Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
Is it just me or does Sonia Nevermind's face look strikingly similar to Junko's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I hate to repost this image, but why has nobody mentioned the wires around her legs? It looks like somebody pulled her over.

Knowing Dangan Ronpa this scene will probably end up being the thing that convicts the culprit of the first trial in the end or be in some way very important to the case. Either way Mikan will probably be heavily involved in the case.

On a side note, I watched the first intro again and I noticed something interesting. All the female characters in the intro (With the exception of one) get their whole bodies viewed by the camera and all the male characters (With the exception of one) don't. The exceptions are our main character who gets a full body shot from the camera and Ibuki who just gets the same amount of screen as the guys. While the Main character seems ordinary and fine Ibuki seems a bit odd...maybe I'm just looking too much into this.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
Gundam and Souda

Also I feel like either Sonia is going to die or she is going to be the first killer and Souda will try and protect her in the trial.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Considering Monomi, an 18th person might also be necessary to consider (unless we go with the theory that they're really in cahoots even if they don't seem so).

I don't really want Monobear and Monomi to be controlled by as-of-yet unseen parties or by AI, but so far every cast-member has been seen with them, which is a strong case that they are either independent AIs or controlled by someone who we haven't seen.

Unless somebody in the group is a hell of of a ventriloquist controlling them by remote or something. A Super High-School Level ventriloquist.

I could see Chiaki pulling it off as quiet as she is. If the mystery of the story does in the end revolve around discovering the masterminds identity then yeah it would be completely unfair for the readers if they pulled some random guy out of nowhere. However there is also the chance that this stories main bad guy might not be Monobear while the mastermind of despair is one of the 16 and there is some lacky controlling monobear.

Valkama fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 25, 2013

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
I really dislike this new Togami. Also I doubt he will die with the story focusing so much more on Sonia and Souda at the moment.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
[Removed]

Valkama fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 4, 2013

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
Going on with the only 15 students discussion. Monobear states "there were only supposed to be fifteen Hope’s Peak Academy students coming to this island!" Like this was actually a plan that he knew about and someone interfered. So going back on what someone said about the 16 huts instead of 15 does come over as quite odd actually.

Here's a theory, 15 students were sent by the mastermind to the island to partake in despair inducing activities, the mastermind was also on the island and gets a 16th hut. A traitor showed up with monomi to try and stop the despair by erasing their memories. The mastermind then escapes and the traitor and monomi try and bring hope to the 15. The mastermind eventually hatches a plot to bring despair back to the 15 students and that is when monobear arrives.

The fact that monobear seems to basically know the island inside and out and has robots on it tells me that he once stayed on the island. Now what would really be interesting is if the student trial ended up having 16 seats in it as well.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
My question is how did that knife get there.

Togami confiscated all dangerous items. This would mean 1 of three things happened.

-Nagito hid a knife somewhere while they were cleaning.
-Some took the case Togami had, went to the case Peko had and opened it then took the knife back and killed Togami.
-Togami had the knife.

My money is on the third one. The first one seems really unlikely and the second one could only have realistically been done by Peko. Although Togami could have also faked his death. As for the bathroom, am I the only one who thinks monobear was in there the whole time? I'm also a bit curious how some of the other clues and events that happened before the murder will come into play.

Crackpot theory: Monobear killed Togami, frames Nagito and gets him executed to remove threats.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
I just saw an episode of Case Closed today where a culprit caused a blackout by setting up all appliances to go off at the same time. Funny how this works out. The killer is probably Nagito though and if not him it's Souda but I don't want it to be Souda as he has tons of potential to be awesome. Also as for Togami's death photo (I'm not sure if this was pointed out already or not) one wound is significantly bigger than the others, I'm guessing he was Skewered before he was stabbed.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
Going back to my theory I posted earlier about Togami getting Skewered first. I think the culprit decided to hide the Skewer under the floorboards and when he lifted up the carpet to hide it, it caused Mikan to fall. The reason the knife is there is probably to frame Peko.

So my entire theory goes like this. Nagito used his super high school level good luck to get drawn in to prepare for the party (He could have cheated as well but the point is to make it look like it was random) and while preparing for the party he set up the house for a blackout hide a skewer and a knife under the table. After the black out Togami got his night vision goggles out and noticed the glow in the dark paint coming from the table and he went to investigate, it was then that Nagito stabbed him with the skewer and moved his body under the table afterwards he stabbed him again 7 more times with the knife. He then needed to hide the Skewer so he lifted up the carpet causing Mikan to fall and put the Skewer between the gaps in the floorboards. The knife was left intentionally the frame peko.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!

orenronen posted:

We really don't have the time to go through them one by one...
...So let's just ignore them.

