Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Guys, guys.... I went rock climbing for the first time on Saturday and... I had all the fun, like every single bit of it. I was there for three hours and would have stayed longer had my friend not wanted to leave the gym. I'm already itching to get back and am considering buying a membership for the year. It's one of those activities I wished I would have started a decade ago!

I managed to get up all the routes I tried up to a 5-11 difficulty thing (cheated a tiny bit by grabbing on to some easier trail stuff on the side), only fell once. Coming down was sort of awkward at first, but some dude saw me coming down and gave me some advice and then I was swat repelling the rest of the day. Thanks for the thread too, made the first time easier!

French Canadian posted:

It's kind of weird but it definitely stretches that region pretty well if you're delicate about it. It's also amusing to imagine people reading this post and doing it at their computer.

Totally just did this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Is it just because of the smaller hand holds and the more vertical nature that increases that difficulty stuff?