Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tony: How often do you guys pricematch Steam deals?

In the past I've gotten some good deals off Amazon because I missed Steam Deals by a few hours and Amazon has offered the same price, but is a bit slower about bumping the price back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Crabtree posted:

Is the Space Marine download in the Tantalizing THQ medley a steam key or the entire game itself?

You can download the bits from us or take the Steam key and download it from Steam, either way you have to play on Steam.

Blast of Confetti posted:

Affiliate links so Lowtax takes a cut? He's sold out!

(grabbing the 2k MegaPack asap)

Glad you're digging the bundles. To be perfectly honest I was less excited about this part of the sale than some of the stuff starting in a couple of days.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Tony: How often do you guys pricematch Steam deals?

In the past I've gotten some good deals off Amazon because I missed Steam Deals by a few hours and Amazon has offered the same price, but is a bit slower about bumping the price back up.

I need to add this to the OP. Sorry.

We PM Steam on most stuff, there are some notable exceptions including:

1. Flash sales - as you mentioned sometimes our pricing systems take a hot second to update, this makes it not feasible to match flash sales.

2. Products we don't carry (this includes bundles we don't carry)

3. Sometimes we miss stuff, if you're curious about a price match ask here, or PM me, I have my email set to page my phone when I get PMs from here and CAG.

AmazonTony fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 18, 2012

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Are you guys doing another sale for Paradox games this month? I know you guys do it all the time, but I might as well ask. :)

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

TurninTrix posted:

Are you guys doing another sale for Paradox games this month? I know you guys do it all the time, but I might as well ask. :)

I'm wondering about this too. Specifically I remember a pack with Vicky 2 and Sword of the Stars getting some huge sales in the past, and I'm finally ready to buy it. Does that pack still exist/will it be on sale soon?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

TurninTrix posted:

Yes.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Is that Modern Warfare/Black Ops double pack that was supposed to have happened at Thanksgiving still on the cards, or have Activision pulled the plug on that idea altogether?

Also this might be out of your sphere of control, Tony, but some way to view the most recently discounted digital titles would be useful. It can be easy to miss new deals on Amazon during the big sales when the most recent price reductions are shuffled in with the existing deals.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Cass posted:

Is that Modern Warfare/Black Ops double pack that was supposed to have happened at Thanksgiving still on the cards, or have Activision pulled the plug on that idea altogether?

Also this might be out of your sphere of control, Tony, but some way to view the most recently discounted digital titles would be useful. It can be easy to miss new deals on Amazon during the big sales when the most recent price reductions are shuffled in with the existing deals.

I like that functionality alot, I'll bring it to the team.

Also, keep an eye on the "Bundles" and "Deals not to be missed" sections at the top of the page. We'll be highlighting the new deals we think are the best there.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Do you really have a tattoo like that on your back?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is 50% off of the Walking Dead the highest we'll see this year?

KoB
May 1, 2009
Will Dark Souls be sub-$10?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Call Now posted:

Do you really have a tattoo like that on your back?

Yes, it is by far my coolest Tattoo.

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Is 50% off of the Walking Dead the highest we'll see this year?

No plans right now for more than 50% off.

KoB posted:

Will Dark Souls be sub-$10?

We're still deciding what our next price point on DS will be.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Tony, I only see $10 off on PS3 Far Cry 3. Any idea if the Xbox 360 one has not updated or is there a miscommunication somewhere?

If you can talk to the xbox team, could you ask if they plan to do a $20 off or bigger promo on it this month?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Russad posted:

Eh, not quite. Check the email again. In my opinion, it's deceptive, but here's what I got:

Compare that to one I got on Dec. 9:

I was disappointed when I realized that this AM.
You're right about the text, I guess they messed up with the image then.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

Tony, I only see $10 off on PS3 Far Cry 3. Any idea if the Xbox 360 one has not updated or is there a miscommunication somewhere?

If you can talk to the xbox team, could you ask if they plan to do a $20 off or bigger promo on it this month?

The $10 off is for Student members and you have to use a code to get it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

AmazonTony posted:

The $10 off is for Student members and you have to use a code to get it.

Well I'll be. I think I am a student and so I'll look at it when I get off work. Kinda weird that it seems you can get an extra $10 off with the PS3. Is it just because people considering the PS3 the inferior edition of Far Cry 3?

edit: AmazonTony Amazon seems to be price matching Kmart regarding this. Kmart has Far Cry 3 for $50 this week. I'm stuck at work but do you think you can see if they're going to price match the 360 edition?

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 18, 2012

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Make this work in the eurozone tia, I am trying to give you my money and you won't take it.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Wow, Tony's new avatar :stare:

Somebody around here really doesn't like Amazon.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Poor tony, somebody changed his avatar/title...

Amazon can avoid all the taxes they want as far as I am concerned, so long as it is legal. That's just how you do business. Plus they just cut me a $600 royalty check so I really don't care if they pay taxes or not!

As far as sales are concerned, I'm still hoping for some more RPG love, but that amalur bundle looks pretty sweet for now!

