Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm expecting great things from Mr. Chef, even if he is the first murderer.

That gangster looking dude, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

HGH posted:

...What exactly is up with her mouth? Is she whistling?

That's the same kind of cutesy duckface Junko was making, wasn't it?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Zhauth posted:

SCOOBY GANG ASSEMBLE!

This episode:
Heart-Thumping Field Trip BIG PANIC!
Guest Starring:
Francis York Morgan
and
Gordon Ramsay with Dwarfism!

Please forgive my Super Elementary School Level art.

I don't think communing with the Old Ones is a very productive method of -fighting- despair, Hagakure.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Isn't that a thing with a lot of ninjas?

I'd bet that the Mechanic would be one of the first people to go, just because his skill is one of the most practical here.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Frost Uncle posted:

Monobear's unusually excited about a 20% discount on sausage.

One lucky Christmas dinner is about to contain the Mondo special.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Anyone else feeling screwed up for looking forward to the reappearance of the guy who killed a kid by smacking with thousands of baseballs at high speed?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I like how the thing most dead center with the camera in that CG was Coach's junk.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
"I'll warn you now, I have no compassion, sympathy, or pity. That's because I'm a bear."

:allears:

I like that the second intro managed to make everyone look suspicious, even the 'nice' characters.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I like how anything Togami chooses to do with his money is worth getting offended when someone insults it. Even if it's getting obese.

And I hope Souda somehow lives to the end, 'cause I feel really bad for him already. :(

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Gotta go for Gundam and Sonia

I actually got spoiled on their bit searching on Pixiv for someone with her name - counted myself lucky shipping pics were all I saw.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Alien Arcana posted:

Oh hey, stuff happened while I was away.

I don't know why everyone voted for Togami, I can't imagine we won't find out what his deal is in the main game. And Gundam's probably going to be an Ishimaru type, where you don't really learn much because he's so crazy. I would've gone for Kuzuryuu and Mahiru. Oh well.

Anyway, I had a feeling that Sonia and Gundam would hit it off. After all, who's going to be friends with the weird kid, if not the oblivious girl? Wasn't expecting Hiyoko and Togami, though. :stare: Also, Souda appears to be channeling the Ubergoon. Not a good sign.

Sonia also likes the occult, and no-one fits that better than Gundam.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Best not let Sonia find out you're into occult stuff if her complimenting your hamsters is enough to embarrass you, Gundam.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

HelloWinter posted:

A bit late for contributing, but here we go anyway:

Seriously. You might as well say Nidai is a crossdresser.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Watch, after the first murder:

"But it was worth it! I got rid of the traitor!"

"Eh? You got rid of someone who didn't exist? That's amazing!"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Man, when Hanamura gets killed it's going to be hard singling out who did it: who wouldn't want to eventually?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It looks like Togami slipped those on after the lights shut off, given how paranoid he was about everything earlier. Unless there's another pair around, it must have been someone who could see in the dark well. Do any of the students fit that bill?

Or he killed himself by falling over, I guess, since the nurse helpfully reminded us about that just before.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I dunno why some people are saying you need Souda's kind of knowledge to cause that black-out. You definitely don't need to know how something works to be able to break it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So was slipping laxatives into the food or whatever it was that made Pekoyama sick just trying to sow dissent by making her absent during it (which seems like kind of a crapshoot in many ways, but hey), considering they had to have flipped them with this engineered outage? Seems like a lot of work for something that might not pay off.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If Hanamura is the culprit I'll be surprised, since he hasn't really been the focus of any of this evidence and whatnot. Usually anyone you can suspect is fairly prominent in that chapter.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I won't help but find it a little weird if both first murderers are this similar, honestly.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Krinkle posted:

How are they at all similar? I am not seeing any connections.

I meant their characters - although a lot of people are claiming Hanamura was trying to kill Maybe-Naegi after finding out he was plotting a murder is a little similar to what Leon did.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

orenronen posted:

Honestly, I have no clue where people are coming up with that stuff. How in hell are Leon and Hanamura alike? One's a short, fat faux-urban-sophisticated pervert who never fails to proclaim just how much of a pervert he is to the disgust of all the girls (and most of the boys) around. The other is a tall, pretty-boy punk-rocker/sports star with some delusions about his musical ability who seems to be pretty popular with the girls, even though he doesn't have many qualms about dating several at once. They don't look alike, they don't talk alike and they don't have the same personality.

