Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
I see windows and normal colour classrooms, I'm not getting that despair of being trapped in a surreal environment. Everything feels kinda normal like they could just leave but they don't really care enough to break out. Back in the old days you had your big metal door, bolted windows and funky classrooms to make the despair really sink in. This Monorabbit better start dishing out the despair to these kids because I really want to see them truly despair.

That out of the way time for speculation, yay! I'm going with the computer simulation theory due to the weird glitchy type stuff. Though how does this connect to an island... Perhaps they rumble the ruse of this VR classroom almost immediately and wake up on the island? I'll save my verdict on the characters until they've all been formally introduced but I'm both loving and hating Fatogami, I find him hilarious but can't like him as much as his DR1 counterpart due to said hilarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Safe to say all these guys are the main cast now with some awesome names (Gundam is the best name. THE BEST) and that it is the original Togami. There's a lot of mystery right now due to the situation being the opposite of the first now, like where do we go from here other than try to conquer and the girls. But the biggest mystery for me is just how could Togami let himself go like that and wind up back at Hope's Peak.

Well anyway, I got to see them despair (those were some great reactions) but the situation couldn't be any more hopeful. I mean girls plus beach equals guys be happy, well I guess the girls would probably be in despair from the idea that Fatogami will be in a swimsuit...

Loving Usami/Monomi's theme too, could listen to it all day.

Well if it's just hanging out on an island with a bunch of students then lets start hanging with Togami as soon as we can.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

I hope we get a good cast of voices this time too and from some of the voices I've heard so far I'm sure it'll be a yes. I haven't looked them up yet because I'm afraid of finding spoilers to a point where I won't look up anything Dangan Ronpa related outside this and the old threads.

I'm pretty sure Mahiru is Yuu Kobayashi which really makes me hope she has a crazy side to her, Yuu Kobayashi really fits crazy both voicing characters and real life. Sonia is bugging me because I don't recognise her but I feel like I've heard her before, oh well never mind...

I'd love to go into detail on certain others but I'm not sure if they could be spoilers although they could just be there to fool those of us who obsess over seiyuu.

I think the translation is pretty good so far, I'm fine with loose translations. I find there's a certain balance that changes with each work, some require honorifics while others don't or only need them occasionally to highlight the character using uncommon ones like "-dono". It was done well last time and seems fine this time too. I wouldn't be too keen on you replacing a Japanese reference with an American one, being non-American I might not get them anyway but if it's not an obviously replaced one then I'll be okay. Though I'm not worried that we'll miss anything story related due to both of you working as a team we're covered for that.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

I can see why they'd specifically ask for Kotono Mitsuishi, she is a great VA. Her character seems interesting, I like her design and she has that mysterious feel to her that just makes her seem cool not to mention swords are definitely cool.

SingerOfW posted:

And then you get such overpowered displays of swordsmanship as Goemon's from Lupin III.
I'd love to see her cut some worthless things.

I'm surprised I didn't notice the hair clip on Chiaki, it's kind of a dead giveaway on her ability. So she's another voice I recognise all too well, Kana Hanazawa has been in a lot of anime recently. If you've watched an anime from the past three years then you've probably heard her, she even voiced another Chiaki in an anime this year. at first I thought she'd be quite refined and proper but now I don't think so though I can't figure out why....
So eloquent.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

I can't help but feel that Chiaki is probably gonna be around until the end or die very soon. She's not too over the top and she probably would help solve the final mysteries due to treating this as a game just like we are. She's a gamer and a cute girl which should appeal to the target audience, she's even voiced by Kana Hanazawa who happens to be quite popular right now. She would have quite a role to play in the story if she lives for both plot and fanservice. That's why I think the only way she'll die is to punish the player pretty badly and set up an anyone can die feeling which would be a good first death (if this game actually has murders). The only other options are surviving to the end or become the villain. The villain could work out for a SHSL Gamer, I mean this is a game and a SHSL Gamer could think up a good game, right?

Then again I still have no idea what's happening, I can't wait for a smaller more boundary defined mystery to focus on.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Akane really loves her "doughnuts" doesn't she?

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Gotta go Gundam. From the first moment he opened his mouth I knew that I'd be voting for him every chance I get.

