Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Does reverting to the previous turn cost you anything? The description says you lose "glory" but is that something tangible or just a score you get when you complete the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Jastiger posted:

How do you use summong creatures though? I get tons of eggs to use to summon spiders, slugs, and just now a phoenix. How do I summon the drat thing?

This must be killing you

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I recommend getting Haste for your warrior at the same time you get plate, otherwise you'll have a hard time with multiple mages even when no other low level unit can touch you

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The Quake posted:

This is what happens when you have a lone level 8 warrior vs 15 or so high level Stone Gargoyles. I was on the last gargoyle, my armor was broken, my weapon was broken, and I had just recovered from 1000 stacks of blunt weapon.

It's annoying but the alternative is battles that literally last forever because both sides have too much regen/armor to kill each other

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

You can hire minotaurs sometimes when you choose to explore a labyrinth (deeper/deepest exploration choices can bring you to friendly minotaurs, not sure about the shallowest option,) they're quite good for T2 units

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

They're pretty different games, Eador has a pretty cool single player campaign which dom3 doesn't have at all but I can't imagine Eador being more fun than dominions 3 in multiplayer, there's a lot less customization and strategic options since you can only manage one province a turn besides your capital and you can't have more than a couple troop commanders for a long time. Eador is a much better choice if you want a single player game but I think dom3 is a better game in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think the biggest problem I have with Eador is how samey the early game is. With Dom3 you have a lot of options for customizing your early expansion and figuring out what angle to take with a given nation is a lot of the fun. I'm not that far in the campaign (I've only met 2 masters so far) but I'm not sure why I would ever want to take anything but a warrior at the start of a map

• Locked thread