Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

They annoy me because I know in my heart that I look worse on camera than they do :smith:

Congratulations on beating that game, MeccaPrime. Now like that guy did go do Red Zone :v:

(I had forgotten about both Red Zone AND Sub Terrania from the days of Sega Channel. Sub Terrania frustrated me into quitting by the second level so that was fun to watch!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hell loving yes, I unironically love SF2010. Can't wait to watch when I get home.

Still annoyed my parents got me that instead of SF2 back in the day, though :argh:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thanks for playing this, it was a real blast from the past. I never did beat planet 5 stage 3; always got stuck in--

Psychedelic Eyeball posted:

*shows trick to easily clear the two mummies room*

:tizzy:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

thevoiceofdog posted:

Wake up, Mike Jones. Wake up, and smell the ashes.

This is the part of the game where it goes from Nintendo Hard With Dick Moves to actually actively hating the player. I can't believe I ever got through this poo poo as a kid without savestates, must have had the patience of a saint.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is this breaking at about 03:40 whether streamed or downloaded for anyone else?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Dectilon posted:

Weird. I'll try reuploading it.

There, try it now!

Seems to get past 3:40, at least. Thanks!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oooh, Contra 3, awesome! Beat this way back when on Normal, but Hard was just way too much for me, and I've only gotten worse at video games since then. Can't wait to see some of the bullshit levels done right.

Now someone do Contra Hard Corps :colbert:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Zeikier posted:

Update

Now the path branches, at least for this level. We're back at the Junkyard for Level 3.

Deadeye Joe Chase: Ray
Deadeye Joe Chase: Fang

so much Mode 7Blast Processing :magical:

Hahaha jesus christ I had forgotten about the bike walker thing. 90's As Hell, indeed.

Best Contra game in the series, though slowbeef's current project comes close at least. :)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

thevoiceofdog posted:

Let's keep things rolling.

When the giant London sewer rats showed up I was vaguely saddened that a Great Mouse Detective reference never materialized. :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Browny's weapons are a lot weirder than I remember them being, jeez. Though now I look at it I seem to remember C being hilariously powerful on some bosses, so I guess it all works out.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Deadeye Joe must be getting really loving dizzy in that thing :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

You mentioning Earthworm Jim makes me wonder if EWJ2 would be worth doing for this thread. It's been a long time since I've played it though, I can't even remember if it's actually hard.

'cept for those loving puppies. :argh:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

All the genesis music chat makes me want to try Gauntlet IV for the thread because goddamn son. I'll have to take a look this weekend and see if it was actually as hard as I remember, though. Probably not.

Also gently caress the last goddamned level of Ecco, I pity whoever (if anyone) decides to take on THAT particular challenge. :argh:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The only thing I remembered up to now of Ecco is that the final level was an absolute loving horrorshow. I wish you the best of luck :ohdear:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

That boss was total loving bullshit, and just think, it has NOTHING on Welcome To The Machine, at least if my memory serves me right. :ohdear:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Now that I think about it, was there ever any hint as to how to actually beat the Ecco DNA orb boss thing? I mean I guess you'd figure it out before long, but since you had anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds in combat before dying horribly, 'before long' can kinda stretch out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

Ecco the Dolphin part 15: The Grand Finale

Time to finish this poo poo. I ended up leaving in a lot more deaths than I thought but these levels deserve no less.

An auto-scrolling level with fake-out haha you're dead auto-scrolling. Holy poo poo, it's worse than I'd remembered and feared. :psypop:

• Locked thread