Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
Its a promo shot, not a still from the film. So yeah, the background probably is a painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Mister J posted:

Everybody seems so drat sad in this movie. Wanna cheer Superman up.

(saw this elsewhere on Facebook)

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
Also, Batman just needs a hug. (awwww)

(From https://twitter.com/aliarikan/status/484743246439260160/photo/1)

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

jiffynuts posted:

(saw this elsewhere on Facebook)

They all float in Gotham.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Batman's clearly uncomfortable but also realizes he's helpless and has to endure Superman's clumsy groping.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Rocksicles posted:

This has got to be the worst thread on the whole forum.
And I had nothing to do with it!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

Batman's clearly uncomfortable but also realizes he's helpless and has to endure Superman's clumsy groping.

Batman is resigned to being Superman's novelty giant teddy bear.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So, I guess this is the DC movies thread?

Okay, so after they cast the Rock as Black Adam, DC have pretty much committed themselves to a Shazam movie as part of their cineamtic universe. So, regardless of if its a good movie or not, how can you even do that? The world they're making, for better or worse (all signs say worse, but whatever) is about a world with no real joy in heroism, just how its a high stakes fight you have to take up because the people who can do it are all that separates the world from destruction. How do you fit a 10 year old kid with magical powers into that?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

The world they're making, for better or worse (all signs say worse, but whatever) is about a world with no real joy in heroism

Nice meme bro.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

Okay, so after they cast the Rock as Black Adam, DC have pretty much committed themselves to a Shazam movie as part of their cineamtic universe. So, regardless of if its a good movie or not, how can you even do that? The world they're making, for better or worse (all signs say worse, but whatever) is about a world with no real joy in heroism, just how its a high stakes fight you have to take up because the people who can do it are all that separates the world from destruction. How do you fit a 10 year old kid with magical powers into that?

"Ugh, the Iron Man movies are farces, this means we can't have a serious action movie in the MCU."

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Fulchrum posted:

The world they're making, for better or worse (all signs say worse, but whatever) is about a world with no real joy in heroism

Lol. This is sure to go over well in this thread.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Check out Kingdom Come.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Or even more horrifically, Miracleman (now back in print with a hideous new coloring job!). They're not going to go that route because DC films aren't actually joyless but it can be done.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
There's a lot of ways you can do lighter stuff in the current DC universe. Superman's just not the guy to do it because he's a living bomb. He's Godzilla in a smaller frame.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

How do you fit a 10 year old kid with magical powers into that?

Make the movie about the horrors of onsetting puberty. So basically Raimi's Spider-Man, but less subtle.

Grendels Dad fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 20, 2014

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Or a coming of age story about what it means to save people.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I want them to make a lighter movie because I want to hear the whole theater piling out after it's done all screaming "but HOW can that fit in with BATMAN?! It doesn't make any SENSE!!!"

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Lobok posted:

I want them to make a lighter movie because I want to hear the whole theater piling out after it's done all screaming "but HOW can that fit in with BATMAN?! It doesn't make any SENSE!!!"

They'll do that right after crying "JOYLESS GRIMDARKNESS!!!" because young Billy Batson said a curse word.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Billy Batson and the Bullshit Stepdad

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Lobok posted:

Duh, his name is Billy Bat-son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lobok posted:

I don't know if Bruce Wayne has an American analogue anymore. Back when he was created you could say something like Rockefeller or Vanderbilt or Astor but are there any old money household name billionaire playboys anymore? There are a lot of old money playboys but none as rich/influential/famous as Wayne would be, and a lot of hotshot billionaires but they tend to be nerds and/or recently self-made, and the other richest people in the world besides those aren't American, like Carlos Slim or numerous Asian and Indian industrial magnates. The closest thing I can think of to Wayne was JFK Jr.
About half of the richest 40 people in America inherited holdings, so yes, there are. "Self-made men" are actually less of a force now than they were decades ago. The difference is in the society of the ultra-rich; John Mars doesn't want to be in the newspapers.

Grendels Dad posted:

Duh, his name is Billy Bat-son.
This actually just reminds me of Superman: Metropolis and Batman: Nosferatu, the Elseworlds books where Bruce Wayne is Bruss Wayne-son, becomes Nosferatu, clashes with The Superman, fights Lutor and his creation the Laughing Man, finally becomes director of Arkham Asylum and imprisons them in The Cabinet of Dr. Wayne-son.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 16, 2015

• Locked thread