Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Am I the only one wishing that half the characters don't end up so over the top as the ones we have encountered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Alien Arcana posted:

More to the point, that's how we get an almost-human computer program just days after Chihiro was talking about strong AI as merely a possibility. He must have spent the majority of those two years at school writing it.

The group finds the laptop, Chihiro sits down and starts typing code (maybe just to take his mind off things), and after a few days of this he realizes he just wrote an honest-to-god artificial intelligence. And he has no idea how he did that.

No wonder Chihiro never mentioned Alter Ego to anyone! He could barely believe it was real.

Man, if only programing was as mechanic and thoughtless as riding a bike.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Throwing one in for Gundam and Sonia.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
What kind of teenage party(or any good party, for that matter) doesn't have booze?

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
I am guessing that the reason that there is no blood trail was because Togami went under the table himself to investigate it. I wonder what it was he saw, though. And I agree with the person who said the knife was probably taped to the underside of the table.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

I don't put any stock at all in the changed numbers; high school students tend to grow. I mean just look at Togami!

And yet, in the first game, in a whole year they had either not changed, or it was barely noticeable.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
A person murdered, using a bat, after going through a period of grief? Obviously the culprit is Shonen Bat.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Slaughtermelon posted:

As a former do-er of kendo I feel the need to "well, actually" here. Bokken aren't used for fighting but they are used for kata, so it's pretty typical to carry one around in your bag with the shinais. It's also considered bad form to hit hard, it's a sword, it's sharp and it slices through, it's not a bat. Even though practice swords are blunt weapons you kind of get trained to think of them as edged. It is totally feasible to kill someone with a bokken, a shinai not so much, speaking as someone who took one to the unarmored head without any lasting damage.

I share the same experience as you, former practitioner. Getting hit with a shinai is painful as gently caress, leave a real nasty welt, it may even daze you, but it would hardly kill you.

A bokken definitly could however, and as Slaughtermelon said, it is quite likely to be carrying it around just like your shinai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Have you considered that it is the other way around, and it was Kuzuruyuu who was blackmailing Mahiru? Think of the game, it could be that those photos show that Mahiru was somewhere where she was not supposed to be, taking pictures, pictures she kept to herself instead of going to the police.

• Locked thread