Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
:stare: What the hell happened here, do everyone get their own glow and terrifying looks nowadays or something? Nice claws by the way.

On another note, anyone else thinking that someone is going to get killed by those beasts at some point? I don't think anyone's going to try to attack Monobear now (that would be pretty stupid after all), but perhaps someone will try to assassinate it in the future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Welp, I guess Monomi is out of the game. Unless it's a fake-out and she will return later, because her theme is too good to already let go. Also, it seems like Togami will take command now, or at least for the moment.

Oh yeah, and this.

orenronen posted:

Kyahaha! A dream! What a dummy!
Who the hell would act like this at a time like this, stop being weird Hiyoko :gonk:

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

So is no one going to wonder about who could have made the scream at the end of the update? Although I guess it could only be Usami, considering everyone else is supposedly in the resturant.

Also, I kinda wish that Hitomi survives for the entire trip, if only to freak me out everytime she says something :v:

edit: I mean Hiyoko, looks like I need to learn the names of the charcters better before I post again

Carlioo fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 16, 2013

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

By Hitomi you mean Hiyoko right.

Yes. I am dumb and don't read character's name correctly. Thanks for pointing it out!

edit: Also, just so you know Fedule, I like your translation style. I'm sure it would be just as good as an official translation, if it would ever happen.

Carlioo fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jan 16, 2013

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Voting for Togami and Sonia, because so far it seems like they can become my favorite characters.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

So wait, is she faking her amnesia? Or does the super analytical side of Ryouko just come up whenever she realizes she's in danger? I mean, it's a cool ability and all, but I just hope it doesn't become a deus ex machina.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Jalathas posted:

Pretty sure she said she read her talent in her notebook.

:doh: That's what I get for not reading properly. But yeah, you kinda have to wonder why she forgets things so easily, even though she is an SHSL Analyst. Did she took in too much information at one point? Or maybe the amnesia was planted there by the Despair group.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Bliss Authority posted:

What I got out of the "Chef is more dignified!" line of Teruteru's is one of two things:

1: He's actually a chef, not a cook, or
2: He's so full of himself and/or poo poo that he calls himself a chef without qualifications.

Something tells me that it's the second option, considering how he has acted so far in the game. I mean, I know this is Dangan Ronpa/anime and all, but running a restaurant would probably be too much for a high school student.

Also, saying that you're a chef makes you sound a lot cooler then saying that you're a cook, so maybe that's part of the reason too.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

I just thought of something: I've seen some posters who think that Nagito is just a fanboy of Naegi. Couldn't it be that if the islanders had their memories wiped, something got mixed up in Nagito's memory and he started to think of himself as SHSL Good Luck, even though he probably has another skill?

Also, I don't think Nagito is the murderer, even though he planned on murdering Togami. Somebody got to him first and probably used the skewers for the killings. Which kinda makes me hope that Nagito will be around for the entire game, trying to kill someone but always failing until the last murder, because then the characters would say that it can't be Nagito, as someone else must have killed the victim first

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Ok yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with the people who think that pogo-stick sword/lightweight ninja is stupid. I would have been completely fine with it in the game if anyone had mentioned it beforehand, but instead it's just something they pull out of nowhere. poo poo like this is why murder mysteries aren't always my favorite kind of stories, because of how the item that's super necessary sometimes comes out of nowhere. Just because it's a thing that the player apparently is supposed to know about beforehand doesn't mean it's a legitimate theory. Really hope that this is the low point of the game. Or maybe I'm just overreacting thanks to the thread.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Geg posted:

Man, what's with people taking this so seriously. I don't see how this is any more dumb or ridiculous than the Genocider Sho reveal in the last game

Somehow the mask just ridicules the whole thing for me tbh. Like, Genocider Sho/Syo was silly with the long tounge and whatnot, but this just irks me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

pidgeon posted:

He is metaphorically tied up to the bed and unable to play out his schemes. One chapter. Just one chapter. I want him to be free again.

What if Tsumiki is lying and Komaeda is actually running around, setting up the murder? That's a possibility. Ever since Komaeda got really sick we haven't actually seen him in his bed, we only think he's in bed because Tsumiki is telling us so, unless I missed that part.

• Locked thread