Yeah. That would be wise.
I wonder why Nagito doesn't want us to see inside those boxes. This seems almost too suspicious. So far everything seems to point towards Nagito being the culprit but this storage room scene almost makes me think otherwise.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
Well the crawlspace theories have been disproven I guess I'm back on my old theory of Nagito skewered Togami and used the crawlspace to hide the weapon causing Mikan to fall over when the carpet was lifted up. My explanation for why Nagito revealed information about the crawl space is he's planning to set Souda up. If we find that there is in fact a hidden passage in the bathroom then Souda will definitely be the prime suspect. However there are two things Souda couldn't do and that is, if he killed someone under the crawlspace then they wouldn't have been able to have access to the bloody knife. Another thing is he wouldn't have been able to put the knife there in the first place. My main issue with Hanamura theory is he also wouldn't have been able to put the knife under the table and Togami's famous last words "Oy, what are you doing?! Stop it!!" come before Hanamura even entered the room. Peko is in the same position as Souda. The only one left is really Nagito.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
On the last page I read a theory about Nagito and Hanamura both plotting to kill Togami and I have to say, I really like this theory. Nagito could have planted the knife and Hanamura would have hidden a skewer. Hanamura could have poisoned peko's food and Nagito could have set up the power to go out. While the power was out Nagito probably went for the knife and Togami caught him while Hanamura hid in the crawlspace. Somewhere along the lines Nagito gets 7 stabs on Togami and Hanamura skewers him. But then the question becomes who got to him first? Perhaps Nagito found out Hanamura was also planning murder and is trying to set Hanamura up as he would be the easiest considering he would have planned for murder which is why he's giving away important details. Another idea is Souda planned the blackout. Although I'm thinking 3 attempted murderers would be too much for a first case. This also relies on there being an entrance to the crawlspace. If no entrance is found then it has to be Nagito although I'm thinking Nagito either way.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
Well it appears the only weapon to hit Togami was the skewer so I guess the most likely killer is Hanamura. As far as the secret passage goes that let Gundam get his earring back, I'm thinking the storage room (It's the closest to where he was) and Hanamura used the cloth the keep blood off himself. The part that doesn't make sense though is Nagito would be hiding evidence by saying they shouldn't search the whole storage room which is odd. So he's probably still heavily involved with the murder but he's not the culprit. Also Hanamura is really suspicious in this part while Nagito doesn't react any differently while Souda and Peko act how I would expect of their characters. I'm now more curious how the trial minigames will go cause those were always fun in DR1.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
I'm getting this vibe that Hinata is going to wind up being the traitor in the end. Actually at the very beginning of the game Hinata says, "To tell you the truth, the circumstances in my case are slightly unusual. ...But that's a story for another time. Honestly, I don't think it's such a big deal. You'll find out for yourselves soon enough." Perhaps his unusual circumstances are he's becoming a mole for the world destroys or something along those lines.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
When you initially asked the question about the pet I didn't care much but now after hearing Gundam I say spoil it all you can! Also I can't believe there was a Trio the Punch reference, this is the greatest.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
So here's how I see it. The culprit let out Nagito. The culprit then brought Nagito over to the beach house and killed Koizumi. Afterwards Saionji witnessed the corpse and ran away. So with Saionji and Nagito being the first two to find the body Souda makes three and everything is fine there. The culprit then washed their blood off with the water bottles and then with the help of Nagito escaped through the window. Nagito just walked out of the beach house and left the footprints. As far as who it is. Peko was the only one who was wet so there you go. I still think more decisive evidence is needed though.

Edit: Alternate theory, Koizumi let out Nagito and attacked Peko. Peko defended herself and killed Koizumi. Nagito being such a good guy decided to help Peko hide her crime.

Valkama fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 3, 2013

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
Well at first I didn't really like the peko/kuzuryuu thing however I went and skimmed every one of the previous updates looking for a connection between the two. (The first game had clues towards a Fukawa/Togami thing). Now that I've done that it seems really likely that Peko/Kuzuryuu have some sort of relationship with eachother. Peko is always the one that speaks to Kuzuryuu when noone else does. She even says she talked to Kuzuryuu when Kuzuryuu was avoiding people. Now my main problem though is still at the beginning of the second chapter, Peko explicitly shows that she doesn't agree that murderers deserve to die. So Kuzuryuu convincing Peko to kill for him seems very unlikely still.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!

Popo posted:

Except not because she came from the beach, having gone for a swim as she claims.

Actually, looking back once things get rolling the game doesn't say where people approached from so I guess Sonia could have come from the beach but since neither she nor Peko mention seeing each other.

Kuzuryuu is involved, we can be sure of this, but if it was him that actually killed Koizumi then the mask is even weirder than it already is. With Sonia and Peko it makes some sense since both were around for the Kira Kira conversation but Kuzuryuu wasn't. Why would he leave the mask?

What if Peko messed with the crime scene to cover for Kuzuryuu?

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
I think the main problem with Kuzuryuu having Peko do the dirty work is Kuzuryuu has constantly said he wants to do everything on his own. Having Peko do the killing seems completely out of character.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
I have a couple of quick questions about the hospital rules. First if someone were to sneak into the hospital and do something then leave would monobear still allow it since they aren't technically staying overnight? If that doesn't work then if Mikan leaves to go wake up Hinata and Kuzuryuu would the hospital be open for someone to sneak in?

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
I'm a bit confused on why it's impossible for Nanami to be the killer

It only appears that Gundam is here at first while Nanami just sort of pops in later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!

TKMobile posted:

and then beaten Hinata who had a running head start and she's not very athletic, to the motel

But she wasn't there when Hinata showed up. She only showed up in the middle of his conversation with Gundam.

• Locked thread