Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's a weird instance where it's actually better than the CX (VRR? Gaming? HDMI2.1?) so certain people look for it over the CX. Also it's usually cheaper while offering almost identical performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Yeah, I don't game on my TV - just watch classic film - so, a CX is fine by me. Even a C8 would be ok. Just not thrilled about paying over 2k.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Anyone own the 77" LG CX? I'm thinking of signing up for a Costco membership to take advantage of their 5yr warranty (with free $100 Squaretrade 3yr warranty stacking on top of Costco's own 2yr warranty). From what I gather in this thread it sounds like the CX is an ideal choice for mixed usage PS5/movies/tv/sports. It's a chunk of change but I was already planning on upgrading to OLED at some point in the near future and I'm prepared to spoil myself.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

doctorthefonz posted:

Anyone own the 77" LG CX? I'm thinking of signing up for a Costco membership to take advantage of their 5yr warranty (with free $100 Squaretrade 3yr warranty stacking on top of Costco's own 2yr warranty). From what I gather in this thread it sounds like the CX is an ideal choice for mixed usage PS5/movies/tv/sports. It's a chunk of change but I was already planning on upgrading to OLED at some point in the near future and I'm prepared to spoil myself.

I ordered one from Costco online on August 17th. The estimated delivery was August 23rd. The TV shipped from Costco and I got the shipment email on August 21st. The subcontractor shipping company was Ceva Logistics and I got a tracking number from them, when I checked it on their website I got a message that the delivery would need to be scheduled and that I would be contacted in the next 48 hours.

Nothing has changed since then. I've had three phone calls for a total of over 4 hours wait and call time. I was told that the item was received by Ceva on August 27th, and that the actual 48 hour window was supposed to start with them at that point, and to be generous I should have heard from them by September 4th. I did not hear from them. For a while when calling Costco, they couldn't get through to Ceva at all to find out more information.

This past Friday I escalated to a supervisor, who finally managed to get through to Ceva, and was told they would contact me within 24-48 hours (I was told Ceva does business over the weekend, so Saturday and Sunday counted in that time window), and if I didn't get contacted then the supervisor would reach out to me today. No contact again from Ceva, and I'm currently waiting out today to see if the Costco supervisor does indeed follow up like she promised.

For over the past month it's been a constant game of "wait a little more", and I understand Covid affects things but the lack of information and the lack of follow-up is absolutely unacceptable. I am 99% sure I will not be contacted by Ceva today, and I'm 50% confident the supervisor will forget or otherwise not follow up with me today, so it's likely tomorrow I will spend another hour or so processing a refund.

My recommendation to you is to buy in store, because this shipping issue is a loving nightmare, and now the cost of the TV has gone back up, so I can't even take my business somewhere else without eating a $200 loss. I'm probably going to wait until Black Friday-Cyber Monday to see if the set takes another price dip.

Listerine fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 21, 2020

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Listerine posted:

I ordered one from Costco online on August 17th. The estimated delivery was August 23rd. The TV shipped from Costco and I got the shipment email on August 21st. The subcontractor shipping company was Ceva Logistics and I got a tracking number from them, when I checked it on their website I got a message that the delivery would need to be scheduled and that I would be contacted in the next 48 hours.

Nothing has changed since then. I've had three phone calls for a total of over 4 hours wait and call time. I was told that the item was received by Ceva on August 27th, and that the actual 48 hour window was supposed to start with them at that point, and to be generous I should have heard from them by September 4th. I did not hear from them. For a while when calling Costco, they couldn't get through to Ceva at all to find out more information.

This past Friday I escalated to a supervisor, who finally managed to get through to Ceva, and was told they would contact me within 24-48 hours (I was told Ceva does business over the weekend, so Saturday and Sunday counted in that time window), and if I didn't get contacted then the supervisor would reach out to me today. No contact again from Ceva, and I'm currently waiting out today to see if the Costco supervisor does indeed follow up like she promised.

For over the past month it's been a constant game of "wait a little more", and I understand Covid affects things but the lack of information and the lack of follow-up is absolutely unacceptable. I am 99% sure I will not be contacted by Ceva today, and I'm 50% confident the supervisor will forget or otherwise not follow up with me today, so it's likely tomorrow I will spend another hour or so processing a refund.

My recommendation to you is to buy in store, because this shipping issue is a loving nightmare, and now the cost of the TV has gone back up, so I can't even take my business somewhere else without eating a $200 loss. I'm probably going to wait until Black Friday-Cyber Monday to see if the set takes another price dip.

