Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
So I climbed today for the first time in six months, and I think for the fourth time ever. Totally stoked about finishing a V3 for the first time. I've always been really interested in it, but due to living in North Dakota and having a really limited schedule I haven't been able to manage it. This has changed! I found an indoor gym in my city (the only one within 200 miles, by the way) and I plan on going there regularly when I get home from vacation. Now, I've only done bouldering thus far, but the gym that I plan on going to is belay only. What sort of stuff do I need to buy for this, or is it typically provided? In that same vein of questioning, is there a good place to buy stuff that will help with sizing? I don't have weird shaped feet, but every time I've gone climbing, I have to get a different sized rental shoe.

I'm also buying that book that someone suggested earlier in the thread, looks like a good read, even if a lot of it won't be accessible to me just yet.

gently caress, I can't wait to fly home and climb again, I'm in love :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Thanks! I did some research online and they do offer a belay class next Thursday. I'm very likely going to drag my room mate along on my adventures, since he's my "normal" gym partner anyway.