Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Just saw this, i'm lost for words so this is all i'm gonna say.

HE FUCKIN POSED AFTER CUTTING THE KAIJU IN HALF!WHAT MORE COULD I WANT?

This movie man....God if I was 8 years old again. It's like an episode of Power Rangers/Evangelion come to life without the bullshit surrounding it. Give this man the Godzilla movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Because it's interesting to talk about what a film means and boring as gently caress to gush over cool moments forever.

Interesting? I really wish they'd just nuke this thread because it's been trolled to hell anyway. We're never gonna talk about actual thoughts on the movie again or possible sequels or behind the scenes or the toys because its buried in pseudo-intellectual garbage talk.

RBX fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 27, 2013

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Plus its a busy time there's Grown Ups 2, Despicable Me 2, The Conjuring, Wolverine, and Smurfs 2 coming next week.

I guess Pacific Rim doesn't have the clout the rest do and kids have a lot of options for movies with known/favorite characters.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Jet Jaguar posted:

I was at a party tonight and talked to three or four people who wanted to see the movie but haven't been able to yet.

Was starting to worry that repeat viewing audience wouldn't be enough, but I think there's a huge market that is untapped at the moment. Could be a sleeper hit on DVD, maybe? I know I've debated about buying a 3D TV just to watch it on 3D Blu-Ray.

They already took it out most theaters around me, I'm thinking the DVD will be huge. I still feel like a lot of this is being mishandled.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What the gently caress is this thread.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Sarkozymandias posted:

Pretty sure the likes of SMG and Krangdar have never told anyone not to talk about toys or posters. Toychatters are pretty threatened by people talking about anything else, however. A lot of projection there, I think. "You WANT me to feel guilty? You WANT me to be aroused? With boners? Joke is on you, Freud. Boners are for grown-ups!"

Get your head out your rear end. Nobody is scared of anybody, its the internet, but whats the use of posting about anything when it's gonna be buried in an autism central contest to out do the other in paragraphs about nothing anybody cares about and SMG trolling the thread and somehow people still respond to him like he's gonna magically stop posting when its obvious CineD is his life. What the gently caress does any of this have to do with Pacific Rim? Just nuke the thread and move on.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Pacific Rim - Not interesting and shallow and for manchildren but gets hundreds of pages and paragraphs anyway

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=86303

gently caress yeah. They even got little Mako on the cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

suddenlyissoon posted:

I still just can't figure out why if Gypsy had a sword the whole time, why it wasn't used earlier in the movie.

Have you ever watched Power Rangers?

• Locked thread