Jesus, what a pain in the rear end. Thankfully I've got a Costco nearby and my plan was to mask up and go to the physical store, maybe see if I can squeeze any extra value out of a human salesperson if possible but also just for peace of mind.

I ordered my TCL from a third party (Electronic Express) on Amazon during the Summer of '18. Shipped from Nashville to Portland, took a little less than two weeks. I took the whole day off of work to receive it since the delivery window was like 6 hours long. I cleared out all the space I could in my tiny apartment, got the box off around the TV and... the panel was practically shattered, didn't even bother plugging it in it was damaged so badly. To the seller's credit, I was able to get on the horn and explain what happened and they replaced it at no dollar cost to me (after two more gd weeks) but gently caress that was such a powerful bummer.

The 77" shows it weighs about 80lbs altogether so I'm gonna pony up the $20 for 'set up' mostly so I'll have another person to give me a hand just putting it up on my TV stand but also so I can confirm whether the panel is hosed from the getgo. The 65" TCL was easier to move than my ten year old Panasonic plasma though. Looks like the bigass OLED is even heavier but I'm not sure I can manhandle something of its size & fragility alone.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

doctorthefonz posted:

The 77" shows it weighs about 80lbs altogether so I'm gonna pony up the $20 for 'set up' mostly so I'll have another person to give me a hand just putting it up on my TV stand but also so I can confirm whether the panel is hosed from the getgo. The 65" TCL was easier to move than my ten year old Panasonic plasma though. Looks like the bigass OLED is even heavier but I'm not sure I can manhandle something of its size & fragility alone.

The extra $20 for setup is with the shipping option though, I don't think it's for pickup in store, and it's another black box for me at this point because Ceva says on their website that they're only doing threshold delivery and not in-house. I paid for it, but if magically I suddenly get a delivery date, I don't know if these jokers will actually do the setup- I'd like the base attached at least, I can carry it into the house. I'm drat sure not signing for a delivery until I make sure the panel works- and I'm not accepting a delivery if the box is noticeably damaged.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Out of the 3 TCL's I've ordered for family from Amazon, 2 had shattered screens. This was last year.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
I know you guys are saving money, but it seems like having a tv delivered is such a pain in the rear end versus just going to the store and picking it up.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

TheWevel posted:

I know you guys are saving money, but it seems like having a tv delivered is such a pain in the rear end versus just going to the store and picking it up.

Renting a truck, etc is a pain in the rear end too.

My OLED arrived without damage a few years back though.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Listerine posted:

The extra $20 for setup is with the shipping option though, I don't think it's for pickup in store, and it's another black box for me at this point because Ceva says on their website that they're only doing threshold delivery and not in-house. I paid for it, but if magically I suddenly get a delivery date, I don't know if these jokers will actually do the setup- I'd like the base attached at least, I can carry it into the house. I'm drat sure not signing for a delivery until I make sure the panel works- and I'm not accepting a delivery if the box is noticeably damaged.

Oh yeah I wasn't clear on that--I'm gonna go to the physical Costco to order it to be shipped, I don't own a vehicle large enough to fit the box it would come in. Wouldn't have been able to fit the 65" TCL for that matter either.

e: yeah if I owned a big enough vehicle I'd just do in-store pickup but these boxes are huge

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

doctorthefonz posted:

I had a 77" CX delivered from BuyDig. Took about a week to get to me, they brought it into the house.

I really like it so far, but mine DOES have an avocado shaped dark spot that only occassionally shows up on full gray screens; from a bit of googling, this issue seems epidemic. I only ever see it on screen transitions (ie, displaying an image, then the whole screen goes 'dark' but really it's like 1% grey instead of just turning off all the pixels) never in real content.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
My noodle-armed fiancée carried in a 65” BX a couple weeks ago, I think she was close to a heart attack from the second the driver asked for her help getting it inside. It was ordered from BuyDig and although the shipping was a tiny bit longer than initially expected, it got here in one piece and looks great. Pretty horrifying trying to put the base on without a table large enough to encircle the bezel; I ended up laying it face-down on the box with some of the styrofoam holding up the bottom end enough to fit the base under. Absolutely worth it, though.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

After a lot of looking and research I think i'm going with a TCL 5 series 55 inch (2020). I like the six series, but considering I'm sitting within six feet of the TV (tiny apartment) and will be straight on with it, the viewing angle doesn't matter, and I save $200 bucks going with the lower option. Also, I'll be playing the PS5 on it, (mostly games and watching HBO and movies and what not). Happy with my choice, and now I can grab a cheap sound bar to go with it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

These delivery stories have me apprehensive. I’m having mine delivered via Best Buy on the 2nd because no stores had any in stock. I hope it arrives on time and blemish free.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Thom Yorke raps posted:

I had a 77" CX delivered from BuyDig. Took about a week to get to me, they brought it into the house.

