Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
Oh hell yes. I only got into the first thread when the LP was over, so I'm really excited that I'll actually be able to experience this one as it happens, which is clearly a better use of my time than studying for finals next week. :downs:

I'm guessing the deliberate similarities with DR1 mean that the game is going to mindfuck us in a whole other way later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

legoman727 posted:

Hanamura: Super High School Level Redditor. :gonk:

Nah, he'd have to be a paedophile to be a SHSL Redditor. :v:

And now that they mention poison, that makes me think maybe they're foreshadowing that Hanamura will kill someone with poisoned food, or at least be made a red herring that way.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

HelloWinter posted:

So I just spent my entire holidays making this. It was worth it, it's incredibly cuddly.

I might make more if there's a high demand for it.

I would actually pay money for this.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

Gundam and Nidai.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Nothing? She's wearing color-mismatched thigh-high tights, one cyan, one magenta (just like the dyed streaks in her hair, now that I look at it). They have holes in them because they're cool and punk rock.

...those are holes? I thought they were just polka-dots.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Second, I am really disappointed in the leading choices. SHL luck and SHL heir, the characters that are practically identical to characters from last game. This would be a good time to talk to SHL Gangster. He's the only character except SHL heir who's been acting with any kind of autonomy, he's probably going to be involved in the upcoming murder somehow. So this might be the last time to get any extra perspective (beyond all his "I am so tough" talk) on him before he's dead.

According to a friend of mine who's a Tumblrite Nagito is really popular on Tumblr for whatever reason, which would explain why he has so many more votes than last time.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

Man, Tropical Despair is a great track. Probably my favourite original track from this game I've heard so far. So far the original tracks in this game (as opposed to the ones reused from DR1) have been pretty good, and I really hope there'll be more great ones later on.

Zyxyz posted:

This is great! Thanks for taking the effort to make these, mate.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

zetsubous posted:

To bring this back to the topic of SDR2 -- I've been wondering what Sonia's native language is supposed to be, with a last name like Nevermind. English? I wonder if we're going to get to hear her speak it.

Novoselic sounds kind of Slavic to me.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

tiistai posted:

A swell idea

The joke doesn't make much sense, but worry not. I'll learn humor after I'm done learning art.

Everything about this post is magnificent.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

What would be nice though is if there were a tracklist with the titles in English (without the :filez:, of course). The problem with getting a Japanese copy is that all the titles are in Japanese, and while it's not essential it'd be nice to put them in a language I can actually read.

I've looked but cannot seem to find any.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

Zyxyz posted:

Here's my attempt at making an English tracklist with only the songs that have already appeared in the LP (to prevent spoilers). Most of the translations are from the music links provided by orenronen, but some are best guesses using Google Translate and/or comparisons with other song titles, so they may not be 100% accurate. In addition to the track names, I also gave the context for the songs that aren't linked in the LP, to prove that they've actually been used in the game so far. I know that I'm missing Monomi's execution theme from Update #12, but I'll add it if someone immune to spoilers can find it for me.

This is excellent, thank you!

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

Holy poo poo, Nagito. Every update just makes him seem even more batshit. :stare:

Echoing those saying that this was a pretty intense execution. I was actually half-expecting it to end with Monobear eating him.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

GrizzlyCow posted:

That is the nicest spin to put on the whole thing. Of course, another way to look at it is Mondo regretted killing Chihiro but tried to obscure the crime scene. Anyone who doesn't confess to their crime is attempting to murderer the rest of the class. Mondo knew this. Mondo killed a person, but he didn't have the guts to come clean. At his age, he should have better control of himself.

While Mondo did obscure the crime scene, it wasn't so much out of a desire to cover his tracks as it was to keep Chihiro's secret hidden, even in death. By doing so he probably left more clues that it was him than if he had just left the crime scene alone.

It's not like Togami, who hosed with the crime scene purely for shits and giggles.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

Zyxyz posted:

Now that Chapter 1 is complete, here's an update for the English translation of the DR2 tracklist. One translation choice I was unsure of was "Fry-Heli" for フライヘリ — Google Translate just directly transliterated it as "Furaiheri", which seems like a portmanteau of "fry" and "heli[copter]" to me, but I would welcome alternate suggestions from someone more familiar with Japanese.

This is really helpful, thanks!

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

I guess someone really wants people to purchase the no-ads upgrade.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

thevoiceofdog posted:

Here is a thing I (and a bunch of other cool people) made for the thread. Enjoy!

Part two is coming soon!

This made my night. Keep these coming, they're gold!

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

tiistai posted:

I bet Nanami would have taught her how to superswim if she had asked :colbert:

Somehow the second picture took less time and effort to draw.

This is probably the best thing to come out of this thread. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

Why would the game allow you to skip such a thing of beauty?

• Locked thread