Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
What should I be doing to learn this game correctly? I get the feeling it isn't the campaign. I've been doing 6 player Skilled games just getting my poo poo kicked in constantly, but after reading this thread I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. My arch-nemesis is upkeep, as it was in every Total War game. For some reason I can never strike that balance, most likely due to a fundamental misunderstanding of the game mechanics.

I've been doing Scout and rushing to swordsman because they seemed like a solid unit to get. Then I just Explore Province and hope I RNG into a not-impossible encounter. Usually when I venture out I find extremely powerful poo poo in every direction which leads me to believe I should be grinding up a few levels in my home province. I run into two problems: all of this poo poo costs money and if I rush straight for it I don't have any left. This has a lot to do with how slow units heal after battles, my first instinct is to just buy new ones but that doesn't seem right does it?

P.S. What's up with some of those options on the screen where you set up a random CPU game? Where you can click off diplomacy, exploration and map settings? I can't find anywhere that says what these things do. Diplomacy is straightforward at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The best strategy is the one that works. I don't think anyone here has successfully transitioned to a mid difficulty.

• Locked thread