Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'd be down to join, if the CO bouldering goons have convinced me to leave the gym and go outside by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

gamera009 posted:

Outside is safer and easier than indoors. Outside, everything is on (except at Flagstaff) and everyone is a lot safer and in safety megamode.

All of these points only hurt your case.

P.S. Bud Manstrong and I will be at DBC tonight, then again on Wednesday (along with deong). Join us.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

turevidar posted:

Hey CO goons, I might be interviewing for a job in Denver. What do people go for bouldering? I'm assuming everything is snowed in - would I be able to hike around and check things out at least?

There's a handful of us that climb a few times a week at Denver Bouldering Club. Sprowzek climbs at Movement because he likes ropes and/or doesn't like the rest of us.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

spwrozek posted:

I like you guys, just ropes are so much better than bouldering. I also took 6 weeks off and I am just getting back into it. Still leading 11a at least.

It's okay. We don't really like you that much.

Also, I spent a solid 10min repeatedly falling off a kid's problem last night while Bud Manstrong and deong laughed at me.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm the white guy with a beard and sleeved arms. So I am everyone at DBC.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^says you. I love when a regular move for my friends is a dynamo for me.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I've imagined falling and hitting my face like that a bunch of times (and have fallen off that exact route multiple times thanks to the awesome feet), so it was definitely scary when you said, "I think I bit off a piece of my tongue." Heal up, buddy.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Checking to see if you'd broken any teeth made me seriously consider climbing in a mouth guard. Cracking my jaw and loving up a bunch of teeth is my nightmare and you brought it into the climbing gym!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

spwrozek posted:

I know a really good dentist... :)

I mean, you've been in my mouth, so why not your girlfriend too?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

gamera009 posted:

I wasn't exactly functioning at 100%, so no. :ohdear:

In my defense, the deskie wasn't exactly running over to help from what I recall. I don't think she was even aware until someone I was with let her know I'd been injured.

I've seen her be quick to respond to two other falls in the past. Honestly, I don't think she really understood how hard you fell (otherwise you would have had to fill out an injury report). We were all pretty low key about it and there wasn't much to tip her off until someone went over asking about ice. I'll probably climb tomorrow, so I'll see if anything has changed around that route.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

deong posted:

Or you could just grow your fu manchu already.

gamera might be the only person I know who's less capable of growing facial hair than you

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

spwrozek posted:

Looks like I am going to bail on movement Denver and head to earth treks. Way way way out of my way. But movement thinks it is OK to raise prices 12% and not email a single person who pays it monthly with automatic withdrawal. I guess they put a little sign out... What a joke.

You spelled DBC wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Go climb today because Jesus died for your sends