Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Any reason I should avoid the Sony 60" 1080p 120Hz 3D LED Smart TV (KDL60W840B)? Just noticed I can do a 10% price beat guarantee and get it for $1,700 Cdn.

I love my current Sony XBR but 46 inches seems so small now, and wife has suddenly decided she's a TV watcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Tide posted:

I've got pretty good eyes, but is there a noticeable difference between 720p and 1080p at the 4'-6' distance? I don't want it to look just "okay", I want it to look great. Would prefer a dumb TV at 60hz, rather than a smart TV at 120hz. Easy test would be to hook up the PS4 to the 720p 32" and see what it looks like but am mostly curious how much I would be missing out by not getting a 1080p of the same size.

Huge difference. I gave my 720p TV to my parents after buying a larger Sony XBR 1080p and now it seems like almost as much of a leap as CRT to HD.

And I decided against the TV I mentioned a few posts earlier after seeing it because even the downgrade within the 1080p Sony line is too much.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mill Village posted:

I think the first two TVs would be considered mid-range televisions, while the Sony is a top of the line TV. It does have deinterlacing features for 480i games as well. It does cost quite a bit more then the other TVs, though.

The Sony one is not even close to top of the line. See my post above yours, I was just "meh"ing at the 2014 model 60" 120mhz KDL: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sony-sony-60-1080p-120hz-3d-led-smart-tv-kdl60w840b-kdl60w840b/10288942.aspx

This one is top of the line: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/product/sony-sony-65-4k-ultra-hd-120hz-smart-3d-led-tv-xbr65x900a-xbr65x900a/10245466.aspx

I don't know enough to help with your question, but only two HDMI ports would send me running in the opposite direction on all three.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Was browsing Future Shop (Canada's Best Buy) and noticed they have a $40,000 TV for sale. Holy Moley

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/prod...9b33b5d7bd5en02

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally pulled the trigger after months of humming and hawing

65" Samsung UN65H7150. $700 off in :canada: right now

Couldn't be happier. Exceeded expectations. Even the Smart TV stuff isn't garbage!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a photo of a TV screen actually look clear like that.

That was just an ad on regular HD cable taken with a phone camera. It's really incredible in person with any new footage. Pre-1080p standard video looks like garbage though all blown up.

Suddenly I'm way better at Battlefield 4 too. I see any movement immediately.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Phone posted:

After missing out on a 65" then 60" Samsung 6350 series TV, I watched Slick deals like a hawk and picked up a 55" 6350 for $820 after tax and 5% discount. I also won the panel lottery and got the nice Samsung panel.

Everything has been awesome so far outside of the remote. I need to figure out what to do about sound, though.

How do you tell what panel you have?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Phone posted:

Look at the Version on the back of the box. There's a 4 character code, and someone has a table somewhere. Mine's TH01 and it means that Samsung made the panel.

This is from last year on avsforums:

TH01, phew, now I can not worry about something I didn't even know about when I bought the TV.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bonobos posted:

If you are gaming that's no contest, get the Sony. The w802a reportedly one of the smallest input lags of any tv in its size. You want this for gaming. Otherwise you will get annoying delays before your button presses are registered.

Do any new higher end tvs really have bad input lag anymore? My new Samsung UN65H7150 is supposed to be mediocre according to rtings but it's just as good as my Sony XBR, and I play lots of twitch games (FPSes/sports).

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

GreenNight posted:

Not with Vizio. All of their bezels are the same. I think some of the high end Samsungs are matte, but they are $2000+.

High end Samsung bezels are so small it doesn't even matter what they are.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pain of Mind posted:

I just purchased a LED 65" Samsung UN65H7150 but it has not been delivered yet. Does anyone have knowledge/experiences with this line? Also, I recall seeing talk about different panel manufacturers for Samsung, anyone know how likely this model's panel will be made in a Samsung factory?

I have this exact TV. Mine was a Samsung panel and I didn't even know it was possible to be anything else until later. If you're ordering it online it may be tougher to find out ahead of time, but the sticker on the box has to say certain letters. I'd tell you what letters but AVS forum is down right now. Here's the thread, ignore the spergs and vocal minorities worrying about various issues - it's a great tv once you turn off all the Samsung junk. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1527547/official-samsung-unxxh7150-unxxh7100af-owners-thread

A few photos I just took

NBA 2k14 video game

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dr Tran posted:

What the fudge

Fyad challenge

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

MMD3 posted:

so I know this was covered relatively recently but the last time I asked I wasn't ready to pull the trigger and now I am...

I'm looking for the best Sony or Samsung 65" (willing to go down to 60" if there's a huge price difference) 1080p display in the $2000 or under range.

Last time I asked the tv I was pointed to was the Sony KDL65W-850A, unfortunately it's not available on Amazon anymore but it looks like it may be available at Best Buy for $1699.

Are there any better options in the price range or is this still the best set?

Samsung UN65H7150 is $2,000 in the US I believe. See my photos earlier on the page.