I kinda want to see Teruteru's lady skills too but at this point I'd be throwing my vote away, so instead I'll give Mikan a pity vote. Don't get me wrong, I'm only doing it because it's sad to see her with almost no votes not because I like her character... Well I don't hate her but it's too early to tell.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Krinkle posted:

She reminds me of someone from Edgeworth Investigations
Is this one of those manga character archetypes with the names where if you say them you sound like a 4chan mega nerd?
Dojikko? It's not really a term you'd have to use as it just means clumsy girl. In fact she ticks all the boxes for the traits associated with it so much so that I'm sure there's more to her. If there's not more to her then she'll serve a rather painless (for us) death.

Actually just realising that makes me actually want to vote for her for something other than pity.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

RefinedUndefined posted:

I've always thought that Togami acted he didn't know Monobear because he was infiltrating this murder game, how he found out is a different story, and is acting like this to avoid suspicion. Because whoever's behind this murder game may not recognise him, so acting familar with the 'Headmaster' would draw suspicion, and therefore he would be a bigger target for anyone who may support Monobear.

Edit: By not recognise, I meant as a survivor of the murder game Junko held at Hope's Peak, I should have clarified this earlier.

Though I get the feeling that if somebody else were to carry on Junko's legacy they'd have quite a bit of knowledge of what happened in the first game including who was in it.

Although a funny thought occurs in my head that Togami being a fat version of himself is a perfect disguise. I can just imagine a shadowy figure going through the same confusion as us over this. He simply can believe it himself.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Fedule posted:

You win the prize! The prize may or may not be tangible, but you won it all the same.

Honestly, I don't know why they didn't just have a sprite for Nagito holding out the chopsticks. Since they went to the effort of drawing that picture anyway...

What about Monomi? Or did she leave after her last line about crying?

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

I know it doesn't matter but here's what I've got for the voices in the blackout.

Uwah, the power's out! - Mahiru.

The hell happened?! I can’t see nothing! - Souda.

I...It's too dark! Everything's too dark! - Ibuki.

C...Calm down, everyone! We have to keep calm at a time like this! - Mahiru.

Waaah! Don't step on my feet! - Hiyoko.

Oy, what are you doing?! - Togami.

Stop it!! - It was hard to hear this part but I'm gonna guess Togami.

Ow! - Almost nothing to go on here so I'm not sure.

Turn on the lights! It’s hard to eat this way! - Akane.

Hey, everyone! Where are you? T...This power outage... it isn't just in the kitchen? - Hanamura.

Could someone perhaps have flipped the circuit breakers? - Sonia.

W...Wait here! I'll use the walls as a guide and go see if I can’t fix this...! - Souda.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Maybe it's not important but the blood seems to have splattered a bit, right? And it seems like from the lack of blood trail leading to the table that he was stabbed there. I could be wrong but in that small space it'd be hard to stop blood from going all over your clothes. So whoever killed Togami would probably be covered in blood. They could have changed their clothes but there'd be nowhere to hide them for long, they couldn't have left the lodge or destroyed the clothes so a search would uncover them, right?

Though maybe there is somewhere to hide the clothes well, like under the floor. Oh wait, what if they got blood on their skin too? They'd have to wash it off in the toilets or the kitchen. And maybe they could have destroyed the clothes in the kitchen with the oven too. Although why is the toilet locked? It means that if the murderer didn't lock it then the kitchen would be the place to go. Or maybe the murderer did lock it but also locked someone in there to throw suspicion that person and then used the kitchen for washing hands and burning clothes. Wasn't Hanamaru in there though? Oh I don't know where I'm going with this.

We need more clues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

slowbeef posted:

I mostly like everything you brought up, except I'm wondering who Nagito planned to murder. Or for that matter, how. I mean, what's his plan in that theory? Find the knife, and then just blindly start stabbing?

I wonder if Nagito didn't actually plan to kill anyone and it was the culprit who set it up. One of the things that bugged me was how luck based the murder was but what if it wasn't luck that Togami went under the table. I can't remember if this was brought up but what if the knife was planted to draw someone over to the underside of the table? You'd draw someone in and then stab them through the floor. The idea is Nagito didn't go to the knife because he planned a murder he just saw something glowing under the table and decided to check it out.

• Locked thread