Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Another chance at beating OYM, I'm in!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

• Money? Sure, $20 is a nice average number.
  • IDP? Definitely!! I like OYM's point system he uses, it's similar to the point system that I use.
  • PPR? I also prefer 0.5 PPR
  • How to separate Tier A and Tier B in first season?

quote:

Season performance of the entire Tier
Randomly split everyone into two tiers to start the season. At the end of the season, the Tier with the most Points For over the course of the entire season becomes Tier A. This seems more fair to me (the teams that would be most adversely affected, the top teams of the lower scoring Tier, get promoted at the end of the season anyway).

While I like it to be performance based and random, what if the best league in Tier B had most points overall...why should he be relegated to Tier B, when he was actually the highest scoring team. Couldn't we still take the top of both tiers, make it Tier A and still keep keepers? I don't see why not.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

Holy crap this is going to be hardcore and I cannot loving wait :3:

I'm with ya...I'm excited for it. I did a "goon" money league this year, that I'll probably drop for this one next year. I like the specific rules that will develop in this one. Plus Zypher and OYM really sound like they know what they are talking about, so when it's all hashed out, I think it will be solid!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

While I'm not totally against penalties for keepers, to generate more movement, I rather like not being able to keep your first round and every other round can be kept at a cost of -1 round. Unlimited amount, but only if they are a starter, cannot keep them if it means they will be on your bench.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

HiroProtagonist posted:

That seems kind of unenforceable in practical terms. I don't want the commish to head up the brute squad and have to check rosters every week to keep team managers in line.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? My suggestion is for determining keeper players, which is a 1 time practice, not an every week thing. If they are going to enforce a -1 round penalty, I don't see how making sure they weren't your first round pick being that difficult to manage? If you can only start 1 QB, I don't think you should be able to keep 2.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Mikey Purp posted:

I'm not sure I'm into this idea. Short of regular roster limits, I don't think there should be any other sort of restrictions as to how many players of a certain position you can keep. If you want to be an idiot and keep 2 or 3 QBs as bargaining chips for next season and suffer as a result, more power to you. I also like the idea of being able to keep your starting QB and a speculative rookie QB or

Fair point. I only suggested it to generate more movement. In other dynasty leagues I have seen or been in, it always seems that the same people stayed at the top, due to the players they kept every year. And my suggestions were to promote movement around top tiered players, instead of being dynasty to one team forever.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Voting for B as well.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Sent.

Prefer the Sunday, and if it changes to the 10/11 weekend, I'd prefer that. But can make the 3/4 weekend work if need be.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

My $.02 on IDP

I am a huge fan of IDP scoring. That being said, when introducing IDP scoring into a league, what is your goal? Which types of players do you want to reward more? Or do you want there to be balance. Preferably, I'd go with the more balanced approach. If you're going to reward 1 point per tackle, .5 per assist tackle, then your Sacks, INT and FF need to be worth more. I've been doing IDP for 5+ years to various degrees of scoring. I've done Goonball's insane scoring of 1.5 per tackle and 1 for assists, with 4 per INT and 4 for sacks. That's a bit much for me, so I've always favored the following scoring system for IDP.

Tackles - 1
Asst Tackles - .5
Sack - 3
Interception - 3
Force Fumble - 2
Fumble Recovery - 2
Pass Defense - 2
TDs - 6
Blocked Kick - 2
Safety - 2

Really, just the additional point for sacks, INT and pass defense make quite the difference in balancing out LB vs DB vs DE. And it also makes the elite LBs who can "do it all" stand out as well. Which is what you want.

Edit: This will put the elite Defensive players around the 170 - 180ish mark for end of year scoring.

Boywunda fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 15, 2013

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Diqnol posted:

League I'm in that is super IDP heavy has the following scoring:

Each Sack (SK) 2.3
Total Tackles (TK) 1.7
Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 1
Each Interception (INT) 3
Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 3
Each Fumble Forced (FF) 2
Each Safety (SF) 5
Passes Defensed (PD) 1.7

I think it's fairly balanced myself but will do whatever the group wants. I'm not sure how they came to these figures.