My brother has the Sony you're considering (smaller size) and I don't like it as much, even though I originally wanted a Sony TV.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

MMD3 posted:

There's actually a like-new UN65H7150 on our local craigslist at the moment for $1750. I'm trying to weigh if it's worth buying it from a private seller to save $250. I did that with my current 40" samsung and it worked out fine for me, have never had a problem with it.

Doesn't seem like much of a discount for used electronics.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pain of Mind posted:

Just received the tv and set it up today. It had the Samsung panel as well. What do you mean by Samsung junk to turn off? I read through that link and just tried the most recent recommended settings (page 24/post 700). It looks pretty nice, though I noticed that for some reason some of the settings were ghosted and unable to be changed for me. One example was the HDMI black level; the guide recommended changing it to low, but I was unable to change it and it was set to the default of medium. Does the HDMI input matter? It suggested putting the cable box on 1, but I placed it into HDMI 2 because that is the order of the devices in the tv stand.

What settings are you using?

I forget what they call it but one of their features was causing "judders" if the camera was slowly panning over something. Anynet+ was also causing problems.

I'm just on the "movie" preset for calibration.

MMD3 posted:

I'm also curious how the latency is on the H7150's. One of the things I want to ensure I'm able to do w/ the tv is run steam streaming through a media pc of some sort.

Works great with Chromecast and Plex. No noticeable lag in PS4 games either.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 14, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Game mode is somewhere in there somewhere but it really, really downgrades the image quality and doesn't make the response any more snappy. Maybe I had it on the wrong input.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

JustJeff88 posted:

I would appreciate some Goon help in picking out a modest HDTV.

Laugh all you want, but my only television is a CRT monolith that I bought in 2007 that remains with me to this day. I'm about to move for something like the 11th time in the last 12 years or so, and I'm tired of schlepping that monstrosity with me. Also, I just received a WiiU as a gift and I would like to enjoy the graphical splendour of that system.

I should note that I don't watch television live, so this is purely for gaming. I have a PS2, original XBox, Wii, and now a WiiU as well. I spent a good hour+ at Best Buy today and apparently plasma TVs are the thing amongst hard-core gamers, but I think that that is mostly for the Call of Duty monkeys - I just want to play Mario games in bright colours. I really prefer the look of LED to plasma anyway (much more bright and striking), and I thought that perhaps a 120hz model would help avoid the stuttering that can happen with gaming systems. I was going to get just a 32" system as that is the viewable area on my current monstrosity, but I could see myself going into the low 40's. I just don't want to spend a huge amount on this TV as it's going to see fairly light use. I originally wanted one with a built-in DVD player, but now that I think of it I don't really need it with all of those game systems. Best Buy has a sale this week with a 42" LG (1080, 120) for $389 and, though it's a bit over my budget, I was really impressed with it in the store and the customer reviews on it have been very strong. Does this sound like a good fit for my needs, or do you have any other suggestions?

PS I know that upgrading to a HDTV will require changing cables for my PS2 and my X-Box (not sure what I need for my Wii yet). Is there a decent hub out there for component input? I already have one for A/V input, but that obviously won't work with a new TV and only the very large TVs these days have 4 HDMI inputs.

I honestly didn't laugh until you mentioned you wanted a built in DVD player.

Can't really help with your question except to say you generally get what you pay for. If $389 is over budget you may want to wait.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bull3964 posted:

It's really a common thing on all edge lit LCDs from $500 Vizios to $3000 Sonys. If you can't see it during normal viewing, don't drive yourself crazy about it.

If it really bothers you, buy a 2014 Vizio that's full array backlit.

Yeah I quickly learned to eliminate any TV that said "edge lit" during my recent hunt. They all look like poo poo.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

It's less than a gimmick than 3D since it doesn't really detract from the viewing experience but it probably won't catch on.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I watched a Tesla documentary that came with my UN65H7150 in 3D and haven't touched it since. Looked great but I just had expensive eye surgery so I don't have to watch TV with glasses on.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If I didn't have a Chromecast/PS4 I'd use my smart TV features all the time and I'm the type that thought it was a stupid gimmick too. They've come a long way.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Aphrodite posted:

It's probably cheaper to go over the border and stay 48 hours to get up to the $800 duty exemption bracket and bring a TV back. It's ridiculous.

My brother did this, and I would've too if I didn't have to book a co-op SUV to fit a 65 incher.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

suddenlyissoon posted:

As I said before, I get lost in the craziness of AVSForums but I recently have stumbled through a few people saying questioning why anyone would actually by an 4K TV when they will not be compatible with the final spec of UHD Blu-Ray or broadcast. I mean, that can't be completely true, right? These things have been on sale for 3 or 4 years now and they're being marketed this year as "future compatible". Surely they're not going to alienate an entire group of people (mainly the people who are buying 4K's during the holiday sales) in less than a year, right?

