Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

victrix posted:

There are some nasty events.

I had a run in with a band of Inquisitors who weren't too happy with my horrendously evil actions. When I told them to gently caress off, they warned me they would be back. Flavor text, said I.

Nope.

They sieged one of my provinces a few turns later and conquered it, setting up an inquisitorial state.

Huh, said I. I squashed them and went about my business.

Still not done!

They staged repeated raids over the next several dozen turns, occasionally completely conquering provinces, and eventually necessitating fairly sturdy guards in every one of my provinces to protect from surprise inquisition visits.

It's possible there was an end-stage to that long event, but I died to the AI before I could see it :v:

One of your provinces has a lair which is an inquisitors' stronghold. Once you have explored and found that lair, and sent an army there to crush it, the inquisitors will stop raiding you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wolpertinger posted:

You need specific buildings to use monster 'eggs' - I haven't ever done it myself, but the text seems to imply that you only need one egg and you can make as many of that monster as you'd like, which is probably why there's all the hassle. I could be wrong, though - it IS a translation and could be poorly worded. Like, for example, I have Stonehenge, which says it will allow me to recruit treants if I have a treant acorn in my treasury.

No, it's one critter per egg / acorn.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Sean posted:

Agreed she's obnoxious. In my game, she declared war about two turns after making contact, giving me some fluff about running out of patience. After she lost a few provinces, she sued for peace, which I foolishly accepted. Cut to turn 120 where I've been BSing around with my first warrior, who is now a lvl 30 dark knight, and my other hero is a mostly ignored lvl 6 scout.

Warrior has been charging around the map, and now its time to take her stronghold. Which has some hydra/manticore/spider/other stuff guard. Which webs me. While manticores stack 6 damage poisons on me.

gently caress.

Any province guard force that includes two or more spiders can never be taken by a solo hero (even one that's level 30 and stacked to the gills with legendary artifacts), since the spiders will chain-web your hero while the other guards tear him apart without even the risk of being counter-attacked.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jan 2, 2013

• Locked thread