Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triad
Jan 6, 2007

YOU KNEADED SOMEONE TO BLAME, SO YOU CRUST IT ON ME
Question for all you boulder-ers out there.

I've been plateauing pretty hard for the past 3 months at V5/6s, and I just can't seem to get past it. I've managed a few V5s one V6 before I had to take a couple weeks off for work. Coming back I found that I was struggling with V5s, and even some 4s, and I really haven't been able to move past it.

I hit a similar slump around V3 a year back, but that was mostly a strength issue and I was able to just power through it by incorporating a pullup board routine at the end of each climb, just to make sure I was working out all the right muscle groups. I haven't been able to find the solution this time, though. I feel like a lot of the problem is just learning how to shift my weight around so I don't wreck my fingers with each movement, but I have no idea what sort of routine I can get into to help me with that. I find myself having to make far more dynamic movements than other people on the wall, and I just tire myself out halfway through a tough problem.

Does anyone have any good techniques or work outs that worked for them that I might be able to use to get over this hump? Any advice appreciated!

VVVVVV I'll give that a try, thanks! :):hf::)

triad fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU