Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Are you gonna have any deals on Dead Space 3? I saw the preorder and I wanted to do Amazon, but I am a cheapskate and don't want to pay full price :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

MadBimber posted:

Are you gonna have any deals on Dead Space 3? I saw the preorder and I wanted to do Amazon, but I am a cheapskate and don't want to pay full price :(

Not during holiday.

Check this out though:

12/17-12/22:

Both activate on Steam NOTE IF YOU PURCHASED LAST WEEK OR THIS WEEK YOU WILL GET A $10 CREDIT THIS WEEK.

Hitman Absolution : $19.99
Hitman Absolution Professional: $29.99

Both activate on Steam NOTE IF YOU PURCHASED LAST WEEK OR THIS WEEK YOU WILL GET A $10 CREDIT THIS WEEK.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

AmazonTony posted:

Not during holiday.

Check this out though:

12/17-12/22:

Hi Tony,
I see them going for $10 more each unless there's something I'm missing.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

shrike82 posted:

Hi Tony,
I see them going for $10 more each unless there's something I'm missing.

System hiccup...when I posted the pricing had flipped, sometimes there is a slight lag between what I see behind the firewall and what the rest of the world sees.

Should be adjusted shortly (read a matter of minutes).

Edit: Fixed now.

AmazonTony fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 17, 2012

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
I just bought Lego Lord of the Rings for $20. It's normally $30, and it activates on Steam. I've just been burning through these Lego games like a maniac.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Crap, I didn't notice that Secret World was only through yesterday. Oh well, I probably didn't have enough time to dedicate to it anyways.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Sorry if this is something obvious that I've somehow missed, but is there anyway to see how many $5 credits we've accrued? And do all of our credits automatically go towards the first game on the designated list that we purchase?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
edit; how about I let the guy himself deal with it?

Drunk Tomato fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 17, 2012

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

ankle posted:

Sorry if this is something obvious that I've somehow missed, but is there anyway to see how many $5 credits we've accrued? And do all of our credits automatically go towards the first game on the designated list that we purchase?

Good question, I will also add to the OP at one point today:

1. There isn't an elegant solution to look at all your credits. Apologies for this but we are working on something in 2013.

2. Think of your credits like individual $5 bank accounts. When you buy something that the credit is good for, it will deduct a maximum of $5 from the credit and leave you with the remaining for your next purchase, otherwise it will consume the entire $5 and then move to the next one.

Hypothetical Examples (I say hypothetical because none of these prices are planned for January):

In this example you have 3 $5 credits:

1. Hotline Miami is $2.49 - You buy it and have a $5 credit, your $5 credit is now worth $2.49.

2. You then buy Darksiders 2 for $12.49 you will be charged $10 because the remaining $2.49 from the first credit is used.

3. You buy Battlefield 3 for $9.99, you would be charged $4.99 and 1 entire credit would be used.

4. You buy Dark Souls for $9.99, you would be charged $4.99 and 1 entire credit would be used.

Hope this explains better.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Drunk Tomato posted:

You can only use one credit at a time.

Click Here to check your gift card balance.

That tool is not helpful for this situation, please do not use it, we are working on fixing it.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

edit; how about I let the guy himself deal with it?
edit: it's been addressed, but I'll leave this post anyway.

Doesn't look like that will show you any restrictions; just a total. I have $32.99 in credit but looking at the "promotion credit" emails Amazon has sent, I can see that they're for some random stuff I'll never buy:

amazon emails posted:

Your purchase entitles you to a $12.99 promotional credit, good towards the The Fiesta Online Holiday House Bundle.

Your purchase entitles you to a $20 promotional credit good towards the "Rappelz Deluxe Package" containing a Tamed Nightmare or Kentauros Pet, an Ancient Pride Wing (28 days), a Phantom Tiger Mount (28 days), a 14 Day Hidden Village Pass, 10 Stamina Savers, 10 Animal Crackers, and 5 Growth Potions.

So my suggestion would just be to search your emails for ones titled "Your Amazon.com Promotional Credit" and keep track of them manually.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

wa27 posted:

edit: it's been addressed, but I'll leave this post anyway.

Doesn't look like that will show you any restrictions; just a total. I have $32.99 in credit but looking at the "promotion credit" emails Amazon has sent, I can see that they're for some random stuff I'll never buy:

So my suggestion would just be to search your emails for ones titled "Your Amazon.com Promotional Credit" and keep track of them manually.

Yeah, this is one of my least favorite widgets, we're working on making it more useful though.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

particle409 posted:

I just bought Lego Lord of the Rings for $20. It's normally $30, and it activates on Steam. I've just been burning through these Lego games like a maniac.

