Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

timb posted:

Camera+ - Tons of camera enhancements in this app. Separate focal and exposure points, always on lighting option, gyroscope based leveling

I used to use Camera+ exclusively for all my iPhone picture taking needs until I got Snapseed on sale one day.

I haven't used Camera+ since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is there any way to change the default weather app without jailbreaking? I just downloaded Yahoo Weather a couple nights ago and I love it, and it'd be cool if it was in my notification center instead of the stock one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Autumncomet posted:

:siren:The Yahoo! Weather app has a new icon:siren: It is now officially the best iOS weather app. :allears:

It's so pretty! What would make it perfect is if it had a badge icon that refreshed itself every 15 minutes or so. It'd probably rape my battery, but I don't care. I :love: that app.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Batman posted:

Looks like Solar is free today.

Woah, this app's really cool. Even cooler than Yahoo Weather, methinks. Thanks for the tip!

I wish I could set its default view as my phone's lockscreen :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FlashBangBob posted:

Click the Home + Lock buttons at the same time to take a screenshot of whatever is on your screen. The image goes into your camera roll.

You can then use that to set it to your home screen or whatever.

Getting data on your lock screen, however, is no go. That is just to get the image if you dig the image.

Yeah, I meant having the app be the lockscreen. Like have the data update itself so it's accurate every time I check my lockscreen.

Is that a jailbreak-only option? Or would it not even be possible with a jailbreak?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahahaha, just downloaded the new update for Yahoo Weather and it looks like they restored the original app icon. I guess enough people clamored for its return after the less than enthusiastic response to the new one :haw:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DarkJC posted:

They need to just ditch the idea of putting the Yahoo logo on there already. The purple is good enough. It would look loads better with just the cloud and the sun, but I agree that this icon is the best one of all of them.

It also looks very similar to the iOS 7 weather icon.

The app used to just show up as "Weather" too, which was pretty funny right next to the stock weather app before I moved that one into my "Unused" folder. Now Yahoo Weather shows up as "Weather•". Or maybe it's "Weather®"? Whatever it is is really small so I can't tell. But either way, I know which app it is just looking at the icon.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I never got badges on the Facebook app denoting people liking any of my stuff before...oh, I guess it was the most recent update. I like it because it never used to alert me to that stuff in any way and I'd just end up seeing it lumped in my notifications along with other sorts of activity :shobon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Text them or talk to them over the phone and don't read Facebook?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Djarum posted:

Anyone else having issues with the new version of the Facebook app? It is showing as all grey and not downloading. I can't go back to previous version either.
Yeah I've got the update showing as being available, but when I try to update it from the App Store, it says it can't be downloaded at this time. If you just hit "Done", the app is all grey and it might be unusable too? (Not sure about that part.) So you have to hit "Done" and then press the Stop button inside the progress wheel for it to return to its regular look.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Spikey Willow posted:

I had the same issue with the FB app update. It should be working now.

Just tried and yep, it worked that time.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The individual stories look like they take up way too much of the screen. I mean, I guess that's the whole point but I like the way the Facebook app flows now. Could it work better? gently caress yeah it could, but I probably won't jump ship for Paper. Neat concept, though, and I'm sure a lot of people will dig it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

On my first use of Paper, I actually think I might like it more than the Facebook app :stare: This is a surprise.

Is your Facebook feed automatically sorted by Most Recent in Paper? Because if it is, I'm uninstalling the Facebook app and never going back.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

tuyop posted:

Anyone in Canada able to load this in the App Store? Searching for Paper just gets me paper toss and its clones.
I searched "Paper" at first and only stupid games came up. Then I searched "Paper for Facebook" and it was the first result that came up.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

serebralassazin posted:

I think it puts recent post first. The app is pretty nice. I already trashed the Facebook one.
gently caress yes. Bye forever official Facebook app!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vintimus Prime posted:

I really like the Paper app, but I don't think my feed is sorting by Most Recent. Is there anyway to change this? So far, I am striking out.
If you load it after being away from it for a while, it'll refresh itself and you'll have to click the number on the left which will take you all the way to the most recent story and then you can scroll right from there.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Neurophonic posted:

Has anybody figured out how to stop Paper making that horrendous pop noise when you click like on something?
Put your phone on silent :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:stare:

Wouldn't an x.0 release be a major release and, as such, should include a lot more than bug fixes?

It makes sense for Messenger to do that since it's version 3.2, but unless they're some pretty massive bug fixes, it doesn't seem like that should be enough for the next major numbered version...

Of course, this is the official Facebook app in question and it's always been pretty screwy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The rear end Stooge posted:

Imgur's mobile site does this and it works pretty well.
Imgur has an app now that works just as well.

