Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Off to a great start, you two! This will definitely be a vacation to remember!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Apple Cider posted:

Maybe it's just a design choice that I'm missing because it is Japanese but most of the characters have a design or crest on their clothing. Is that a fashion thing, perhaps?
Probably the same deal as the first Dangan Ronpa; they're emblems from the past school that each student have attended before being accepted to Hope's Peak.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

ImperialGuard posted:

I'd just like to say I really like the idea of someone buying Fedule a Usami avatar.

Maybe edit in the red sword for laughs.
Way ahead of you. :ssh:

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sorry to butt in for a moment, but I'm not sure where else to ask. Any word on the first game getting archived yet? Friend of mine was hoping to read it on the LPArchive and not sure what to tell him'.
The first thread will probably be archived once the remaining Free Time Events are completed.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Upupu... Upupupu!

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Conro101 posted:

Though the back of his arm is looking a little funky.
That's my bad. It's my first attempt with a 3D modelling program and I don't know how to smoothen it out. :(

It won't really matter in the end product, anyway.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

So I just spent my entire holidays making this. It was worth it, it's incredibly cuddly.

I might make more if there's a high demand for it.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Ramengank posted:

Will you get a Monobear plushie?

THE ANSWER: AFTER GRADUATION!
Better yet,

Conro101 posted:

So did you somehow convert that 3D model into a pattern, or is it for some even greater project that will melt our eyeballs out?
I wish! The 3D model was made just to create a plush pattern (and it works!)

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

SirKibbles posted:

Don't go on tumblr at all ,people do not tag their poo poo and whelp at least I know who the mastermind is :argh:
I thought that was always obvious. :stare: (for the 'do not go on tumblr' part, I mean.)

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

I also vote for Oren getting back a Monobear avatar. Please. :ohdear: Here you go!

I really hate the 30kb limit sometimes. Oh well.

Web-friendly version.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

I'm quite surprised how there were no other objections for Togami's leadership. Everyone probably just didn't feel motivated enough to lead the rest of the students in this field trip or they just didn't care, except for Mahiru obviously.

I hope that the breakfast spread doesn't get cold until everyone gets back to it. :ohdear:

... and somehow, I feel that those with unregistered accounts have much less impact on this line.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

My two choices are painfully obvious.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

How far is the comic into the game and how far behind are we from it?
I've checked, and the first page kind of spoils who dies first. So yeah, don't go look for it. (I'm unspoiled since I just finished playing through DR2 a few days back, so all's good.)

vvvv Nah, I took purely the 'slowbeef approach' with playing this, along with a Japanese walkthrough that Oren kindly referred to me. I only know the crude basics of Japanese. But like slowbeef, I recommend not playing this game with no solid language knowledge or else all of the major plot points and subtle stuff flies right through you. I just did it because my copy arrived in the mail recently and because of my "OH MY GOODNESS DANGAN RONPA" hype.

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 23, 2013

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

SaitoBatch posted:

Well, there's my face of my nightmares for the next two weeks. They really meant it when they said like a snake didn't they?

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

HangedManArcana posted:

Oh, HelloWinter? Can I crop that Gundam pic you drew a while back for my avatar? It's really awesome and Gundam's becoming one of my favorite characters.
... don't you want a better-looking avatar? :stare: I'll even draw one for you, I'm serious. I like Gundam too.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

HangedManArcana posted:

That pic is great though. But... If you're offering, then sure! Just so long as it's still Gundam blushing and hiding behind his scarf.
... and hamsters, right? Right?

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

They're technically voiced, in a sense that there are occasionally some tiny sound-bits that pop up from characters. They say stuff like "I see!", or "Well...", or "Hmm" a couple of times during a conversation, but that's throughout the game, not only for Free-time Events.

Although Gundam's maniacal "Ahahaha!" sound-bit easily trumps the rest.

This is really nice!

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

A bit late for contributing, but here we go anyway:

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

melodicwaffle posted:

Two can play that game. :v:

OBJECTION! Why aren't any of you killing each other yet?!

sorry the colors are kind of flat
Man, I couldn't help it either. Gosh darn it.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I hope this isn't derailing but HelloWinter, as a person who has always wanted to draw but lacks the talent... how did you learn to color things like that? Self taught? It's just so goddamn dynamic and the colors just pop. It's insane.
I don't want to derail too much either, but... the simplest method that always works is simply by learning how to dissect photographs and drawings that really strike you. Don't just examine the subject, examine the colors and how it relates to each other to bring out the object in your picture. The trick is to be aware of this all of the time and constantly be aware of your surrounding colour hues and contrast, that way you'll be more knowledgeable for the next time you approach a drawing that demands a certain colour palette to portray a certain mood. You'd have learned different methods by examining pictures and drawings beforehand.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

a spooky ghost posted:

Has a sprite pack like that DR1 been posted in this thread yet?
Nope, not yet.

I couldn't find the second one for Togami...

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

IceBorg posted:

I don't think the game will pull a "yay we are all having fun! Friendship!" party and then don't invite the despair.

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 10, 2013

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Yeah... sorry man, that kind of comment doesn't really add anything to the conversation.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

junan_paalla posted:

What's with all the red in this shot? Isn't the blood supposed to be pink?

