Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Just started climbing a month ago and had a few questions for you guys. My belay buddy is way better/more experienced but I've already bugged him a lot about gear.

I keep losing skin/getting flappers on only my pinkies, but never any other fingers. Am I just grabbing stuff really funky? Is it because I'm really not using chalk? Are my residual callouses on the other fingers just better than I realized?

Also all the cool pics earlier in the thread have convinced me I need to go outside. Anybody got any good online references for climbing in the Ozarks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
So I'm just getting in to the 5.8 range at my gym, and its the land of hard horizontal pulls. Anybody have any good tips for practicing for those or just the standard advice of climb more?

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
I'll try and get a pic of the one that wraps around a corner with a hard pull on a sloper marked 5.8

According to the guy I climb with our gym is super underrated on almost all the routes, but I have nothing to compare to.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Well, just did my first comp today. I climbed like crap because I think I was too wound up about "oh my God gotta do well for the comp" but it was super fun. Got like 5 new projects at the gym now.

Also got a free shirt and a bag, totally worth it.