Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Great to see the thread is here, and especially great to have gotten in on it at the very beginning, as opposed to the start of the final trial. Of course, as others have said, having to wait for each update will be truly despair-inducing.

One thing I didn't see anyone mention is that the chef seems to have a bit of Asahina's poses. EDIT: Huh, just went searching and I could have sworn there were more matches, but the main one will have to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Interestingly, it seems that Togami is still doing a bit of what he did in the first game: thinking he is the main character. Rather than "protagonist that needs nobody", though, this time he's going for "protagonist that leads everybody", but either way, he's definitely acting like he's the main character.

As for the vote, Togami and Chiaki.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Gensuki posted:

The Latter. Pekoyama has done nothing noble short of guarding* the Duralumin case. Even then, I don't think she was the first to volunteer, or even if she volunteered...

...what? You're way off here. Here's the exchange, from guarding the case being brought up to Pekoyama volunteering.

orenronen posted:

We need to keep this case with the dangerous items safe somewhere.

Can't we just leave it here?

You'd think that would be okay because it's under lock and key, but...

We want to be extra careful tonight. We should find a safe place to store it.

I saw a storage room at the far end of the lodge.

Hmmm... No, we can't possibly use that place. It is not nearly safe enough.

In that case, let's have someone guard it. That would make it safe, would it not?

Eh? But, who’d want to do that?

I would, of course.

I mean, she was the only volunteer, how'd you mix that up with thinking she didn't volunteer at all? Mind you, this doesn't have much bearing on the discussion of how honorable she is, either.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

GrizzlyCow posted:

[...]Your family and friends are out there. How long have you been gone? Are they alright?

One thing about this: it's already been revealed that the outside world has been destroyed by the "World Destroyers" in Update 42. Granted, it's still unknown if any of it is true, but the students do know there is a possibility that nothing is left in the rest of the world, so I think it still leaves the Leave The Island goal as a long-term one.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Einander posted:

While it's weird, we don't need to jump to VR for the swimming story. She could have swam three hours and still not reached the island if the currents were the wrong way, especially if she had to repeatedly swim the same stretch of water in order to try new approaches. Rip current deaths are evidence enough of how powerful ocean currents can be if you try to fight them.

Peko didn't just say that she couldn't reach the islands, she specifically said she couldn't find them.

quote:

But, no matter how far I swam I could not find them anywhere. It seems leaving this island by sea is going to be difficult.
I wouldn't call it difficult... Swimming for three hours and not finding the islands we know are there? That's impossible...

Perhaps find does mean reach here, but I'm taking it as being unable to even see the other islands while swimming.

• Locked thread