That seems like a really good balance actually. I'd like to try that myself. It really is telling that if tackles are worth a significant amount of points, all other categories need to be raised up to balance it.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Yeah, my paypal email is different. Send my invite to akickassduke @ gmail

Looks like we've only got 2 leagues together this year (assuming CG's Dynasty still happens), but i fully expect us to be top tier next year.

Game on!!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Holy poo poo - we draft tomorrow!!

I haven't been less prepared for a draft than I feel right now. Mainly because I've never drafted before week 3 of the preseason before...

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

(232) Team Boywunda - Manti Te'o LB

I win!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

@old dog child, after the week Boldin had last week, your faith in Sherman shutting him down is amazing. And it worked really well. I'm impressed. Granted your Golden Tate option wasn't much better, I'm still impressed you chose to sit Boldin and were correct in that assumption.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Someone's still undefeated! OYM, I swear you're cursed vs me.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Diqnol posted:

I've got you next week and eagerly await the opportunity to remedy this.

e: Assuming I win tonight and get you next week, there would in fact be no undefeateds remaining.

And assuming we're in the same tier.....which we're not. :-O

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Diqnol posted:

Note to self: check thread title before posting

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot, I'm undefeated in THAT league too. I find that one more hilarious, since I had to auto-draft and draft 4 QBs, yet still managed to have a rather productive team.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

old dog child posted:

I am about to change the loving world

Yup!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

old dog child posted:

I am about to change the loving world

It was really hard giving up Forte, but gaining Peyton was an opportunity that I just couldn't pass up. Big props to old dog for following through on the trade after the horrible news of Julio going down and Ryan losing his #1 target. We made the deal on Monday evening, before Julio was injured and him accepting the offer later shows great sportsmanship and I have big respect for him.

I have Martin in my big money league as well. I have faith, so getting both him and Manning could be a really good move for me. Only time will tell, but I'm excited.

Edit, for those in Jerkers, myself and old dog child made a monster trade.
I give Ryan, Forte and Torrey Smith
Old dog child gives Peyton Manning and Martin.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Please proceed. Thanks commish!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Chen Kenichi posted:

What a difference a couple of days makes!

Ya, I could have been a dick, but I'm a nice guy at heart.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

old dog child posted:

I just want to stress that my loss was due to reasons entirely unrelated to our trade...which is probably worse :ohdear: I honestly thought my team would hold up this week! I was confident and bold in all my decisions...no tinkering, no advice, no random add/drops...and yet you loving destroyed me god drat. Good game.

Destroyed? I wouldn't say that. The monster QB I traded for put up mediocre numbers. My #1 WR is hurt, the RB that I thought was going to start lighting it up is still struggling. However I'm glad I get to start Denarious regularly now, as he's looking pretty good. I am glad I squeaked a win out, as my future appears bright.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

GOD loving drat IT!!!!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Mikey Purp posted:

My team is officially in the poo poo house with Doug Martin, Danny Amendola and Demarco Murray all dead. Now entertaining all ridiculous lowball offers in Tier Jerkers.

Hey Doug Martin Murray buddy, over in the Wild Front Tier

:hfive:

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

Some trades should just be left untraded.

I dodged a bullet there.

I got sucked into Peyton Manning. But I honestly thought Dougie was going to turn it around. Maybe James will.....maybe.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Started Peyton and Calvin and I still might lose this week. Ugh

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

OLD DOG CHILD

I am calling you out, son. It's time to exact vengeance for spurning my amazing trade offers from earlier in the season. Meet me in the field Sunday @ 1 and bring fourteen of your closest friends.

As someone who got the lower end of one of his actual trades, I approve of this message!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Needed 14 points from Mike James and Lamar Miller. Thought I shoul dhave had it. Then I watch Mike James tear it up in the first quarter and I'm like - sweet, I think it's going to happen. Then James dies on the field.....