There's also Picup which uploads pics to Imgur and gives you links, but since the official Imgur app was released, I had no more use for Picup so I deleted it and never used it again. But it always worked well for me before the Imgur app came along.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just started using Twitter again earlier this month and started out using the stock app, which was alright but kind of annoying for everyday use. Then I remembered I had bought Echofon Pro years ago because it had been great back then, so I reinstalled that and the newest version sucked. I bought Tweetbot after reading some reviews and it's easily the best Twitter app I've ever seen and it's been great for the past couple weeks that I've been using it. I don't think I could ever go back to any other app after this.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I used Paper religiously for a couple days right after it came out before I figured out it wasn't sorting by Most Recent and I saw no option to. Then I uninstalled it and went back to the regular Facebook app and never used Paper again.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

UncleBlazer posted:

What's the best twitter app for iPad and iPhone? Tweetbot seems to be the winner but I've seen twitterrific mentioned a bit in this thread.
I tried using the official app, Twitterific, Echofon and I think a couple others too. I guess they each do one thing well but I couldn't stand using any one of them for everything Twitter-related. Then I got Tweetbot and I haven't looked back. I can't imagine using anything else now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Disappointing Pie posted:

The last post in this thread's been messing up for me all day.
The forums went down earlier today and it was doing it for me after that until somebody made a new post in this thread. Now it's fine.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

How do you go about enabling widgets? I have Yahoo Weather installed but I'm not seeing anything like that in my notification center. It's not the prettiest, but I would very much like a graphical weather view in my notification center.

e: Oh wait, you just hit Edit in notification center. Wow, that's pretty easy and cool.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

rear end Catchcum posted:

I'm not seeing how to add weather to my notifications/lock screen. There's an edit button but weather isn't listed there. Any help?
Stock weather app should load by default. I think it's part of the Today Summary. If you want something graphical, install the Yahoo Weather app (it's free), then go to Edit and add Weather! to the list of stuff to include.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm trying SwiftKey for the first time and it's actually pretty fast :stare: Once it learns all my habits, this will probably be fast as gently caress.

Thank You Based iOS8!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Feenix posted:

So with ios8 now allowing you to have other apps give you Notification Center widgets is it feasible that one day Weather Underground app might be able to do that so I could have weather that wasn't a total farce?
I'm desperately hoping someone updates their weather app to include a widget with a sleek design because Yahoo Weather sure as hell ain't that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

japtor posted:

I use nPlayer, looks kinda funky but works well once you actually start using it, and a lot of the controls are customizable. And if you happen to have a HDHomeRun it can steam live TV straight from those too.
No way :stare: I've had an HDHomeRun for like a year and a half and have never had an app that let me watch TV on my iPhone before...

Looks like I know what my next $5 is gonna be spent on!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

japtor posted:

Well it does but it might vary by device, like I don't know if the older ones advertise their network steams or whatever like the Prime one I have (and even more clueless about the newer ones). And with the Prime there's always the chance of cable DRM shenanigans blocking the stream. Luckily in my case only premium movie channels (which I'm not even subscribed to) have protection.
I have the HDHomeRun Prime and it worked fine for me when I tried it earlier :) Thanks for the tip because I'd never heard of nPlayer before!

So to get this to let me watch videos from my computer, all I'd have to do is run PS3 Media Server or a similar app on my PC, correct? Or is it more difficult than that?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So to get this to let me watch videos from my computer, all I'd have to do is run PS3 Media Server or a similar app on my PC, correct? Or is it more difficult than that?
poo poo, I'm trying this out now and watching a movie I had on my computer and it looks great and sounds great with the 6's speaker :stare:

This is gonna be so rad for when I'm in the kitchen cooking/eating. I just need to get a stand for my phone so I can keep it in landscape mode.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Feenix posted:

Nice! Weather Underground got an update just now that has widget support.
Just installed it. The widget isn't particularly attractive :( I think I'd still prefer to use the Yahoo Weather one over this.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just looked at Forecast+ in the App Store. I'm not paying a dollar for it if its weather data is consistently incorrect, but yeah, that is exactly how all weather app widgets should look. Goddamnit, why couldn't Apple have just made the stock weather app have a widget that looked like that? I don't want a tiny picture of a cloud and like 2 lines of text. I want a nice clean graphical view that's big but not too big. You know, kind of like what iOS6 had :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

tuyop posted:

Man, you guys care about the weather a lot.
I just want to be able to swipe down and see it presented neatly like I used to be able to 2 years ago and 2 iPhones ago :haw:

• Locked thread