It's still pink, but remember that blood isn't fluorescent; it blends in the shadows to make it look more darker than it seems. The blood on the knife is pink as well as the rest of it.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Suzuki Method posted:

Hate to ask, but anyone reading this who's already played DR2, can someone perhaps go looking for (worksafe noncreepy) fan art of Owari for me? She's my favourite character and I'd like to probably change my avatar to her. :3:

I can't do it myself because I don't want to spoil anything.

Here you go!

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Monobear is such a nice bear!

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Noumena posted:

Fedule, please tell us what you mean. Are they supposed to act surprised? Hinata? We, the readers? Why? What's unusual about this scene?

Practically everyone in this thread were throwing theories concerning the floorboards, so seeing two characters actually investigating the area under the cabin wouldn't be as surprising.

edit: Oh dear, sorry slowbeef.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

MonsterEnvy posted:

Umm I don't think this happened.
Sigh, no it hasn't. It's nothing major, but whatever.

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 14, 2013

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Einander posted:

Request: HelloWinter, is it possible to sub the speaker tag when the person speaking isn't on-screen?

Will do!

tiistai posted:

I have to say that I preferred the old annotation subtitles. Both because the font was more consistent (here the subtitles randomly stretch and change size depending on the available space) and generally easier to look at (I'm just not a fan of Arial black as a subtitle typeface, or any other very bold face for that matter), and because it let me read the Japanese below if I bothered to. I recognize and thank for the effort, HelloWinter, but I hope you'd consider using a bit thinner font (even Arial bold would be great) and/or not stretching the text box in the future. Having it always in the same spot would be good too.

The reason for the stretch is due to my incompetence in not knowing how to hide the underlying text properly, so until then...! Also, I'll try to choose a thinner font for next time, if that reads any better.

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 14, 2013

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

miscellaneous14 posted:

If you need help with anything overlay-related, I might be able to lend a hand. Which subbing program are you using?

I'm using Aegisub. Would you happen to know how I could extend the black box border underneath the font so that it covers a good portion of the screen without me having to manually resize the font itself? (which is a shame, too, cause I would rather have a consistent font size as well.)

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

:allears:

Here, I created an avatar-friendly version.

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 15, 2013

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Adelheid posted:

You're definitely not alone. DR0 is just not entertaining and I don't care what happens in it because I hate every character in it and I also hate its writing style.

How can you not be interested by the exciting developments between Matsuda-kun and Ryouko-san!?

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

I wanted to have a Dangan Ronpa avatar for the longest time, so I drew one up the other night out of pure impulse. :sweatdrop:

vvv Not at all! I'm flattered. :3:

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 18, 2013

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

loquacius posted:

This reminds me of a question I had earlier -- forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but was this map originally all in English or did somebody (HelloWinter?) draw up a translated version for the thread? If it's the former, why? Is sometimes using English in the absence of foreigners A Thing in Japan, and if so what determines when you do that?

The original was indeed Japanese! There have been quite a few engrish edits that were made already in the LP (Monokuma File > Monobear File). Oren decided it'd be for the best to edit them into proper english.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Yeah, don't do it man. It's not worth the trouble.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Armanky posted:

Considering the sheer amount of dialogue in these things, I imagine it'd actually be unbearably annoying having to type an extra name for every single message. It'd be pretty simple if you were hacking into the game's code itself, but not so much in this case, where every single message is being entered in manually.

Like you said, we see the speaker's face all over the screen, so it wouldn't really add much anyhow.
Basically this is the reason why I don't do it. It's not worth the hassle.

edit: There are a few exceptions I'm going to make for later updates however, like during a flashback when multiple people other than the character on the screen (Hinata) are talking to each other.

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 24, 2013

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

VoidBurger posted:

I almost didn't read the update because I thought it would be an elaborate April Fool's joke with a ton of convincing HelloWinter forgery art assets because I'm a paranoid freak on April 1st.
Ahahahaha. If only we had this idea sooner. Maybe next year?

ApplesandOranges posted:

And Nagito doing the 'You've got that wrong!' is both creepy and amazing. :stare:
Megumi Ogata is certainly doing a superb job with voicing Nagito so far. I don't think that his creepy vibes would be as effective if it were someone else voicing him.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Although it pisses me the hell off that literally three people somehow knew about the crawlspace and not one of them was the guy who was trying to ensure everyone's safety, but the three were a pervert cook, possibly the psychopath, and some schmuck looking for his dumb earring.

The Devildog earring.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

LateToTheParty posted:

Hey I know Dangan Ronpa is anime as gently caress but I still can't get over the fact that Kirigiri senior looks like a teenage boy despite the fact that he is probably is in his late-thirties or early forties. Come on Dangan Ronpa Zero artist I know that you can only draw anime high schoolers but can you at least give the guy some facial hair so he actually looks like a fatherly figure.

This was the rejected version. He posted it in his twitter a few months back.

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm fine with that, as it slightly covers up the fact that this artist is unable to draw legs that aren't like tree trunks.

Actually, I think the artist just has a bit of trouble understanding how perspective works. Hence the tree trunk legs.

• Locked thread