Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

wolrah posted:

Moved in to my new place, the projector definitely doesn't fit here, so it's time to get a new TV now.

Here's my old 52LG60 "Scarlet" for a size reference, the main chassis is 50.4" wide and 35.3" tall .

edit: I bought the 65" CX. gently caress this is a beautiful TV.

How is the sound compared to Scarlet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

but for this room right now the main consideration was wanting something that fits as flush as possible to the wall.

The you should have gotten lg wx or g1

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

Would have only cost 50% more as well.

"main consideration was wanting something that fits as flush as possible to the wall."

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

The good one, or the new one?

There is a good one?

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

qirex posted:

A thousand dollars can get you something like this receiver, a pair of these and stands. There are single box solutions like the Sonos Amp or Bluesound Powernode that are more decor friendly as well.

How to get Atmos/DTS to something like that?

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

Fixins posted:

Hey all I just bought a C1, but won't have time to set it up until tomorrow night. My question is this though: I heard the built in audio is really good on it, to the point where it might be better than my Sonos Playbase? Is that true? I'd love to not have to deal with a sound bar.

If you set them to cinema they are good. If set to AI as is the defaut they are awful.

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

The thing with Google/Android TV is that it's the only one with propper app sideloading.

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

Iirc on LG if you don't agree to any agreements it runs in dumb mode.
There is also the possibility of getting an business/industrial version of the TV. They cost couple times more, but have no adds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

bull3964 posted:

I would so buy a 77" CX or C1 in a heartbeat, but I'm not quite ready to give up on 3d yet.

Get a Quest 2.