I really like it so far, but mine DOES have an avocado shaped dark spot that only occassionally shows up on full gray screens; from a bit of googling, this issue seems epidemic. I only ever see it on screen transitions (ie, displaying an image, then the whole screen goes 'dark' but really it's like 1% grey instead of just turning off all the pixels) never in real content.

Interesting, care to share any links to pictures if it's possible to capture?

man nurse posted:

These delivery stories have me apprehensive. I’m having mine delivered via Best Buy on the 2nd because no stores had any in stock. I hope it arrives on time and blemish free.

With a big company like Best Buy who also has b&m stores, I'd be less worried than I was when I went through Amazon for example. Should be easier to get someone on the phone or go in-person if it arrives damaged. These TVs are so big though that it kind of doesn't surprise me that they get damaged in shipping so often. They're also shipped from the vendor to the store you're buying it from just to get shipped again so there's that handling chain to consider. Blech

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Between what seems like a high defect/return/failure rate, plus how common shipping damage is, there must be giant mountains of broken/rejected/returned LCD TVs somewhere. Are the components recyclable?

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Number_6 posted:

Between what seems like a high defect/return/failure rate, plus how common shipping damage is, there must be giant mountains of broken/rejected/returned LCD TVs somewhere. Are the components recyclable?

I'm curious about this too. Gonna try to give away my borked TCL before I think about trashing it. So much metal, and electrics

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Did I get into some A/B Amazon group earlier this year? Ordered a $900 65" Vizio TV, chose free wall mounting, two guys showed up with the TV like two days later and installed and setup everything, took a photo to show it was in full working order, carted all the trash out with them.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSpxxuR8H7U
It seems like the Hisense H9G is the winner over the TCL 6 series on the good budget tv showdown this year.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Three Olives posted:

Did I get into some A/B Amazon group earlier this year? Ordered a $900 65" Vizio TV, chose free wall mounting, two guys showed up with the TV like two days later and installed and setup everything, took a photo to show it was in full working order, carted all the trash out with them.

Amazon TV delivery used to include unboxing. My last two TVs, purchased in 2007 and 2012, were through Amazon and the delivery guys took the TV out, put it on the stand, plugged it in and ensured that it turned on.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

I hope that this is the right thread for this:

So I'm finally getting two new TVs this fall, likely the Sony X900H, 55" and 65".

I was also able to preorder a PS5. I have a Nintendo Switch and a PS4.

I want to be able to watch TV and play on my consoles while sometimes using wireless headphones. I know nothing about wireless headphones (I have a pair of wired Beyerdynamics permanently hooked up to my gaming PC).

Would I use a gaming headset with a USB dongle? Would that work with the TV? My consoles?

Would I use Bluetooth? I heard that Bluetooth is often shoddy on headphones, even more expensive ones.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The PS4 and Switch can both use a wireless dongle through their usb port (my Sony Golds work with both, though only Sony has the proprietary virtual surround).

You'll have to check your television's manual to see if a dongle or Bluetooth is supported, but my headset doesn't work with the H9G.

The PS5 will have a "Pulse" headset available for purchase at launch (looks like their plat headphones with a reskin), but I haven't read if it's Bluetooth or dongle.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 22, 2020

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

booseek posted:

I hope that this is the right thread for this:

I want to be able to watch TV and play on my consoles while sometimes using wireless headphones.
I have a pair of Astro A50s that were refurbished and what I do is I connect the Optical Out from my TV to the A50 receiver box. I keep the USB power source from the TV, else I need to switch the PS4 on when I want to use it. If I need to Voice hat, just plug the USB into the PS4 ports.

Works great for TV watching, though my TV can't do both HDMI Arc and output to Optical so there's a small menu trip to enable the headset audio.

The optical port on the A50 base is apparently what lets you balance the Game Audio and Chat Audio. Since the PS5 lacks optocal there's supposed to be a dongle to help with that or something.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

The PS4 and Switch can both use a wireless dongle through their usb port (my Sony Golds work with both, though only Sony has the proprietary virtual surround).

You'll have to check your television's manual to see if a dongle or Bluetooth is supported, but my headset doesn't work with the H9G.

The PS5 will have a "Pulse" headset available for purchase at launch (looks like their plat headphones with a reskin), but I haven't read if it's Bluetooth or dongle.

