Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

My Fire stick remote controls my TV and receiver and turns them both on and to the right input by just hitting the home button. It owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

LorneReams posted:

Why does some HDR things look incredible, and some look like absolute poo poo? I’m playing AC:Valhalla on a PS Pro, and it looks like dog poo poo, but if I turn off HDR, it looks awesome. It seems hit or miss with video files as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

BonoMan posted:

I thought the G series had better sound?

Buying a G series OLED without surround sound for shame.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

What on gods green earth

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Best Buy warranty is pretty good for they also cover burn in.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Supposedly Costco warranty does not cover burn in.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

My Netflix, Prime, etc shows 4k/hdr.

HBOMax needs to get on the god drat ball though.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I helped a buddy mount a 77" OLED this past weekend and now he wishes he got an 85" :haw:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

You're gonna think you got new eyeballs with a 4k tv.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Hah. drat. Cheaper to just get a roku or fire stick.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That’s all exactly right.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Only reason I'd upgrade my receiver is for new HDMI standards.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

65" TV is much less painful.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Give it time. Even receivers are having issues with all of that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I have the same setup except an older model. I use the fire stick remote for everything. I don’t touch the denon remote at all.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Plugged into the receiver. The only thing I have plugged into my TV is the receiver. I hit the power button on the fire stick remote and it turns on the tv, then the receiver and sometimes the ps5 too.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Amazon rolled out a new GUI for the fire stick and I don't like change.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That's an unbelievably gorgeous movie on an OLED.

That and Planet Earth is what I use to show off mine.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I go to Menards and they have a fuckload of appliances on the floor saying "no wait", but yeah I tried to buy a bed and they said 6 months.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

77" looks perfect :D

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

No I'll definitely have a second person help me, I'm not insane, just trying to figure out how to get it past six flights of stairs and a short ride in a uhaul, twice, without bending it. I am really ocd about bending this thing. It's a $2k tv after all.

Uhaul sells boxes specifically for TVs. Best bet would be to get one.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Oh my god why are you idiots arguing about this I already said I still have the box

Have you considered not throwing it out?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

What?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It's like the one electronics item that I spend a ton of money on and I want it to be replaced if I gently caress up or if the TV is hosed up.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Na but if you have an arm they can bend on the cheaper models.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I’ve installed maybe 40 TVs at the manufacturing company I work for. I’ve seen it bend even with the size and weight ratings. Not a lot mind, but enough where you can see the back of the mount. Bugs me.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

drat

Best Buy offers the very popular LG OLED77CX TV for $2950 for its Best Buy club members (free to sign up). Non-members pay $50 more. Shipping/ Delivery is free.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-77-...T&skuId=6401914

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

1400 usd according to the video.

gently caress. Wake me when it’s $700.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Hmm.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/06/not-just-oled-lg-is-about-to-release-its-first-mini-led-tvs/

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

BonoMan posted:

Army of the Dead was shot with some cameras that had dead pixels on the sensor

What the gently caress

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainment/lgs-rollable-oled-tv-on-sale-in-us-for-a-whopping-100000/

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Some mounts allow you some movement to the left or right. The mounts tend to have many holes so you can mount to the studs and still center the TV.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah I've done that. Or bolt a 2x4 to the studs and then the TV mount to the 2x4.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

There can be dozens and dozens of settings and my eye balls arent the greatest. I appreciate some guide to tell me the easy poo poo to turn on and off.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Biggest pet peeve with TVs is people mounting it gently caress high over their fireplace.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

How much your life is dull and boring now and that it will change once you have the C1.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Cheap as gently caress.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Heh I have a B7 OLED and I'm considering upgrading. What's holding me back is the lack of hdmi 2.1 receivers. Once those are more prevalent at a decent cost, I'll upgrade.

I do think the OLED is a good bit better than the TLC, but I'm not sure it's a massive difference unless you're going all 2.1.

Also I want to go from 65" to 77".

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It’s really the only electronics store left. Whenever I go in there there is people buying all sorts of stuff. Hell I’m told they’re busy as hell doing things like mounting peoples tvs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I take all the old electronics from work there for gift cards. Stacks and stacks of laptops and iPhones that I’m told to pitch.