Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I got one move from the top of a 5.11a for the first time the other day and I'm super proud of myself for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

spwrozek posted:

Don't worry about gym grades. They are all arbitrary. Although I don't like rock n jam I do like that they grade bouldering easy (V0 - V2), medium (V2 - V5), hard (V5 - V8), expert (V8 - V??). Because really who cares, problems change once a month in the gym.

Just go try them and have fun.

Bouldering grades are especially bizarre to me. I can on-sight a 5.10c if I'm warmed up, and am working on 5.11a's right now, but anything in the bouldering area of our gym that isn't a v0 is just a nightmare that I can't even make the first move on.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have any advice for starting bouldering as a real tall fucker? I can knock out v2 if I cheat and start standing, but the starting holds from a sit down position put me in a spot where I cannot get any leverage whatsoever and can only start the babiest of v0 routes