Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Sounds like inflammation to me. Maybe a tendon involved and that's "popping" as it moves over something that interferes because it or something next to it is swollen? My experience with that sort of thing boils down to resting and for longer than I want/think I need to. Have you tried NSAIDs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I wear contacts climbing all the time and it's fine. I carry a little bottle of eye drops in case I ever get a bunch of chalk in there but I've never needed it.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I've messed up my fingers a few times, but fortunately not seriously. I use the taping technique in this sorta crappy video to this day on my weaker fingers even though I'm healed up. It was immediately apparent that it was helping out when I first started using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0hl8cT4OeM

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

If something lasting more than a day or two involves a nerve you should get it looked at rather than waiting it out. In certain circumstances you risk long-term damage if there's something impinging on a nerve. Not very likely but not worth what you risk. At least call your doctor and describe your symptoms. Have you tried the usual stuff to address inflamation? It could just be something is swollen and pushing on a nerve a little.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

My only elbow injury was a tendon thing playing hockey with no nerve involvement. All I can say is that it's a complicated joint with a lot of stuff going through a small space, so things can take a long time to heal and be hard to diagnose. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I don't know what the gyms in Germany are like, but in the DC area in the US membership rates run from about $65 a month to $89 depending on location. Besides the lead, top route, and bouldering climbing they include workout facilities like a regular fitness gym, so it doesn't seem bad to me. Cheaper Expensive