Is there a link or something to a discounted version on Amazon? It still shows as $30 for me.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

iastudent posted:

Is there a link or something to a discounted version on Amazon? It still shows as $30 for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Warner-Bros-Digital-Distribution-Download/dp/B00A2XA3GG?somethingawfu-20

The reason this is neither listed in the OP or featured on our sale page is because it will be 75% off closer to Christmas.

The current sale price is most likely a pricematch.

Cheers,
Tony

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

AmazonTony posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Warner-Bros-Digital-Distribution-Download/dp/B00A2XA3GG?somethingawfu-20

The reason this is neither listed in the OP or featured on our sale page is because it will be 75% off closer to Christmas.

Oh drat, I'll be patient then.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

AmazonTony posted:

Hypothetical Examples (I say hypothetical because none of these prices are planned for January):

In this example you have 3 $5 credits:

1. Hotline Miami is $2.49 - You buy it and have a $5 credit, your $5 credit is now worth $2.49.

2. You then buy Darksiders 2 for $12.49 you will be charged $10 because the remaining $2.49 from the first credit is used.
This isn't how it worked last year. Last time they would roll over but limit the maximum individual discount at $5. Is there a reason for the change? It means if a game is $4.99 and you use a coupon you have to buy another one at full price(less 1 cent) before using a second coupon.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

iastudent posted:

Oh drat, I'll be patient then.

I'm going to try and get a full update through Christmas today/tomorrow. I'm just buried actually setting up all these promos and I've been negotiating a new structure for Christmas day that I think everyone who has purchased stuff from specific publishers in 2012 will be really excited about.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

This isn't how it worked last year. Last time they would roll over but limit the maximum individual discount at $5. Is there a reason for the change? It means if a game is $4.99 and you use a coupon you have to buy another one at full price(less 1 cent) before using a second coupon.

We're both saying the same thing. Did I misrepresent this?

EDIT: Sorry I see what you're saying, you're just mistaken regarding the fact that it didn't work this way last year, this is exactly how it functioned, we will just price things that would normally be $4.99 at $5 so the $.01 penny problem doesn't happen again.

NOTE: I am 100% confident that this is how it functioned last year because I had to file a trouble ticket that paged 20 people to fix the penny issue.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
A part of me wishes you did this in the coupon/discount subforum as it's the first place I check everyday, but with added Q&As and Interviews I can see why it's not posted over there.

This is pretty awesome.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Mayor McCheese posted:

A part of me wishes you did this in the coupon/discount subforum as it's the first place I check everyday, but with added Q&As and Interviews I can see why it's not posted over there.

This is pretty awesome.

Thanks! It is my hope that the community stuff (Q&A/videos) will grow and be the larger set of conversations in this thread. Several of our publishers want to do some really cool stuff with their customers and I have a great relationship with many of them.

I want to do gameplay with the developers/me and my co-workers, more interviews and videos from major industry events (I plan on dedicating a lot more time next year at E3/Pax just creating content), I also need to get links to the ++GoodGames Podcasts.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So how much do Amazon care about buying US deals from the UK? We get no Amazon digital sales here :(

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AmazonTony posted:

12/17-12/22:

Screw you man! (Just kidding, that's an awesome price) You might as well just have a direct link to my bank account and take it all at the rate things are progressing.

Question for you, is the 2012 Editors Choice Games complete and does it reflect the prices that are expected to be during January? Even with $5 credit (of which I have a lot of), most of those games were much cheaper during sales. Although with a $10 credit, some of them are on par or slightly better, so hmm...

For anyone whose played Hitman, is the Professional version worth another +$10? I'm leaning towards no.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 18, 2012

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Xaris posted:

Screw you man! (Just kidding, that's an awesome price) You might as well just have a direct link to my bank account and take it all at the rate things are progressing.

Question for you, is the 2012 Editors Choice Games complete and does it reflect the prices that are expected to be during January? Even with $5 credit (of which I have a lot of), most of those games were much cheaper during sales. Although with a $10 credit, some of them are on par or slightly better, so hmm...

For anyone whose played Hitman, is the Professional version worth another +$10? I'm leaning towards no.

Our intent is to promote these titles as we did last year. Also, products will be added to the list.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Glad to see you got over that bitch Sheila and posted the mega thread.

Don't forget to delete facebook and hit the gym.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

trashcangammy
Jul 31, 2012
Whatever marketer decided to create Civilization V GOTY edition had a cynical sense of humour.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Really glad to see you here on SA Tony. I've seen you posting elsewhere on the internets, but I see you've finally stumbled upon the holy grail of internet forums :smug:.

