Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Tony, NFS Rivals is currently 63% off, is this any kind of promoted or featured deal? Can you say how long this discount will run for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Krad posted:

Hey AmazonTony, question: what's the deal with Amazon's PSN section? I don't think I've seen many new releases there ever since it opened... I was mainly hoping to see Lightning Returns on there because I have some credit left over, but no luck. Do you know anything about any upcoming updates?

Going to second this... I doesn't look like it was ever changed since it launched.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'd also like to know as well, considering I have some PSN-only credit from Amazon Trade-In that expires at the end of the month. It would be great to know if Rayman Legends or Thief would be available before then.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any chance you guys can sell the new Strider, even if it not discounted?

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
Any chance of a discount on the Titanfall preorder? I know it's been offered for ~$45-$50 on GMG and Gamefly, but I appear to have missed both of those promos. :(

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Tony, I entered the Thief contest, but the discount code I got seems to be invalid. Is there something up with the key generator?

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"
I also had some difficulty submitting my contribution in the Thief Modding contest, and now it seems all codes are gone. Would be interested to know when there is any news on this, thanks.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Downs Duck posted:

I also had some difficulty submitting my contribution in the Thief Modding contest, and now it seems all codes are gone. Would be interested to know when there is any news on this, thanks.

Damegane posted:

Tony, I entered the Thief contest, but the discount code I got seems to be invalid. Is there something up with the key generator?

We're fixing this. I'll update the thread when fixed. Sorry for the issues :(.

abagofcheetos posted:

Going to second this... I doesn't look like it was ever changed since it launched.

Krad posted:

Hey AmazonTony, question: what's the deal with Amazon's PSN section? I don't think I've seen many new releases there ever since it opened... I was mainly hoping to see Lightning Returns on there because I have some credit left over, but no luck. Do you know anything about any upcoming updates?

This is a really good question. Basically, over holiday, we had to slow down on the number of things were changing/adding at a time. Too many moving parts etc. Now that we're almost through the second month of this year you'll start seeing things ramp up more :).

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Tony, NFS Rivals is currently 63% off, is this any kind of promoted or featured deal? Can you say how long this discount will run for?

Sorry I missed this, it was a pricing error.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
No worries, Tony :)

Just tried uploading again, got this message after my video had slowly uploaded to 100%:

"You must upload a valid video file."

It was in mpg-format. Is this not a valid format or is the page not working yet? Will wait a while anyway, before trying again.

EDIT: Tried again, this time with avi-format. Guess I'll just wait a little longer before trying again.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 20, 2014

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mentioned this in private message, but any chance for a Last of Us deal soon?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Rirse posted:

I mentioned this in private message, but any chance for a Last of Us deal soon?

Last of Us was on sale for $29.99 for like a week or two until just a few days ago.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Has anyone else managed to upload their contribution on the Thief Modding Contest yet? I've been trying to upload my contribution for some hours now, and the video is never uploaded/accepted.

EDIT: Two things:

Finally managed to register my information in the contribution box/page, and this text shows up:

Your Thief code is:

(CODE)

Instructions:

Click here & add to cart:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009IXL5FO/ref=dsvrt_review_asin_detail

Enter your code into "Gift Codes & Promotions"

Click "Apply & Checkout"

The link takes me to the Amazon store page for Thief Gold. I can't see anywhere on that link where it says "Add to cart", so I assume it means I should click "Buy and download" on the right. After clicking I am prompted to put in my account password, as usual when buying from Amazon. But when I enter the code under "Gift Codes & Promotions" and click "Apply" I get the following message in red:

"This code is not valid."

Guess there are still some issues to iron out? :)

Also, I am unsure if the video uploaded correctly because of all the mess. Is there anyone/anywhere I can verify it has uploaded and been received?

EDIT: Simply sent a request to Amazon.com Customer Service today, asking them to take a look.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Feb 21, 2014

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

AmazonTony posted:

Sorry I missed this, it was a pricing error.

I hate to be a stickler but it has happened again, the physical version of Rivals went down in price while the digital version did not.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Got my answer from Amazon Customer Service:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you had.

I'd love to help you via email but the problem you've reported requires to speak with you over the phone. Please give us a call so we can try some real-time troubleshooting and ensure we resolve this concern to your satisfaction.

I realize that, at this point, asking you to contact us again would be disappointing; however, we really feel that the best way to assist you with this concern is over the phone. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated in this matter.

we can be reached using the Contact Us option on our Amazon Instant Video help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/help/instantvideo

Be assured that we are here to take care of any issue you've encountered and ensure we resolve your concern to the fullest of your satisfaction.

