Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

Yep! They did do that! I hadn't really thought about the learning aspect of it before and just figured it was a cute habit both mother and daughter had, but it totally makes sense in retrospect.

This is actually something I've been wondering about myself. It's pretty commonly accepted that cats see humans they bond with as kind of big hairless mother cats. I've been wondering if they pick stuff up from us as well. My cat, for instance, has a weird habit where he eats with his paw. He'll pluck out a pawful of food from the bowl, then eat it off his paw. Everyone seems to think he's picked it up watching me (because obviously as a human I eat sandwiches and whatnot with my hand).

When we leave and come back our two cats will always be sitting in our two computer chairs like us. Then even match gender and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Godholio posted:

The best ending for that would be a bunch of cats that avoid each other. If they'd stayed together that's probably what would already be happening...kittens don't usually stay friends for long once they start getting big.

I have a brother/sister cat pair I've had since they are kittens. They still cuddle together in piles of cuteness and clean each other and play and they are almost 3 now.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

It's not like cats ever really get used to their name anyway.

• Locked thread