Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Pez posted:

Is there really a huge difference between 60hz and 120hz? My wife and I are looking to get our first flatscreen, still using my old 27" CRT. Is it worth the extra price, especially considering what we're coming from?

No, not really. I turned 120HZ off on my TV, I don't care for it. Honestly just get whatever fits your budget unless you're looking for some specific feature. That's generally true for almost everyone in this thread. If you need a certain feature, you'll probably already be aware of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Sams club near me has a LG OLED 65B6P marked down to 1700 dollars. Wasn’t looking to upgrade my TV, but is this deal crazy good or should I pass and wait a while longer. TV’s keep getting less expensive every day it seems

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Don Lapre posted:

The model is 2 generations old now. Thats why its inexpensive.

Yeah, I realize that, but still a 65" OLED for 1700 bucks seemed like a good deal. The B7 is 2500 at Costco right now

I'm going to pass right now. I have a 8 year old 55" Vizio that still works well, and if I upgrade the TV to 4K I'll want to upgrade everything else and I don't want to spend the money on that right now. The demo screen had serious serious burn in as well. I realize it's been on 24/7 for close to 2 years, but not sure how I feel about having to worry about that.

I have been keeping an eye out for deals on a Vizio P65 or P70, but it seems the Sony sets are the hot ticket right now. Time for some research I guess. Vizio has been good to me though. I still have a VU42 in my bedroom that's at least 10 years old.