Generally it's a bad idea to buy the first versions of a new format. I bought a 720p TV when they were fairly new and my cable provider was still years away from providing HD service and I ended up buying another much better one four years later.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Martytoof posted:

What's the general consensus on 1080p upres'd to 4K? Is it going to look as comical as SD was when upres'd to HD?

I'm looking at replacing my 8+ year old Westinghouse (lol) HDTV and I figured if I'm going to spend the cash I may as well just go 4K at this point, unless we're expecting the price to start plummeting in the next 6 months. Anyway, all the demo units in stores are always running pristine 4K source material and all the sales people are "no it's going to look AMAZING" which is what I'd say too if I was trying to push a $2k+ TV

You're in Canada, right? Unless you buy a TV every 15 years like some sort of normal person, don't bother with 4K. Actually just don't bother with 4K, period.

Even if it's available in the US like five years from now, we're probably 10 years out.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Don Lapre posted:

There is 4k content right now. Netflix, YouTube, amazon soon, and there is a uhd only TV app coming out by the end of the year. There should ask be 4k BluRay next year

That being said, buy a 8500 plasma

...for Americans. We don't even have Amazon video at all yet. Or Hulu. Or 90% of Netflix.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I couldn't even get DirectTV to work regularly the one time I lived in a house and was allowed to put one up because there's so much thick cloud cover here all the god drat time. Here's a cam shot pointed at my area right now

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Don Lapre posted:

Clouds shouldn't really bother it too much. Probably just poor aiming.

They have to aim it at a pretty weird angle in west coast Canada since the satellites are all above the US northeast coast apparently.

It did work better in the summer when it isn't horrible here though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Input lag is a highly overrated topic from my experience. I have a Samsung H7150 which is supposed to be mediocre but I can still do this in Destiny (I'm leidend)

edit: vvv yeah I mean it isn't really an issue with modern TVs. Older TVs will be worse.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 26, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Aphrodite posted:

Also Destiny is floaty, weak Halo gameplay so it's not the best example.

It's a great example and takes skill and great reflexes to win in PvP. Also a really good exotic weapon helps. Praise be Pocket Infinity

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Loomer posted:

Meanwhile in Australia the only 4k telly in town costs 20,000. Of course it's also 84", but still, gently caress that. I just bought (going on a year now, actually) a 64" Samsung and I figure by the time 4k rolls around in proper numbers it'll be breaking down anyway. Going from one of the cheap-ish early plasmas to a high quality end-of-tech one was mindblowing incidentally.

Only $20k? Buy buy buy!

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/product/samsung-samsung-85-s9000-series-120hz-4k-ultra-smart-tv-un85s9afxzc-un85s9afxzc/10247699.aspx

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Don Lapre posted:

The reason not to go above fireplaces is its simply so freaking high up. Tv's should be eye level.

Agreed, I hated having my TV high up. It baffles me how people see that as a natural place to put it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I've had three smart TVs from Sharp, Sony and Samsung and none have forced anything on me. But of course in Canada most of the services don't work anyway, and you have to get digital cable or something similar.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wise choice. 4k is a non-factor for a long time and I love my 7150. Some sample shots from a while ago

That's all regular cable tv.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 30, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Kaedric posted:

Based on that link the input lag is 43.4ms on the 7150. I have been looking for a TV to put up in my loft for video games with the kids, does that rule it out as a contender? Are there better options for a large TV for this purpose given that I don't care about 3d or about 4k?

EDIT: Also, the 51" 8500 is 999 bucks right now. Is that a steal? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...90071&cp=1&lp=1

Response time is not a problem. Here's a sample of me destroying everyone in Destiny with the 7150, not in game mode (I'm leidend)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If you live near the border, just drive across and grab one. My brother did this and I would have too if I could fit a 65" incher in my car.

Also Koreans make the best monitors these days so it's kinda funny to include that when talking about quality in a negative light.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

edit: misread

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My reaction while watching this:

Start: "hmm, doesn't look much different than current TVs."

At the 40 second mark "how the gently caress is that possible"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMSMjapwr4M

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Don Lapre posted:

LG's oled tv 2 years ago was 4mm

Well maybe you should have posted a youtube then jerk

BonoMan posted:

They don't go far enough around to show the bulge in the lower back I'm guessing.

That's true, it's not showing the whole thing.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Constellation I posted:

Yeah, from TV hunting in the past couple of months, all the research I've found is that all these thin TV's have horrible flashlighting, black uniformity, grey uniformity and sound. It probably contributes to why most of the TVs nowadays have such lovely build quality. The race to getting them thinner and thinner is getting pretty ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if it doesn't hurt the quality, but it does.

I understand the need for it for laptops, phones and tablets but for a TV? Eh, it's impressive for like the first hour but a thicker TV isn't a dealbreaker even if you consider wall-mounting.

If you read places like avsforum you'll get the impression that every TV is a piece of poo poo and get purchasing paralysis. Be wary of that.

Modern TVs are actually really great and you generally get what you pay for. The problem here is people often try to go too cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

What's the goon opinion on DisplayPort? I had to get a new video card to get my computer monitor to work in 4k.