Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragonsroar
Mar 19, 2013
Uh... hey guys! I just bought an account both for the purposes of replying to the criticism on the roleplay I run on tumblr and because I don't think I can stand another paywall.

First, orenronen, thank you for taking the time to translate this game so we can have the pleasure of reading it! It's really great and I've had an awesome time talking about this game with my friends. I really appreciate it!

A little off topic but... On topic? Though I know you guys probably don't like my RP thing (dead end) I have going on, and I'm sorry if you find it badly written/obsessive/ect, I have no plan on stopping and I'm probably going to see this through until the other members get tired.

SDRDE is something I created in my free time to do with some friends. We really like Dangan Ronpa and SDR2, so we thought it would be cool to do our own version! I gathered up a couple friends and then instigated the application process to make sure people who join are able to contribute artwork and the such, as each character will be running their own blogs where they will reply to the situations.

As some people brought up, yeah, my "all powerful control" at this point in time is pretty ridiculous. But really, this is only in place right now so that all the introductions are "even" and only reveal so much of the character. After that, it'll function mostly like a free-reign roleplay, where I'll post Monobear's actions and the other characters will reply to them on their blogs, I'll compile them, and post them on the main blog. This format was decided upon by me because I have many friends who were interested in reading the RP in a linear fashion rather than having to sift through blogs, and then I got the idea to just make it seem like a LP to go the extra mile.

If you think the writing is bad, I'm sorry! I'm no great writer, and I'm doing my best. All I can say is the characters are all pretty interesting to me, and I'm only divulging so much on purpose.

I've read Dangan Ronpa three times to try to master the themes and such, so I'm going to try my best. I'm sorry if you guys have a problem with that, and I'm very open to criticism regarding it. If I'm doing something wrong, then I'm doing something wrong and it needs to be fixed.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I apologize for any turmoil my RP may have caused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonsroar
Mar 19, 2013

slowbeef posted:

^^^ Nah, who cares, this thread hit rock bottom a long time ago.

Hi serious question!

Do you even care that VoidBurger and I made fun of it? Like, did you find any humor in it? Did you think it was mean-spirited?

Not really! I didn't really read through all of it, but from what I saw it was just another "lets analyze this thing and make some commentary". I did find it quite funny at some points! I also didn't find it mean spirited, even if you do find my RP deal ridiculous, it didn't come off as "hostile" to me.

dragonsroar
Mar 19, 2013

Requested_Username posted:

Just by the way tumblr dude, I hope I'm not putting words in slowbeef's mouth or anything, but nobody here seriously dislikes what you're doing or wants you to stop. We're just all having a good laugh at Internet things.

Thanks! I didn't think so. When I find some ridiculous fanwork on the internet, I usually end up doing the same thing, so no hard feelings! If you guys would like to continue with your "lets play super dangan ronpa: dead end" thing, feel free :)

Right now SDRDE is pretty bland and lame, I'll admit, I made an absolutely boring "main character" who doesn't have much more to say than "everyone is nuts...", but hopefully once it gets into the swing of the plot and the first trial, we'll be able to redeem ourselves in regards to plot : ) If not, feel free to send any opinions at any time! Thanks, everyone!

dragonsroar
Mar 19, 2013
You know, before reading these in depth speculation posts, I really wouldn't even have considered Hanamura, but I'm quickly becoming convinced. I was honestly suspicious of Souda simply on the basis of "who else would have come up with creating a blackout in that fashion", but that's all I have.

But anyway with something more constructive, now that I have an account, I hope I'm allowed to share SDR2 fanart that I've created! Here's a picture of Peko I doodled quickly last month:

dragonsroar
Mar 19, 2013
I'm kind of doubting Nagito had anything to do with the murder, he seems to be portrayed as a pretty primary character so far and offing him quickly I think would cause for some concern...? I mean, that might be the point but that would leave a big plot hole of "Why was he portrayed as such a main character?" I suppose that could go hand in hand with "diminishing all hope" by killing the character that was friendliest to Nagito (and was also the first student he met), but that would be pretty suspicious in my opinion.

Krinkle posted:

Wait, so twenty pages back or whenever DR:Dead End came up. The main character is SHSL Hope, but they were too despondent to open their acceptance letter for a week while it sat on the table pushing them into a depressive spiral about the perceived rejection contained within it? Just checking, go back to pretending it never existed.

Am I allowed to answer this...? This is actually suppose to be your first hint that the main character's title may be incorrect. Sorry that my poor writing doesn't communicate that very well :(

Tesseraction posted:

drat, good stuff. It was hard to tell with your Roleplay artwork how good you were but this kind of artwork is pretty impressive. Since you're now one of us (one of us, one of us) by all means start posting in the artist's thread for daily doodles for critique and suggestions since you've got the talent.

Thanks! That's a really useful thread, I'll be sure to check it out later, and post any SDR2 doodles I may have in the future.

dragonsroar
Mar 19, 2013
Just a small bit to throw into the discussion, but if Nagito is SHSL luck and he's been playing off that to perfect his murder, wouldn't him being discovered as murderer break his "luck"?

Also, a Gundam i drew today. he is seriously growing on me.

dragonsroar
Mar 19, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I... that Gundam drawing

That's amazing. How long did it take to do?

Around one and a half hours. Thank you!

Neeksy posted:

Dang! Good job with that. Like the ocular occlusion effect as well.

(My only note is that anatomically, ears are usually the same vertical location as the nose.)

Thanks! I always have trouble with ears, so your input is VERY much appreciated. I'll definitely do some studies, thank you very much!

dragonsroar
Mar 19, 2013

tiistai posted:

Compared to the face, the clothes are a bit blocky and the ear is off, but man I'm jealous of your rendering skills.

It's a small picture for that kind of detail, though. Is that the original size?

Thank you for the critique, I'll practice more on flowing clothing. I was actually pretty concerned about his scarf's unnaturalness!

And yeah that's the original size, it was just a side-doodle between some other things i had to draw so i didn't want it to take too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonsroar
Mar 19, 2013
I was doubtful about Hanamura being the culprit, but it looks like it actually was him. I don't think the game could throw us for another loop.... (Or could it?)
Also, Gundam's little animation sequence was absolutely adorable. Gotta love that guy.

RedMagus posted:

roar, do you have like a website or something? I want to share this but give you credit where credit is really drat well due!
My artblog is here, but it's okay to just credit me as dragonsroar from the Something Awful forums. Credit isn't that big of a deal to me, just as long as people aren't saying my stuff is theirs haha.

Lastly, here's a quick and messy paint of Ibuki I did today for practice... She's been so funny in the recent trials that I had to draw her.

Also I heard remarks of my art not seeming too "spoiler-y", but I promise I know absolutely nothing about the rest of sdr2 aside from the updates in this thread. I've seriously been avoiding spoilers like the plague, so any similarities between potential spoilers and my art is completely coincidental.

• Locked thread