Ever since the trade I made, my team has gone downhill.....ugh

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Azhais posted:

So we're saying I should tank hard to blow the 22 point jerker lead so I can redraft next year?

I like this guy. He's got moxy!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Zypher posted:

Frontal middling playoff teams
-boywunda and ffoecaf (6-6) are the only other two teams in playoff consideration. Although right now they're on the outside looking in, they're both playing the two worst teams in the league. Meanwhile, Baser Instinct and Suave Fedora are facing each other. Barring a tie, that sets up another potential tiebreaking clusterfuck.

Well I've started off pretty good so far. If I happen to sneak into the playoffs, beware of Megatron, Peyton, Murray, Brown combination....could be your end!!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Zypher posted:

Wild Front has
3.5 + Jimmy Graham + Russell Wilson

Who on the Wild Front is NOT playing Brees or Lynch?
Also, who on Wild Front didn't start Decker?

I bet those decisions are what could cost us not getting the 'A' tier.

Edit: I'm looking and I see Wild Front still has the following players still to play

Jimmy Graham, Drew Brees, Darren Sproles, Earl Thomas, Russell Wilson, Garret Hartley, Marshawn Lynch

Boywunda fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 2, 2013

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Sorry, trying to understand the Tier A and Tier B thing. My understanding is that the tier with the highest Points For (PF) will be Tier A.

My count after Week 12.
Wild Front - 19135.3
Jerkers - 19429.7

Jerkers with a 294.4 lead.

Week 13 totals as of this morning
Wild Front - 1561.7
Jerkers - 1632.6

Jerkers with a 70.9 lead

Making the Jerkers total lead 365.3

Is my logic wrong? How did Zypher show that Wild Front has a 3.5 point lead?

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Zypher posted:

Remember that only the top 8 teams in Points For are being counted in the competition between the two tiers. So in the case of Brees and Sproles, those players are on a team that will most likely not be counted.

I left Lynch off the list because someone in Jerkers is also starting Lynch, so it cancels out.

Edit: cleaning up from awful app

Oh, I didn't know that. I was going by what was in the OP

Zypher posted:

The first year, the two tiers will be randomly assigned. At the end of the regular season, the tier with the highest combined Points For at will become Tier A and the other will become Tier B.

Never mind then, I understand.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

old dog child posted:

Boywunda, I think it's fitting that we get a Peyton vs Forte showdown to start the playoffs :getin:

I was thinking the same thing.....Good luck to you. NOT!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

old dog child posted:

edit: 54.1-93.2

Wow, it's going to be a close game Boywunda.
Yes it is. Go Dallas!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

In my main league, I'm down 18 with Romo and Dez vs his Forte and Hartley. I really don't know what exactly I'm rooting for. Romo to explode and all of Chicago to implode I guess.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Not that I'm trying to stir the pot (but really I am), but don't we want active managers regardless of where they finish? Take booby2times. Not setting his roster. I don't know bobby2times and maybe there is a good reason, but do we really want managers who don't set their rosters every week? I know there are definite exceptions to be made, but Zypher's "Once again bobby didn't set a full roster as he still has an injured Justin Houston in his starting lineup." line just bugs me. Especially when guys like Deer_fire would be very active and set lineups regardless.

Thoughts?

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Mikey Purp posted:

I agree, but we're talking about the relegation bracket here. By its very definition this bracket should hold all of the non-actives with bottom of the barrel teams and roster management. If we don't have a policy of outright booting inactives, then this is the next best thing. If bobby2times gives up on this lost season that's probably ok, and if he ends up winning his match up, all you can really do is laugh and hope that he steps up and returns for next year.

I agree that it probably is the "next best thing", but I was under the assumption that this league is rather structured and recruiting for it almost strictly stated that this was intended for active managers. Seeing someone not set their rosters for a few weeks, before the relegation bracket was even determined is what is troublesome. Hence why I bolded the "Once again" words in Zypher's statement. The relegation bracket still gives you something to fight for, not a reason to give up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Well old dog child, you better take this win to the house and win it all. Good game sir!

• Locked thread