Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Anyone got any advice for removing small folds in the liner fabric of shoes? I got a new pair of 5.10 Dragons a few days ago and they've developed a really irritating fold right on one of my big toes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

French Canadian posted:

Try getting a warranty replacement first before you go messing with them!

That's what I was thinking but I was hoping that there was something simple to avoid the RMA.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

French Canadian posted:

The RMA ought to be simple :/

Took them back to the store yesterday and they replaced them pretty much instantly. The only downside is that I now have to start breaking in an entirely new pair.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

I found a bouldering area recently that has some anchor points at the top of some of the routes. Would it be a terrible idea to use one of the shorter boulders to teach someone how to clean the top of a route?

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

turevidar posted:

Your gym probably has screw-in hangars that the setters use to hang gear or put in temporary directionals. Ask nicely if you can use a pair for 20 minutes and teach your friend on the ground.

Thanks, I did this on Tuesday night before heading out to the bouldering area last night and practicing off the ground (the gym wouldn't let us mount them higher up which is completely understandable). It was also pretty cool to be able to take photos from half way up some of the taller boulders. I'll post some when I remember to copy them off the camera.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Business of Ferrets posted:

Speaking of flappers, ever wonder what might happen when your feet blow while in a finger crack?

Also, do the found tips count as booty?

:nms: http://www.mountainproject.com/v/accident-report---indian-creek/112133717?sf48664390=1:nms:

:allbuttons:

Holy gently caress.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

TheDon01 posted:

Thanks! I just kinda freehanded it. Roughly followed these instructions.
http://www.climbing.com/skills/how-to-make-chalk-bag

That chalk bag is fantastic.

Thanks for the link, I might have to get some awesome fabrics and learn to use a sewing machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Yet another Black Diamond April Fools joke that I'll be buyin myself...

https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en/honnold_spatula_landing.html