Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
I'd be in, but I don't think keepers really work with the bouncing between divisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
IDP and all the other stuff sounds great. I still don't see any way where keepers works without giving moving teams a disadvantage unless it is one large player pool for both leagues. (with the small benches or w/e). Maybe instead of stud keepers we could do project keepers. You can pick 1 or 2 guys that would likely have scored less than a certain amount the previous season. It would give a small advantage to teams staying where they are, but also not an insurmountable disadvantage to moving teams.

Also how would money be handled. each league has to pay there winners otherwise people in league 2 have no incentive to pay for that season. I was thinking a different buy in for to and bottom tier. It could be a good way to split the divisions to start, those that want to play with less money start in tier 2, and if they win, part of the winnings pay for the higher fee moving to the higher league.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Zypher posted:

Also, it should be noted that teams changing tiers should have a disadvantage. But the tricky thing is to keep it at just a slight disadvantage.

They shouldn't have a disadvantage if they are moving up though. I still like the idea of the different fee tiers for the different leagues. Gives more incentive and an easy way to split up the tiers the first season. IE anyone who only wants to pay $10 is in tier 2 and those who want $20 are in tier one. Then the teams that win tier 2 can use part of their winnings to pay for the increased tier one fees. I just threw those numbers out there for examples.

Also the keepers costing 1st and 2nds, etc. seems a bit steep especially with a non-snaking draft.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Zypher posted:

The fee tier is a good idea, but it would suck if someone plays because they want to join the $10 league and then they drop out next year when they get promoted and don't want to pay $20.

Is bottom of the draft keepers more fair with a non-snaking draft?

If they are getting promoted then they will have won something, if we make it so 3rd place pays out at least enough to cover the higher fee I don't think we would lose anymore than we normally would due to life. No big deal for me either way.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Here is a question, what site would we use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Honestly, I don't think keepers or dynasty will work well with a money league. You are going to have a lot of players quit after the first season cause their team sucks and they can't compete with the top teams, so why waste the money.

• Locked thread