Looking forward to hearing more!

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Just to note everyone, I fat finger errored the price for Dead Island GOTY, it will be $5.99 not $4.99.

Apologies for the typo.

Repelex
Jun 25, 2010

ketchum while they're young
Am I boned if I want to buy something from amazon.com from canada, or can I just enter a fake shipping address since it is just for digital downloads?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Wasn't today supposed to be an All Video Games Gold Box event? Or can there be multiple Gold Box events running at the same time? :raise:

The deal of the day is the PS3 320 GB PS+ Instant Game Collection Bundle though.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

If you won't try to find coherence in the world, have the courtesy of becoming apathetic.

AmazonTony posted:

12/17-12/22:

Sorry to be really dense here but what credit is this exactly? The page mentions under 'special offers' that it counts for the usual $5 credit towards the editor's choice games in January, does this mean that actually we'll get $10 instead for this particular game? or what?

Also on a related note I'm guessing there's no way to transfer/gift that promotional credit? I've picked up quite a chunk over the past few months I think, but I probably own all the games I'm interested in from the Editor's Choice list. It'd be nice to gift that credit out to goons who do want to pick up a game - possible/not possible?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

gibbed posted:

Wasn't today supposed to be an All Video Games Gold Box event? Or can there be multiple Gold Box events running at the same time? :raise:

The deal of the day is the PS3 320 GB PS+ Instant Game Collection Bundle though.

I'm not sure about the Gold Box event, let me ask my counterparts in physical tomorrow (today its 2AM here).

baldurk posted:

Sorry to be really dense here but what credit is this exactly? The page mentions under 'special offers' that it counts for the usual $5 credit towards the editor's choice games in January, does this mean that actually we'll get $10 instead for this particular game? or what?

Also on a related note I'm guessing there's no way to transfer/gift that promotional credit? I've picked up quite a chunk over the past few months I think, but I probably own all the games I'm interested in from the Editor's Choice list. It'd be nice to gift that credit out to goons who do want to pick up a game - possible/not possible?

You can't gift the codes as they are tied to your account. I will say that the editor's choice list will be expanded as we get closer and into January.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

AmazonTony posted:

I'm not sure about the Gold Box event, let me ask my counterparts in physical tomorrow (today its 2AM here).
I checked my trash just to be sure I'm not crazy, and I did receive an e-mail about it being today.

rorty
Oct 13, 2010
What are the odds on Mass Effect Trilogy getting maybe $10-15 off?

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

gibbed posted:

I checked my trash just to be sure I'm not crazy, and I did receive an e-mail about it being today.

Eh, not quite. Check the email again. In my opinion, it's deceptive, but here's what I got:

quote:

Subject: Video Games Gold Box Alert for Tuesday
"Customers who have shown an interest in video games might like to know that Amazon Video Games will have a Gold Box Event on Tuesday, December 18."

Compare that to one I got on Dec. 9:

quote:

Subject: All Video Games Gold Box Alert for Tuesday
"Customers who have shown an interest in video games might like to know that we have an All Video Games Amazon Gold Box event on Tuesday, December 11."

I was disappointed when I realized that this AM.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Just posting to say thanks, there've been some absolute steals on Amazon lately and it's cool to see them getting active in the community beyond banner ads and word of mouth.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

When the LEGO games go on Amazon sale you should get them. LEGO Lord of the Rings is especially good. If you've played older lego batmans or pirates or something, you have no idea how much they have improved.

e: DK claptrap or Borderlands 2?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Any chance of seeing a discount on Far Cry 3 for Xbox 360 this month?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

Any chance of seeing a discount on Far Cry 3 for Xbox 360 this month?

We're currently running $10 off for Amazon Students but that's the only promotion we have planned currently.

e: just noticed you specified XBOX, I'm not sure if they have more promos planned because I don't work on that team, the $10 off for students does work for the XBOX version though.

rorty posted:

What are the odds on Mass Effect Trilogy getting maybe $10-15 off?

Yes, we'll have it for 50% off again soon.

Heran Bago posted:

When the LEGO games go on Amazon sale you should get them. LEGO Lord of the Rings is especially good. If you've played older lego batmans or pirates or something, you have no idea how much they have improved.

e: DK claptrap or Borderlands 2?

Borderlands 2

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Affiliate links so Lowtax takes a cut? He's sold out!

(grabbing the 2k MegaPack asap)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is the Space Marine download in the Tantalizing THQ medley a steam key or the entire game itself?

• Locked thread