Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Sir Joseph Banksy posted:

Bro Keetron, for some reason I always thought you were an Aussie until I read your member numbers (Nederlands, maybe? :splotter: )

Nederlands indeed, La Bien Aimée no 2, Amsterdam. Are we Bbr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Following up on the previous discussion in thread in regards to UGLE and trans people, congratulations to Vivian Beckford who was installed in Musket, Pipe & Drum Lodge in the Province of Derbyshire. So far as I know she is the first woman to be Master of a regular lodge? The post says "leader of the Lodge" which really makes me wonder if they are shying away from "Master" as being gendered?

https://www.facebook.com/DerbysCraftPGL/posts/pfbid0t5QcYq1ZKBzewDYaa9Pfu4maEqf8K6vzUSx9sPNiuCHqV9M5hoMSFmKoboPzknjel

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I was VERY hesitant to scroll down and see the comments... But they were all positive! That warms my heart.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm presuming they have been deleting unkind comments. That post has certainly been shared in many other places where they aren't being deleted.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Yeah, their were a few comments from outraged americans a few hours back which are gone now, but tons of nice ones.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

It makes me proud to be a member of the Province of Derbyshire!!

The APGM and Grand Mentor in those pictures are members of my Craft Lodge, I'll be sure to pass on the compliments and even ask if the "Master" thing is something we are doing now.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Well done your bros

someone here must be in the star wars lodge can I visit pls

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Anyone been to any lodges in manhattan? I haven’t been active in about five years, but i’m curious what they got going on in the city. There are a ton of different lodges at the Grand Lodge, and I’m trying to sus out the vibe of each

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Head Bee Guy posted:

Anyone been to any lodges in manhattan? I haven’t been active in about five years, but i’m curious what they got going on in the city. There are a ton of different lodges at the Grand Lodge, and I’m trying to sus out the vibe of each

I am on Long Island so I don't know any specific lodges there, but I know a guy who works at the library. If you can get a tour of the Grand Lodge building you absolutely should, its amazing.

Oh, Garabaldi lodge is doing a 1st degree soon in Manhattan. You really should try to get tickets to see that, its very different from any 1st degree you've ever seen.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

Cimber posted:

I am on Long Island so I don't know any specific lodges there, but I know a guy who works at the library. If you can get a tour of the Grand Lodge building you absolutely should, its amazing.

Oh, Garabaldi lodge is doing a 1st degree soon in Manhattan. You really should try to get tickets to see that, its very different from any 1st degree you've ever seen.

is that the one done in Italian?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Head Bee Guy posted:

is that the one done in Italian?

Yeah, and in a very dramatic style that is impressive. Brother's come from all over the east coast to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

1x AC delivered. I am Sir Lawrence bloody Olivier