We hope you can call us soon so we can help solve this problem quickly.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

They already have all my information, and I was logged into my Amazon account when I provided my info and video contribution. I've given them the code in question and provided all details they need to investigate the issue. And now they need me to call them too? Since the code in question is an Amazon redeemable code, and not a Steam code, why can't they just verify the code has been used or not, and give out a new code? I'm not really angry about this, and I have a Thief Gold retail copy already, so no biggie. But it seems like a ham-handed way of solving a simple issue. Also, it would have been great to see if my mod suggestion actually had some merit in the contest or not. Ah, whatever, I don't think I will bother with this anymore, but I must say I'm somewhat disappointed in the execution of this contest though, it sure could have used a little better planning beforehand. Best of luck to the other participants :)

Update: Tried one more time to click the link from the contest, and get the code to work, but now the Thief Gold Amazon Store page it sends me to says Thief Gold is unavailable :/

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Feb 21, 2014

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

Downs Duck posted:

Update: Tried one more time to click the link from the contest, and get the code to work, but now the Thief Gold Amazon Store page it sends me to says Thief Gold is unavailable :/

Yeah I got a code without an upload but it looks like they ran out of Thief Gold keys a long time ago.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Stick100 posted:

Yeah I got a code without an upload but it looks like they ran out of Thief Gold keys a long time ago.

I thought maybe they ran out of Steam keys first, and then had to switch to handing out Amazon Gift Codes, like the one I got (which didn't work). And then they ran out of Thief Gold copies.

Here's to hoping Tony can shed some light on the issue, when he's recovered from eating that gummy bear.

EDIT: Finally managed to get a working code by signing up with another email account. Don't know if the video uploaded though, would be nice to have a list of contribtions or something to get a verification.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 24, 2014

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cross-post from PS Store thread:

Snapshot of current sales on PSN digital download games sold by Amazon. Prices accurate as of Sunday night.
Affiliate tag is Something Awful's.
Discounts of a dollar or less are excluded. Prices rounded to nearest nickel.
Prices can change at any time.
Discounts of 30% off or more in bold

quote:

PS4 Games:
3-Game Indie Bundle (Flower, Trine 2: Complete Story, Super Motherload) $37.80
Angry Birds: Star Wars $33
Call of Duty: Ghosts $47.90 (slightly cheaper to buy PS3 version, then buy PS4 digital upgrade for $10 on PSN)
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition $48
Killzone: Shadow Fall $40
Knack $51.05
Lego Marvel Super Heroes $45
NBA 2K14 $55

PS3 Games:
The Amazing Spider-Man $47.65
Angry Birds: Star Wars $17
Aquapazza $20
Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel $16
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $30
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Digital Bundle (game + season pass) $50
Batman: Arkham Origins $42.35
Battlefield 4 $48.40
BioShock $10 (PSN price is $20)
BioShock Infinite $30 (currently free for PS+ members)
Borderlands $14.60
Borderlands Ultimate Edition $24
Borderlands 2 $20 (currently free for PS+ members)
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified $28.25
Call of Duty: Ghosts $35
Call of Duty: Ghosts Hardened Edition $90 (same sale price on PSN until probably Tuesday morning)
Diablo III $47
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness $40
EA Football Digital Bundle (Madden NFL 25 + NCAA Football 14) $79.95
FIFA 14 $40
Fuse $18.20
Gran Turismo 6 $40
Grand Theft Auto V $40
The Last of Us $43
The Last of Us Digital Bundle (game + season pass) $55
Lego Marvel Super Heroes $42.20
Madden NFL 25 $50
Mafia II $15.70
MLB 13 The Show $34.60
NBA 2K13 $37.95
NBA 2K14 $40
NCAA Football 14 $44.10
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures $26.30
Payday 2 $30
Puppeteer $23.30
Shaun White Skateboarding $9
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time $20 (includes Vita version)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 $28.40
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist $50.25
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct $26.40
WWE 2K14 $40
XCOM: Enemy Within $30

PS2 Classics:
Manhunt $2.50 (same sale price on PSN until Tuesday morning)
Midnight Club II $2.50 (same sale price on PSN until Tuesday morning)

Vita Games:
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two $16
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time $20 (similar price for PS3 version which includes Vita version)

PS3 Add-Ons:
Skyrim:
- DLC Bundle (Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Hearthfire) $22.50
-- Dawnguard $10 (PSN price is $20)
-- Dragonborn $10 (PSN price is $20)
-- Hearthfire $2.50 (PSN price is $5)

Highlights are Call of Duty: Ghosts PS3 version for $35 and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PS3 version still at $30.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So uh, I'm in Canada and I'm trying to get in on the Kingdoms of Amalur deal, but the website keeps throwing me the "Game Downloads are only available to US customers" page. I'm using a gift card in USD meaning I can't imaging they even need to bill my credit card, I'm using unblock-us so location finding things I'm in the states. Is there any way around this besides waiting till the next time I travel to the US?

surc
Aug 17, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

So uh, I'm in Canada and I'm trying to get in on the Kingdoms of Amalur deal, but the website keeps throwing me the "Game Downloads are only available to US customers" page. I'm using a gift card in USD meaning I can't imaging they even need to bill my credit card, I'm using unblock-us so location finding things I'm in the states. Is there any way around this besides waiting till the next time I travel to the US?

