Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

modig
Aug 20, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

Do we have a slackline thread around here anywhere?

I doubt we have a dedicated thread. I've got a rarely used slackline disassembled in my garage from before the 2inch wide ones with winches were widely available. Never got far beyond just being able to walk back and forth, though I'd love to do a highline (with protection!) someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

modig
Aug 20, 2002

big scary monsters posted:

That one is definitely better. Alex Honnold is so amazing. :swoon:

I totally thought you were hinting at a Honnold Cameo :(

modig
Aug 20, 2002

gamera009 posted:

Shoot a PM. I can take you up to Satellites or if you're game for sport, anywhere in Boulder Canyon.

Dude he's a boulderer, you can only go to the canyon for The Game.

I have two pretty nice bouldering guidebooks for the area, one for the front range in general, and one for Mt Evan and RMNP (these are both of the drive 1-2 hours + hike 1-2 hours variety). Shoot me a PM if you're interested in borrowing.

modig
Aug 20, 2002

guppy posted:

The next step is basically just to do it more. You will use your arms less and less as you get more practiced at it, but for now you are probably death gripping everything and it will wear you out quickly.

Just climb. Do whatever seems fun and safe. Make some climbing friends. The range of both of those will expand quite a bit if you climb regularly for a while.

modig
Aug 20, 2002

gamera009 posted:

Out at Satellites with spwrozek and nifty. Good times.

Nobody fell in the Death Hole.

Still was hoping they would send OG. :v:

Livestreaming goons bouldering.

Sounds sweet.

modig
Aug 20, 2002

Puseklepp posted:

For indoor bouldering, how many warmup climbs do people do before attacking the problem route of the day?

When I was working (gym) V5-V7 regularly I would usually try to do 1-2 each of v0-v4, with attempted down climbs.

modig
Aug 20, 2002
Suicide Watch, your friend is almost certainly violating the terms of his/her pro-deal, and you are amplifying it. I recommend deleting your post.

modig
Aug 20, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

modig
Aug 20, 2002

Bud Manstrong posted:

Clear Creek Canyon and Boulder Canyon have exactly what you're looking for. If you can possibly get away on a weekday, I'd do that; both areas are slam packed on warm weekends. There are a few other areas that might provide a little relief from the crowds: Staunton State Park and Devil's Head come to mind.

I'm old and broken, so maybe things have changed in the last year of me not climbing. But back in my day, if you showed up by 8am or so you can be there before the crowds even in the canyons you mentioned. My goto spots for 10-12a sport would be Avalon (Boulder Canyon) or Little Eiger (Clear Creek), or if you want to climb on the harder side of what you said Animal World (Boulder Canyon). Sorry I'm too lazy to do the MP links for you.