Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I bought my LG Oled65b6p from Chris at Cleveland Plasma and he was very easy to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

So, receivers. The major sites weren't much help in terms of making heads or tails of what is worth getting. I really just need 5.1, HDMI-CEC, and 4k 4:4:4@60hz support, at minimum cost.

Demon Avr-s720w is about as future proof as you can get currently and less than 500 bucks. No built in upscaling, but your tv will do that anyway.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

If the OLED is in your budget and you don't buy it's you're making a bad decision. Don't buy a Sony just because your girlfriend recognizes the name.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

My Samsung Plasma has burn in from the Destiny ammo counter that is never going away. The IR on OLED seems pretty transient in comparison. No issues so far despite some pretty long sessions with static content in one area of the screen.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I have a down and out right height mount and it works well. It brings the tv down from way too high to pretty close to just right.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I just don't give a poo poo at all about even the best possible 3D experience, and neither does most of the audience for watching movies at home evidently.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Tacier posted:

I wouldnít be comfortable with an OLED with that usage, but Iím nervous about getting a C1 with 1hr/day usage, so clearly hyper-cautious. The TCL 6-series is solid, but if I were watching a lot of TV Iíd probably gravitate toward a Sony set since they seem to have the best upscaling.

Iíve had my C6 for almost five years now and it sees all sorts of usage including a lot of video game time and sports and doesnít have any issues. These things donít need to be babied. Just use it like any other TV and donít leave it on CNN 12 hours a day for years and youíll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

BonoMan posted:

Everything I've read is that, while technically better, it's not as big of a jump as expected so basically stay with the 6 series. I think the new 6 series will be miniled anyway?

The 6 is miniled and the 5 is QLED now.