Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evensevenone
May 12, 2001
Glass is a solid.
Also, different people have different motivations. If she's having fun by her standards, it's not really up to you to make sure she's also having fun by your standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evensevenone
May 12, 2001
Glass is a solid.

lime rind posted:

Another bouldering question: How can I be less afraid of falling for high heights? I feel like I'm going to sprain something. I've watched this video, but when I get higher than my own height I feel like nothing can save me. Is there anything I can start doing to help me feel more comfortable when I'm up higher?

I can only offer advice based on being in gyms with nice continuous floors, but what I make sure to do is whenever I jump off intentionally, I always land on my feet with my knees ready to bend, tuck my arms into my sides, and roll onto my back. That way when I fall unexpectedly, that's the motion my body is going to try to do rather than flailing around or sticking an arm out. After you've fallen a few times you stop worrying about it as well. And when you're higher up, you have a surprising amount of time to twist around.

Outside things might be a little different since you have spotters and you need to land on your pad, but the same concepts of keeping your arms and rolling apply.