Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Anyone climb at planet granite Sunnyvale looking for a buddy? Or somewhere else reasonably nearby I have a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Got to the top of my first 11a's yesterday (at my gym in Sunnyvale). Next time I should be able to do them clean. Still can't do the V3's on the bouldering wall.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

pokie posted:

Congrats! Oh hey, I go there virtually every day. I did my first v3 like a month ago :D. Have you tried their balance and technique bouldering class? That really got me to commit to improving my technique.

I'm also there rather regularly but haven't taken good advantage of the classes. If you want to meet up my gmail account is REDACTED!.

Meatbag Esq. fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 18, 2014

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

My projects are v3-v4 and I usually do 2 each of v0-v3, down climbing the easier ones, to warm up.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Planet granite had a climbing comp a couple weeks ago. After a few climbs I got bored of waiting in lines and busted out my camera. 600 photos later....

These were about 100 of the better ones.

https://www.dropbox.com/l/2VTkUzzpHKFfaqgmxBufir

Check out the bat hang in the men's finals route.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Ravenfood posted:

Looks fun as hell. What's the deal with what looks like a tandem climb? I've never seen that: you have to hold onto your partner's arm at all times?

Thanks for the pictures.

e: vvvv Goddamn that's cool.

For that problem the first and last moves had to be done attached. Those are photos of the start position (each person had to go up 1 hold while joined) after which each person could move up on their own. The final dyno had to be done by 1 partner for bonus raffle tickets!!!!

The route setters didn't complete it when they tried to give everyone a beta haha. And I think only a few groups made it past the starter holds (let alone to the start position off the ground) and only like 2 pairs completed it that day.

Edit: yeah just like the video.

Meatbag Esq. fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 4, 2015

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

ultimatemike posted:

Funny enough when I was there at lunch today a guy said "Nah it's way easier with one person" and just cruised up it with no effort.

I, too, complete "v10s" using rainbow holds.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

So I joined my gyms bouldering league in the v3-5 bracket but really I'm probably at the lower end of that spectrum. (Currently doing probly 80-90% of v3s and 30-40% of v4s). Any suggestions for training over the next few weeks so I'm not dragging down my team?

Either common skills worth developing in that range or even just basic training ideas would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Rock climbing blindfolded is hard. "Is this my hold?" "No - up and left." "Here?" "Left and down some." "This hold is no good. Where's the next one?" "Up."