Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012
Previous game made me decide to buy an account.
Manimal man and his three stooges is my favorite character so far.
Someone give him Redmage's hat and a caption of his quote about animal husbandry.

Also who do you think Monobear would vote for?
He mints his own currency supports capital punishment likes gated communities and can be kind of prudent at times.

Also included, a picture of him before he got his full body tribal tattoo:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu would fit right into "Baccano!", step it up fast rhyming singers this is what gangsters should look like.

Chiaki Nanami, a gamer who is a girl, love the way she handles talking, more people should read their own lines before saying OK to the script that lives gives them.

Loved the Podcast but I don't know if you stressed the spoiler warning enough.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

*Tress Bien Music*

Also it seems that one student here was living the dream of one from the previous game.

Son Conan posted:

:gonk:
Teruteru Hanamura: Super High-school Level Sexual Predator

Misread this as "Super High-school level Redditor".
*shudders*

Radian Angle fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 26, 2012

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012
I like Hiyoko Saionji she reminds me of my younger sister.

Why are people equating exterminating bugs with animal cruelty?
I will hurt a fly, but only to kill it.
My sisters on the other hand weren't opposed to ripping off wings or putting salt on snails (something I even refused to watch) so maybe its just a girls thing.

Feh. Coward.

Akane Owari: Dat everything.

Radian Angle fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Dec 30, 2012

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Ratoslov posted:

Because she's killing ants individually by hand, so she's clearly not doing it for the sake of removing an ant infestation from the farm, she's doing it for entertainment. And that's pretty sociopathic.

That just means she's inefficient and enjoying her job. :3
What my sisters did by hand I did with fireworks

Ratoslov posted:

I dunno. DanganRonpa's pretty anime, so we might be intended to take this as 'Bratty kid' rather than 'serial-killeriffic'; much like we might be intended to read Hanamura as 'immature and has a healthy interest in women' rather than 'redditor and aspiring date-rapist'. Still, it's a pretty nasty first impression.

Well we've already had a serial-killing-novelist, a genocidal-loli wouldn't be that far out.
And considering the former's wimpy physical condition I think they'd have about the same strength.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

orenronen posted:

I do have my favorites, but I won't make the mistake of revealing them again. Even though we're done with the introductions, you've really only seen the bare minimum of these characters' personalities.

Good going Oren, you naming a favorite now would probably reveal that that character survives the first round.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012
I made something.

The working title was "Lime Popsicle" cause of his eyes.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Fedule posted:

There are a lot of JRPGs with rear end in a top hat protagonists.

When I read the part I thought that reference was actually a joke on this fact.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012
Riches and hoards.

Radian Angle fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 15, 2013

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012
I was quite impressed with the DR RP from what I've seen up till now, but maybe I just haven't seen as many Tumbler RPs as Slowbeef I'm no expert.
I couldn't do something like that, yet.

I've entertained the idea of doing a DR style RP, but not like that.
What I was thinking about would've been more like DnD in a mansion, with a DM giving random people a note telling them to attempt a murder.
The system rules would determine if you succeed (bopping Sakura on the head wouldn't have a high chance of success and so on).

Also I don't think I've seen anyone post a link to it yet. http://superdanganronpadeadend.tumblr.com/plot

EDIT: I've just read all the bios and I'm seriously disappointed that there's no beefcake.

Radian Angle fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 19, 2013

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012
I made a Junko in Ninth Seal.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

CHiRAL posted:

Monobear has mascot anatomy, not bear anatomy :colbert:

I've got mascot anatomy, because I'm a bear.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

DupaDupa posted:

Oh wow, what a subtle reference to Part 5 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

I want a picture of someone licking our dear chef and saying he tastes of lies.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Now I have proof.

I suck at this.

Onecanofsprite posted:

A completely murderous little bear.

At least more so then the average bear.

Waffleman_ posted:

Technically, all the people Monobear has killed were murderers judged by a jury of their peers, so he's technically a hero of justice.

Except for the super highschool level soldier.
Sure she kicked him but he let someone else go for the same thing.

Radian Angle fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 10, 2013

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Thank you, thank you very much.
That's exactly how I imagined it

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Jeek posted:

People have explained above, plus this is an anime-as-hell story so obviously everybody observes anime time: they will wait for Ryouko (proclaimed to be the protagonist by none less than Junko) to finish her reading before doing any other stuff. :v:

Or she has two more talents; super High School level speed reading & SHSL stenography.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012
Speculation: He's going to be turned into a CD of this:

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Zereth posted:

They'd burst into flames.

... And then hit the lava. And probably wouldn't sink into it.