Thanks.

When connecting a dongle to the PS4 or Switch in docked mode, will the TV sound cut out the way I expect it to?

Is the H9G the X900H or similar? When you say it doesn't work, why? Is it because it can't accept a dongle or because there's no Bluetooth?

FilthyImp posted:

I have a pair of Astro A50s that were refurbished and what I do is I connect the Optical Out from my TV to the A50 receiver box. I keep the USB power source from the TV, else I need to switch the PS4 on when I want to use it. If I need to Voice hat, just plug the USB into the PS4 ports.

Works great for TV watching, though my TV can't do both HDMI Arc and output to Optical so there's a small menu trip to enable the headset audio.

The optical port on the A50 base is apparently what lets you balance the Game Audio and Chat Audio. Since the PS5 lacks optocal there's supposed to be a dongle to help with that or something.

What exactly is a receiver box? The USB power source - is that the dongle? The headphones are battery operated?

If I'm not concerned about voice chat, would the simplest solution be Bluetooth if I don't want to switch stuff around/do menu stuff? If so, how would that work? If pairing Bluetooth with the TV, the TV sound will cut from the speakers, and regardless whether I'm playing a console or watching a show, the sound will simply come from the headphones instead of the speakers? I assume that Bluetooth does not directly work with consoles.

Lots of questions, sorry - primarily a PC person.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

booseek posted:

What exactly is a receiver box? The USB power source - is that the dongle? The headphones are battery operated?

If I'm not concerned about voice chat, would the simplest solution be Bluetooth if I don't want to switch stuff around/do menu stuff? If so, how would that work? If pairing Bluetooth with the TV, the TV sound will cut from the speakers, and regardless whether I'm playing a console or watching a show, the sound will simply come from the headphones instead of the speakers? I assume that Bluetooth does not directly work with consoles.

Lots of questions, sorry - primarily a PC person.
No worries. Check the Astro website to get an idea of what I mean.

The receiver box is the base station the headphones drop into. The 50s have these pins at the base that aligns with pins on the ear up bottoms that recharge the battery in the headset. It also houses the transmitter that lets the headphones be wireless, as well as providing optical in/out, USB in, and aux-in.

Yeah, you could do Bluetooth. I've had trouble with latency in bluetooth to TV stuff. My chi-fi earbuds also don't stereo sync to the TV so Bluetooth has never been a great option for me. But yeah, ideally (depending on the tv) you would select Bluetooth and the audio would cut from the TV speakers and go straight to your BT solution.

And no, AFAIK the consoles have proprietary or differing standards so no BT sync

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

booseek posted:

Thanks.

When connecting a dongle to the PS4 or Switch in docked mode, will the TV sound cut out the way I expect it to?

Is the H9G the X900H or similar? When you say it doesn't work, why? Is it because it can't accept a dongle or because there's no Bluetooth?

1.) Yes, the sound cuts out; good for late night gaming. If the headset is turned off, audio works as normal, so you can leave the dongle plugged in.
2.) They're similar in that they both use Android TV os. If the Sony is like my H9G, plugging the dongle into a usb port doesn't do anything automatically, nor opens up an option in the sound settings to output through it. As for Bluetooth, there's an option for it on my tv, bit it's greyed out, and I don't know how to turn it on :effort:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 22, 2020

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Thank you for the responses.

I've read about Bluetooth issues with different headphones so I'm a bit hesitant to drop $200 on a pair to have it work poorly or just stop working a few months later.

When using a transmitter, would that be the same connection as a sound bar? Would I have to plug/unplug them when switching?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I've got a chance to get a hundred & a bit off a samsung 8-series 65". I don't know a bit about TVs nowadays, are there any real red flags here? Mostly for video games, planning to wall-mount it.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Animale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSpxxuR8H7U
It seems like the Hisense H9G is the winner over the TCL 6 series on the good budget tv showdown this year.

Hisense quality control is still garbage though from what I understand.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

booseek posted:

When using a transmitter, would that be the same connection as a sound bar? Would I have to plug/unplug them when switching?
It's possible if you're running Optical to your soundbar (you shouldn't, you should run HDMI ARC to that). But even so, the product I have has an Optical pass-through port so it can be in between the TV and Sound Bar.

You could unplug it from the USB when you're not using it if you worry about the miniscule power draw. I just keep it in since it's more convenient for me.

Unfortunately the LG TV I have requires me to switch out of ARC to enable the optical port. My older Samsung just output to both at all times and was slightly more friendly since I need to click through the sound menu now.

My wife's used her AirPods and she felt it was adequate enough.