Well... you have any friends in the US you trust? (Unless it's a direct download and not through Steam)

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

The Iron Rose posted:

You probably need to set your billing address to the US.

e: If that doesn't work then yeah..if you have someone in the US you trust you could try letting them log into your amazon account and see what happens.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Tony, I noticed you guys sell the Steam version of Goodbye Deponia but I wasn't able to find one for Deponia or Chaos on Deponia. You should totally see if you could fix that and also ideally feature them in a great sale! :)

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
ugh nevermind

Relin fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 26, 2014

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Any plans to put Scribblenauts Unmasked on sale again? I know it was just on sale a few weeks ago, but about a week after the Amazon sale on it, a friend came to me all like, "Why isn't every game on Steam really cheap like you always say they are? I want Scribblenauts Unmasked." so I'm trying to keep an eye on sales for him.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

obliriovrons posted:

Any plans to put Scribblenauts Unmasked on sale again? I know it was just on sale a few weeks ago, but about a week after the Amazon sale on it, a friend came to me all like, "Why isn't every game on Steam really cheap like you always say they are? I want Scribblenauts Unmasked." so I'm trying to keep an eye on sales for him.

"Teach a man to fish..."

Point him to the price monitoring websites or this thread. Show him how to do it himself otherwise he will always end up bothering you when he wants something.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Tony, is there any way you can work your magic and get us a deal on Trine 2 for PS4?

I would like to play it on that platform, but I can't justify paying $20 when it's currently $3 on PC.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

the beam posted:

"Teach a man to fish..."

Point him to the price monitoring websites or this thread. Show him how to do it himself otherwise he will always end up bothering you when he wants something.

I'm helping him with this one to try to convince him Steam is better than all the other bullshit out there. He hasn't even logged in to his account in over a year, but I was thinking after this one I could teach him about the wishlist and Advanced Steam and stuff.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Tony, any upcoming deals for Dark Souls 2 (PC)? I prefer to give my money to Amazon over GMG or Steam (directly), so anything news is appreciated!

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

ETB posted:

Tony, any upcoming deals for Dark Souls 2 (PC)? I prefer to give my money to Amazon over GMG or Steam (directly), so anything news is appreciated!

Hi Tony, seconding this question - will you guys have any special offers on Dark Souls 2 that will make me go with you over Steam directly?

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
I'm worried Tony didn't survive eating that gummy bear.

SwiftStrikerInc
Feb 5, 2002
[img]platypus[/img] The platypus stands as a testament to my own stupidity
I'm curious, what happened to all the gift card bonuses for pre-orders? I know it couldn't have been sustainable, but I did like getting money back to put toward other games.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

SwiftStrikerInc posted:

I'm curious, what happened to all the gift card bonuses for pre-orders? I know it couldn't have been sustainable, but I did like getting money back to put toward other games.
I got a $5 gift card for preordering Titanfall a couple days ago.

SwiftStrikerInc
Feb 5, 2002
[img]platypus[/img] The platypus stands as a testament to my own stupidity

TychoCelchuuu posted:

I got a $5 gift card for preordering Titanfall a couple days ago.

Last year you'd see anywhere from $10-30 for practically every game it seemed

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
My guess is that it was always meant to only last for a year or so as an attempt to get more people adjusted to the idea of preordering their games through Amazon.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
We may be losing Amazon Tony

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316950-amazon-pcdd-important-update-new-community-manager-incoming/page-832#entry11601972

:(

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I am very disappointed by your pie.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

He broke up with us and we found out through CAG. I'm sure there's an E/N thread for this that I can use to properly express my emotions.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Wow every response over there is some dumb annoying meme gif.

Thanks SA for making me realize that memes are dumb and should never be used

Bye, Tony. I'll always remember that time we played Halo 4 and we all drank boiler makers.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
are amazon coins like dogecoins?

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008
They're an artificial currency ala Xbox Points that are primarily used for mobile games and F2P MMOs I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Drunk Tomato posted:

Wow every response over there is some dumb annoying meme gif.

Thanks SA for making me realize that memes are dumb and should never be used

Bye, Tony. I'll always remember that time we played Halo 4 and we all drank boiler makers.

Lol that was a ton of fun :).

Also, sorry for breaking up with you via CAG! I knew you guys would see it before I posted here. I was trying to write something more Goonish for my farewell post here and ended up not getting it done yesterday. I'm really sorry.

That being said, here's what I WOULD have said to inform you guys of my departure:

SomethingAwful is the latest community I've added to the group of people we interact with. I wish I would have had more time to be around more often than I was but you guys had a huge impact on several large scale projects I was involved in. You also made the transition document I wrote as "we need to keep our presence here active and expand quite a bit on what I've been doing here".

Specifically, I met a number of the developers and organizations that were super important to our Indie Store Launch here, and you guys have been phenomenal in terms of getting the word out across the internet about our deals.

I'll actually probably be around SA more now that I'm not selling video games anymore, hopefully you all still enjoy my posting.

Thanks again Goons, hanging out on SA has been one of the most enjoyable experiences of my career.

• Locked thread