Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Dragonatrix posted:

What monochrome rabbit? That's Monobear and Usami :psyduck:
Usami is completely pink in her opening video, but in this screen she's half-white.

Take this as you will. I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Fedule posted:

You know that scene from Inception, where Ariadne has to design a maze that takes one minute to solve? That's kinda what I've got to do with Sonia. The idea is, you (as in, you, the reader), are going to read one of her sentence fragments, and you're going to reach the end of the sentence before you manage to mentally parse it, but you're also going to finish parsing it before you decide to reread it. The actual delay is a matter of split seconds, but it has to be noticeable. And, of course, there's only so far one can really obfuscate dialogue without making it unintelligible, and even then, if one overdoes it, then the reader gets lost entirely and that's never fun.
Knowing she's foreign exchange student before hearing her speak really makes the vocal quirk click. It was much easier to read than some people have been saying. I just glance over the phrasing obstacles and read the essentials or, in Nanami terms, "Shoot the Core!"

Fedule posted:

Here's a funfact for today: I was originally going to have Hinata comment a little more on the arcade tables in the hotel lobby. As with every other drat thing, he was going to complain about them. I also had this idea of a little game-referencing during Nanami's introduction. As is, Hinata notes that she's keeping up with the game while talking to him; I was going to have him observe that she performed a perfect Ultra Combo Finish or something. However, this was nixed by Oren, and, it being an added and entirely disposable joke, I didn't consider it worth arguing over.
I think the "still playing while speaking" angle of the chosen line evokes more of Nanami's character than having Hinata notice she did something in the game while he's trying to talk. We all probably know the stereotype of the teenager who pretends to be paying attention while their eyes stay on the screen, and that's what I think of with the observation. On the other hand, having that gaming terminology come from Hinata will make him sound more like a gamer when the narrative as we've seen it doesn't support the idea, and Hinata also paying more attention to the game while talking to her makes him look just as awkward as Nanami.

In short, it really isn't worth it. :v:

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Seems like Hinata is just as wary as Togami when it comes to the others. I wonder how long it's going to be in game time before somebody extends the olive branch.

I'm really digging Ocean Breeze Dead End. It's pretty different from the DR1 music and invokes that sense of dread and poo poo rapidly becoming real.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Ibuki just to see what kind of crazy things had to be translated.

Sonia for previously-stated reasons.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

Kira Buckland is voicing Saionji? As in, loving Dialla from the Trapped Flash games? Uh, okay then. :psyduck:
She... does have the voice for Saionji, though.

• Locked thread