Honestly, if any of the new cast is similar to Leon, at least with their general attitude and mannerism, it's probably Souda.

Well, both of them are playboys (and even if no-one's falling for his poo poo here except for Sonia, you can beat some girls would since he's famous), and both are pretty cocky about what they can do. Hanamura panics way quicker, but that's more similarities than Leon has with Souda personality-wise.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd spoil unironically using -san too.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

evilspacehopper posted:

I wonder if Nagito didn't actually plan to kill anyone and it was the culprit who set it up. One of the things that bugged me was how luck based the murder was but what if it wasn't luck that Togami went under the table. I can't remember if this was brought up but what if the knife was planted to draw someone over to the underside of the table? You'd draw someone in and then stab them through the floor. The idea is Nagito didn't go to the knife because he planned a murder he just saw something glowing under the table and decided to check it out.

Unless the glow can go through the table-cloth, doubtful. It is just packing tape.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 16, 2013

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

The knife had been painted with glow-in-the-dark paint, and the packing tape (presumably) had some from the handle stick to it when the knife was pulled free of the tape.

Oh, must have got that mixed up somehow. Yeah that's more plausible, although you'd probably have to slather a bunch on.

Wonder if someone having paint on their hands will come up?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

quote:

Right now it seems likely that Nagito planted the knife and went under, but I kinda doubt that Hanamura is the killer. He said before "Hey, everyone! Where are you? T...This power outage... it isn't just in the kitchen?"

Or that was a lie.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I wonder what Monobear would think of killing someone by getting a patsy to do it for you, as Nagito may have done with Hanamura?

Probably think it was awesome.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 17, 2013

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm kinda betting on Nagito intentionally letting Hanamura find out somehow, maybe even letting him find out how to get underneath the floor. Getting rid of Togami can only help a would-be murderer, and might even net you a trip off the island depending on how Monobear interprets the rules. If not, you can help finger Hanamura and make yourself look good. Sure he's gonna squeal, but who'd believe the perverted, creepy chef who just killed a guy? It's simple, lets you stay one step ahead, and doesn't put you in danger if it doesn't work.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Tomn posted:

What exactly is the evidence for Nagito luring anyone into doing anything?

None, really, but it fits better than him setting this up and then thinking he could pull a murder off in the dark.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think it was only Hanamura who got the wrong guy either way.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

QuarkJets posted:

No, no it doesn't. He couldn't guarantee that someone else would go under the table. And in this hypothetical that you've set up, he had no reason to plant an actual knife. Hanamura, on the other hand, knew that the position of the knife would at least place Nagito under the table at a specific time. To me, this makes it seem like Hanamura found out that Nagito would probably be under the table at a specific time and unwittingly killed Togami instead.

Stabbing someone in the dark isn't an impossible task you people, sheesh

Maybe not, but more difficult than it needs to be when you're screwed if it doesn't work.

On the other hand, making your move sometime after the vigilant, charismatic leader is dead...

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

pandaK posted:

slowbeef tries to get through an episode of retsutalk without mentioning the LP.

does he succeed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k3W_8wCcc8
(he didn't mention Dangan Ronpa in episode 18)

That's beautiful.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
For some reason I could believe that first part, just because they had amnesia in the first game and never really felt the need to explain it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Nice to see Hinata can notice when someone's being skeevy as hell. That was honestly kinda creepy.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Suspicious or not, there's still no way it could have been Nagito who actually did the deed, unless he tricked Hanamura into it somehow and that counts.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why did I snicker at a human trafficking joke?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Thanks for helping narrow it down to yourself, Hanamura. You're a pal.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I get it's kind of a limitation of the narrative, but having the culprit go apeshit right away once they're accused doesn't much help the suspense either.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
He'd have probably mentioned that at some point if it happened in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Well, I didn't expect that. And not in a good way. :smith:

I have to wonder though, if Togami supposedly knew Hanamura was there, why go for the knife anyway? He seemed capable of subduing Komaeda.

• Locked thread