Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Started bouldering at a gym at the end of November and loving it so far. Very fun whether with friends or solo, so I've been going three times a week most weeks. Seems like my hand skin has toughened up enough not to draw blood now, so that's great.

Thinking about buying personal shoes now. Seems like the brands sold in local stores (Rock Pillars, Saltic, TRIOP, Zamberlan) are mainly sold in Eastern Europe so kinda hard for me to find reviews. Maybe I should just grab the Mad Rock Drifter's that the gym sells...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

The only bouldering gym in Estonia charges 45€ a month.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Here to join the "my finger hurts" club, middle finger on the right hand near the AC2. Hurts a bit when I press on the tip and more when pressing near the AC2. Sucks :( But I suppose I had something coming after 8 pretty consistent months of bouldering 2-3 times a week.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

loving hell, got to the gym, did some warm-ups and traversing and easy routes for like 20 minutes and then after a few tries on a route I hadn't done before... hosed up my left ring finger. Actually heard a "cronch" sound :gonk:

So yeah, feels like the same kind of injury I had in late July on the middle finger of my right hand, some form of AC2 tendon tearing.

Just so bummed now, needed to air out my feelings somewhere. Hard to miss out on feeding this bouldering addiction of mine!

(I should try and lose some excess fat to put less weight on my poor fingers)

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

My main fear with "lemme climb and just not use this one broken finger" is that I'll still reflexively use it if I feel like I'm slipping or whatever and that's so so dangerous.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

The only bouldering gym in my town - well, in the entire country - closed down today, so I'm here to pour out some sadness.
They're trying to re-open a "pop-up wall" late May, so it could be worse, but their estimate for a proper reopening at a new location is for September 2020 :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Syncopated posted:

In the country?? where you at

Estonia.
The place was popular, the issue was apparently with the landlords being huge jerks (that part was covered in local media even)
C-SPAM was right