Just learn to hold your breath and you won't drown in the lava.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Tomn posted:

There's a thought for you - suppose that someone DID kill someone else successfully and graduate. It seems a very Monobear thing to do would be for the graduating student to press a button to go free...and also kick off all the executions of every other student, one by one, right in front of the remaining students and the graduate while the ones left in the queue plead and beg and scream and curse out the graduate.

Congratulations, you graduated, enjoy your lasting mental trauma!

Still.
Some would be less bothered by that than others...

I actually tried to find the panel where her inner monologue has her claiming she'd trade a year of her life for "the death of these idiots".

Radian Angle fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 17, 2013

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

BigDB posted:

Amazing picture and now we need an edit of this after he commits the murder covered in blood

Would this be good enough for our art critic overlords?

fool_of_sound posted:

What's this red stuff? Everyone knows that Dangan Ronpa blood is Hot Topic pink :colbert:.

Artistic licence. Its supposed to represent ketchup cause he's a chef.

Radian Angle fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 17, 2013

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

MiyokoBlade posted:

This is just a suggestion...but maybe we can make it shuffle back and forth? I think that would be quite hilarious. Sorry, but trying to see Hanamura-san trying to walk gracefully doesn't really fit. I see him doing more of a shuffle.

Exit stage left.

via Imgflip GIF Generator

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Hanamura, no! What would your mother think!?

Culinary pride world wide!

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

Hope and despair blending together, huh...

NAGITO IS JUNKO AND NAEGI'S SON. :aaaaa:

/tinfoil hat

She raped him before erasing his memory and had her forgetful successor (who she's prepping in DR0 by removing the last thing that ties her to the world) carry the child.
Junko is going to be the ever present jigsaw of the series (who in turn is Junko's father, she didn't die as a child but was kidnapped by a japanese child napping gang, her sister was adopted).

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

Are you aware of the Frequent Occurrences of Mass Naked Child Events within the Academy Kibougamine Peak?

Seriously hough, the only flaw in your brilliant and no doubt certain deduction is Junko and Mukuro's resemblence because of their blood relation was a plot point in DR. Are we to beleive that one or the other got plastic surgery? Get real here.

Not just plastic surgery, despair inducing plastic surgery.
The kind that could make a super soldier look like a young girl (and how her successor made herself into mini Junko out of admiration, and a dancer because like many kinds of forgetfulness hers doesn't extend to learning motor skills, she keeps her memory notes in her huge kimono sleeves).

//silly off

What are the leading theories on what the mono mastermind motive is this time around? As far as we know the only two "members" of SHSL despair are dead.

Radian Angle fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 20, 2013

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

If anything, his admission makes me sure he'll live to be one of the final five. Him and the gangster who also said he'd kill everyone.

Peko, the sword girl though? No way, that sounds way too noble, sorry. She's got to go!

Also, Monobear said that even if its an accident its still a murder.
Maybe the nurse falls from a step and breaks her neck, With Komaeda covering it up like how Monobear swiped a piece of evidence when Sakura committed suicide.
Even if you die by your own fault by accident it counts as murdering yourself.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012
Heroes who destroyed the world eh? And one of the group is a super engineer...
My overly sensitive pattern recognition is tingling.
Maybe our mystery MC is even going to turn out an architect.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Looking closer at that picture, I'm reminded of someone.

I can't help but note a lot of eerie similarities between the two of them now that I think about it.

To me she's got a lot more of the attitude of Dasterdly.~

Monomi, you snickering, floppy eared hound.
When courage is needed, you're never around.
Those hope shards you wear on your moth-eaten chest
Should be there for bungling at which you are best.

So, Stop that Monobear
Stop that Monobear (x6)

Nab him
Jab him
Tab him
Grab him
Stop that Monobear now!

You, Gundam, stop snickering, it's not worth the chance.
For you'll be returned by the seat of your pants.
And Souda, you invent me a thingamabob
That catches that Monobear or I lose my Hope.

(Second chorus)

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

orenronen posted:

Volume 2 of DR0 is coming - I'm slowly advancing on the translation. It's just that the first volume is available for free on the publisher's site, which made it convenient to work on at times where I can't have the book in front of me (read: dead times at work). For volume 2 I actually have to work with the physical book.

Have you considered taking pictures of the pages you want to translate and putting the opened image next to your text editor?
Though as of yet I've only translated so little that I still prefer to do it on paper, I'm thinking about using this for a few english books I've been thinking about translating into Dutch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wait, she really had a bunny clip?

Maybe my theory about Ikusaba being involved in this game is right. :tinfoil:

"We have the technology we can rebuild her"
Shyer
Smaller
Bunnier than she was before!

• Locked thread