Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

A USS Enterprise appears.
USS Enterprise uses 'Phaser Barrage'.
Its super effective.

Zzulu posted:

I like that they called them "Jaeger" instead of just "Hunter". German words on machinery always fits

Also I hope at least at one point we get to see the Jaegers fire a mecha-sized gun at a monster :allears:

I saw a sizzle reel(maybe right term?) for the effects company or a company invoked with the film and it showed one of them firing missiles out its forearm so a mecha sized machine gun seems likely unless its built into the arm instead.

although if they also have weaponry built to size like the armored core series that would be totally bad rear end.

Agamembar fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Dec 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

Its super effective.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Just start with Eureka Seven (all-around best mecha show in the last 5-10 years), GaoGaiGar (awesome throwback to the 70s/80s), or The Big O (imagine the 90s batman animated series but with GIANT FUCKIN' ROBOTS).

Also depending on how much super robot/Monster of the week action you want

Check out Star Driver which was Flamboyantly Super Robot amazing action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYQb_hfsq7Q
Heroic Age for a super robot/monster vs space opera space fleet setting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN3Wd-NGyOg
and last and should probably be first really... Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVb8nKj6iYo)which is the monster vs monster vs bigger monster animation of all time. The last fight is mind boggling in scale and I'll say no more.

Agamembar fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 14, 2012

Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

Its super effective.

Zzulu posted:

So since the portal is on the bottom of the ocean floor I assume these robots will go to the ocean floor, possibly to punch monsters down there??

Or into the monster dimension, the voice over in the trailer mentions a 'them' a lot. 'They' thought humanity would hide and give up so either the monsters are smarter than you would first guess or other dimension aliens are controlling/sending them over.

Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

Its super effective.
Not sure if this got posted already but here's a newish trailer, a bit of different footage including what looks like liquid filled combat suits/helmets, more of the pilots and some more of the Jaeger Vs Kaiju combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krbWBs0x5eQ

Also that bit at 1:17 is awesome looking.

Agamembar fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 10, 2013

Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

Its super effective.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And supposedly we haven't seen the two last jaegers: Diablo Intercept and Tacit Ronin

This movie is gonna kick so much rear end :allears:

Diablo Intercept and Tacit Ronin? Those are such awesome names I don't know how the Jaeger designs are going to live up to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

Its super effective.

Wax Dynasty posted:

Yeah, that stuck out to me as well, the scale seems off. Although looking at it again, it appears to be a much smaller, older freight ship rather than an oil supertanker or container ship.

Now that you point it out I can't un-see it, maybe its the camera angle?

some weird focusing effect unless its a like a big model of a ship or something.

• Locked thread