Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
I am pretty new to rock climbing, just started in February this year. But my friends and I really love it, and we probably go to the rock gym 3-5 times a week, depending on our schedules and stuff. Are there any exercises or things I could do at home/on days I don't climb to help improve? I'm starting to hit some 10Bs :toot: but would like to continue improving. Preferably nothing requiring too much equipment. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

What are some good sites to research climbing shoes? I bought a pair of La Sportiva Tarantulace when I started climbing, but a) they need to be resoled and I'd like to keep climbing in the meantime and b) I'd like to get some shoes that are more technical/aggressive. Advice? Price is a secondary issue at most here. Thanks!

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I'm visiting a friend in Denver next weekend and doing my first ever outdoor climbing. Very excited :)

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone have any suggestions for, like, shoulder strengthening exercises? I took a weird fall yesterday and twisted something in my shoulder; this is the third time I've done that this year. The injury is nothing major and I'll only be out of commission for like a week, but it's annoying. And since it keeps happening I assume there's some underlying issue. I have access to a full set of weights and stuff at my gym so go nuts on any recommendations.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

So I haven't really done anything new, hard or crimpy recently, but for the last few weeks the joint between the first and second knuckle of my middle finger has been a little bit sore. Nothing severe or really even noticeable unless I'm making a fist or something. But as I said, it hasn't gone away for a few weeks (but it hasn't gotten worse at least!) -- should I stop climbing for while? I really don't want to but I also don't want to make things worse, but I've only been climbing since February. Thanks!