Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

Iron Lung posted:

Thanks! I think I may actually grab the TCL 49" S405. Seems like its pretty comparable to the samsung I linked but cheaper. A 55" would be way too huge for our place I think.
This one is in stock in case you do want a 55" TCL:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071L7ZW2X/

I think the difference is the design and I don't see it mentioned, but my 807 came with a soundbar type speaker built in to the front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

I pay $160 a month for cable, but I also get 1GB Internet with the package which is most of the cost and work covers $100 of that. So for $60 a month I get 2 DVRs, most movie channels, and HBO Max is included as is the peakcock channel. I don't watch much TV though but it's cheaper than having a bunch of streaming services and I mainly use it for baseball anyway.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

There are some titles already that are 120hz, like Cod and I think Siege, but also people with 3 series nVidia cards can now get better than 60fps on an Oled TV and combined with VRR is a big seller for me. I'm just waiting to see the full 2021 offerings to device if I get a CX series or wait for the C1.

Edit: I am pretty sure at this point I will be replacing my monitor with a 48" LG CX, but I may wait for the 42.

Rusty fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 11, 2021

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

I bought an LG C1 today, it's really something else seeing it after using a TCL for 3 years. I'm not a big fan of the OS though, the home screen is cluttered and full of stuff I don't use. The pointy remote is also not great, but you can also use use the arrows so that's fine, wish it lit up in the dark though. Overall, well worth the money. I was going to ust get a CX, but I got the 55" C1 for $1500, so only $200 more than the CX they were selling.

My first thing I am doing is streaming a baseball game on the xfninity app lol. I'm going to try some PC games when I get my HDMI 2.1 cable though.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

I just got an OLED as well and the neat thing about OLEDs is that everything looks better since all blacks have that inky black, where something like HDR you need content created for it. I have only watched baseball and played some games and it always blows me away.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

My C1 had this option for game mode and also just normal picture settings as well. I haven't used it though.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

Best Buy retail for the 55" C1 shows it as $1800, but I was able to get one from Video Only for $1500 for what it's worth.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

Internet Explorer posted:

Experiencing something odd with my new LG C1 and I figured I'd start here to make sure it wasn't something stupid. Have been watching the TV with no problems, but while watching Critical Role for the first time on it I noticed that it would go really dim for a few minutes, then brighten back up. Is it possible it has something to do with the overlay they use and the TV detecting some sort of static image and avoiding burn-in? I tried a couple of the different preset picture settings and didn't notice too much of a difference. Any thoughts?? It's my first OLED TV so I'm new to a lot of the fancy things on it.

[edit: It seemed to brighten back up when as soon as I went into the TV menus.]
Do you have the AI brightness setting on? General - > AI Service -> AI Brightness? I turned all that stuff off.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

I wall mounted my C1 by myself, which was scary, but I got it done. The wort part was part of the bracket got stuck and i was holding this thing up and losing my grip and could not move it while it was 4 feet off the ground. I somehow got it free though.

The person who has motion sickness, are you sure this wasn't just a low frame rate, and low field of view in a game that was causing this? I play games on this thing all the time and don't have any issues.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

Qwijib0 posted:

For those wanting to play panel lottery and void warranties, the AVS thread on the C1/G1 has discovered that if your C1 was one of the ones with the new WBE "evo" panel, you can change the personality in the service menu to be a G1 and then you get the 20% brightness boost. Nobody's posted a how-to yet, but I assume they're coming.
Can you link this thread in question. I probably will not do it, but I am curious what panel I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

I think I could also get used to it, it was less jarring as I watched it, but it really looks like a home movie or something to me.