Ciaphas posted:

I don't know a bit about TVs nowadays, are there any real red flags here? Mostly for video games, planning to wall-mount it.
Looks affordable, but if you want to do the next gen systems look for something with VRR (variable refresh rate, like GSync). Something with HDMI eARC might be cool but not a deal breaker. Oh, and HDMI 2.1 ports.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 23, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

You mean TVs are actually moving past 60hz instead of that faux 240hz!!!!! tweenframe bullshit? Well how about that.

Anyway thanks, especially for the terminology; most of my gaming is on Switch or PC and I'm not too worried about future-proofing, but I'll look around anyway.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 23, 2020

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I've got a chance to get a hundred & a bit off a samsung 8-series 65". I don't know a bit about TVs nowadays, are there any real red flags here? Mostly for video games, planning to wall-mount it.

Red flags:
- Not qled (less colour accurate, less colors overall)
- Not as bright as qled models, so HDR content suffers
- Doesn't have HDMI 2.1 (not a big deal since the panel is 60Hz, but you lose variable refresh rate sync)
- No local dimming for a wider contrast ratio or making highlights pop
- Bad color banding (gradient performance), according to rtings.com (I could actually see it on my monitor with their sample; usually I can't tell)
- Mediocre response time
- Vignetting in the corners and mediocre grey uniformity (may be an issue with sports/large patches of uniform color)

For the same list price on Best Buy ($699), you can get a Hisense H8G, which is better in every one of those except having HDMI 2.1.

Bright side: It has input lag rivaling a PC monitor at sub-10ms. 25ms with motion interpolation, which would make BotW look 60 fps :haw:.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ciaphas posted:

You mean TVs are actually moving past 60hz instead of that faux 240hz!!!!! tweenframe bullshit? Well how about that.

The main reason for 240hz and 600hz refresh rates are due to lowest common denominator for the existing framerates that are used (600hz is for EU/AU etc where they need to incorporate 25/50 also), the interpolation junk can do one for sure though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

Bright side: It has input lag rivaling a PC monitor at sub-10ms. 25ms with motion interpolation, which would make BotW look 60 fps :haw:.

lol nice

(interpolation, drat, that's the word, couldn't think of it. it can eat a bag of hell, for sure)

Thanks for the great details and the alternate suggestion!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I am having a lot of trouble not pulling the trigger on this. I am terrified of the reports of the refurbs failing and people having to pay the price of another 65" OLED to repair it. But man, that price.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Refurb of an OLED is scary. Refurb of a 3 year old OLED is even scarier.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

The new one is over $1000 more. I have like zero chance of burn in because I only watch film. I guess I'm more worried about electronics or panel failure.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

The new one is over $1000 more. I have like zero chance of burn in because I only watch film. I guess I'm more worried about electronics or panel failure.

I'd only worry about the panel. You can get the electronics for cheap and easily fix them. I replaced all the boards on my C6 after a lightning strike took it out and it works great again.

reL
May 20, 2007
Looking for recommendations, and noting that I don't see people talking too much about Vizios in this thread, and I'm curious as to why. Is it a no half-measures kinda thing? Has vizio slipped into the "too expensive to be worth getting if you're not getting an OLED" territory? I've been doing some TV research recently, as I'm looking to replace my 9 year old 46 inch Samsung. I'm thinking of going high-end LED, and from this thread it seems like most people looking to spend $$ on a TV are by default pointed towards OLED, and then everyone else pointed towards TCL or hisense. The reviews from 2019 model year vizios seem solid, and they're still cheaper than other comparable TVs, I think. I guess, I don't know, really, that's why I'm here.

Is there a place for a P Series Quantum X, or even just P Series Quantum, or has Vizio gotten too big for its britches? I'm looking only at the newest models that added VRR and HDMI 2.1 inputs and all that fun future "proofing" stuff.

note that I don't care about the UI, really, as I have an nvidia shield that would be 99% of my UI use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

reL posted:

Is there a place for a P Series Quantum X, or even just P Series Quantum, or has Vizio gotten too big for its britches?
The 65" QPX is like $1,000 and the 55" CX is $1,500. At that price point, ut's arguably worth the extra 500 if you don't need need need the bigger screen.

I think the PQX is fine if you're looking for something that will be sitting in a very brightly lit room or will have a serious amount of sun on it for any amount of time. Or maybe even if you're doing PC related work or streaming on it with a fixed UI, since it won't be in danger of burn-in.

I think the thing is that the OLEDs are such an enormous leap compared to LEDs that it's hard to settle.