Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
I broke and got a GX OLED for a decent price from Video Only in the Bay Area. Since I haven't seen a G1 yet, I won't know what I"m missing, right??? Coming from a final iteration Samsung Plasma, this is definitely a jump in all visual factors.

I have an older 2017 Shield that I'm using but the WebOS versions of most apps seem to function better than the Shield ones. The remote for the LG tv also worked out of the box for the Shield so that was a pleasant surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
I don't believe you're missing anything going from the CX to the C1 (this year's model). Probably some optimizations and some gaming mode enhancements but the CX was the "best tv of the year" based on some reviews.

I didn't expect to see such a huge gap in terms of visual fidelity (but I really should have) going from plasma to OLED. Colors just pop due to HDR, the remote just working is amazing, how cool the tv is (relative to how hot Plasma runs) is actually kind of a side benefit as well. There's something about the screen being absolutely pitch black when blacks are shown that is amazing.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal
Is there any reason nowadays to get an Shield (I have a 2016-17?) with how decently great the LG webOS is?

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal
My wife’s friend had a frame and my wife was convinced that would be our next tv.
luckily I got a good deal on a gx instead and now am enjoying both a happy wife and an oled.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, after watching Kingdom on my plasma and then rewatching Kingdom on my GX, its night/day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal
Wife would have killed me if I ended up getting something like the Klipsch Costco special to put into our living room. Had to get a good looking soundbar to mount on the wall wirelessly. Ended up getting the Sonos Ikea rears for the rear surrounds though.