Also, good looking out tony! You know why.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Kharmakazy posted:

Poor tony, somebody changed his avatar/title...

Amazon can avoid all the taxes they want as far as I am concerned, so long as it is legal. That's just how you do business. Plus they just cut me a $600 royalty check so I really don't care if they pay taxes or not!

As far as sales are concerned, I'm still hoping for some more RPG love, but that amalur bundle looks pretty sweet for now!

Also, good looking out tony! You know why.

404notfound posted:

Wow, Tony's new avatar :stare:

Somebody around here really doesn't like Amazon.

Wow, how did that happen?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

AmazonTony posted:

Wow, how did that happen?

Someone paid to change it. You can do that here... for some reason.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Kharmakazy posted:

Oh wow, well I PM'ed Ozma, thanks for the heads up.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
It's ok man. Big red titles are practically a badge of honor around here.

Kharmakazy posted:

Being able to buy titles for other people is one of the coolest parts of SA.

Happy Fun Bollocks
Aug 4, 2007

by Ion Helmet
Avoiding sales tax is one of the reasons people like shopping online, please continue with the tax evasion.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

It's tax avoidance rather than tax evasion.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I live in Oregon so I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck about sales tax.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

AmazonTony posted:

Oh wow, well I PM'ed Ozma, thanks for the heads up.

You can take some of that money you don't pay out in taxes and just buy another avatar! :v:

I'm just kidding, I love not paying sales tax.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Tony, what's the lowest we can expect Binary Domain? I think that and Dishonored are the only other games I need from this year to round out other's GOTY noms.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Cicero posted:

It's ok man. Big red titles are practically a badge of honor around here.

Being able to buy titles for other people is one of the coolest parts of SA.

Petty infighting turns into $$ for the site for maintenance and whatever. It's really quite genius.

And yeah, don't worry Tony, we're all big supporters of Amazon here. I've been paying tax forever since I'm a WA resident and its still where I do the bulk of my shopping and, increasingly, digital downloads.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Dave Angel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tywGmsMBp4

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I doubt there is a way to somehow get Steam keys for Kingdom of Amular? I know it's a EA game, but the Steam version actually has achievements and such. But that version still $60 and probably will remain that amount since Rhode Island is supposedly the one in charge of discounting that version.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Thought we went over this. Thought we established that no one can be mean to Amazon Tony. You guys are pissing me off big time and you just cost me a free Kindle Fire. gently caress this gay forum

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Dave Angel posted:

The UK stuff is, but 'avoiding sales tax' is actually tax evasion on the part of each consumer doing it.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
What did Amazon Tony do to you, anonymous jerk!?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Drunk Tomato posted:

Petty infighting turns into $$ for the site for maintenance and whatever. It's really quite genius.

And yeah, don't worry Tony, we're all big supporters of Amazon here. I've been paying tax forever since I'm a WA resident and its still where I do the bulk of my shopping and, increasingly, digital downloads.

No worries, not worried. Just surprised that someone would go through all the expense and trouble of making a semi-public statement without actually taking credit for it...

The Machine posted:

Tony, what's the lowest we can expect Binary Domain? I think that and Dishonored are the only other games I need from this year to round out other's GOTY noms.

We just ran it for $9.99 and that was the lowest price planned in December. I'm pushing for deeper on that title though.

Rirse posted:

I doubt there is a way to somehow get Steam keys for Kingdom of Amular? I know it's a EA game, but the Steam version actually has achievements and such. But that version still $60 and probably will remain that amount since Rhode Island is supposedly the one in charge of discounting that version.

I'm working on getting in touch with Rhode Island (not a joke).

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Protocol7 posted:

What did Amazon Tony do to you, anonymous jerk!?

I don't know but when I find out who did this to him I'm going to hunt them down and give them a noogie that's going to hurt like hell.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I bet it was Radium.

Semi-related to video games but is Amazon going to price match Toys R' Us on some console games? That new Zelda game is about $29 there right now.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

parasyte posted:

The UK stuff is, but 'avoiding sales tax' is actually tax evasion on the part of each consumer doing it.

Now IANAL, but I'm pretty sure the legal responsibility for making sure sales tax is paid is on the seller and not the buyer, since the seller is the one actually turning in the tax money to the government...

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Thanks for this informative thread and detailed OP! Do you have any plans for more Heart of the Swarm beta key giveaways? Also, will we see Civ5: Gods and Kings expansion for $5?

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
I don't know about the sales tax stuff, but the UK tax avoidance is a pretty massive cause célèbre in the UK right now, what with the tax paid on the sales in the billions literally being nil for some recent years.

Of course what people aren't talking about is that Google is in the same boat, but nobody wants to boycott Google because how the gently caress would you do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Y Kant Ozma Post posted:

I don't know but when I find out who did this to him I'm going to hunt them down and give them a noogie that's going to hurt like hell.

:ssh: I was told it was het. You didn't hear that from me though.

Also Amazon Tony: How long is Persona 4 Arena going to be on sale? $21 is too good to pass up but I spent all of my money until next paycheck on my family for Christmas.

• Locked thread