Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I say we knock the Moon out of its orbit and leave them both to rot.

Seriously, this LP is great. I saw this game around way back when, but I never bought it. Kind of regret that now, a Moon-based faction is cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I'm curious - does the globe for the mission selection change as the campaign goes on? Like, are the ice caps gone now and the seas rising any?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The whole planet's gonna be sunbathing soon.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I guess I should've waited a couple missions before asking. :stare:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Jesus. :stare:

Usually the end of the world is either cartoony or quick. Having us watch the Earth slowly dying until it's not even recognizable is pretty drat dark.

But effective.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The ending cutscene was a little...underwhelming? It didn't even show the Moon, which it kinda seems like it should for the Moon-based faction.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Teledahn posted:

I would like to request more pointless engineering endeavours in the future.

I second this. Even in evacuation, we must not allow a mineshaft construction gap!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I have no idea what's a reference and what's coincidence, but a shut-in Matrix-named hacker type hiding out in Japan is too perfect.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I'm curious as to how many monuments/landmarks are in this game. We saw the Christ statue back in Rio de Janeiro with the LC, and the Pyramids now... I assume the ED has at least one, but are there others?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Captain Bravo posted:

The LC are doing fine on the moon. Cover yourself in Regolith, and enjoy the glut of power that your solar cells are now bringing in. They're not dependent on crops, surface water, or air conditioning to stay alive, so they can stick it out until the whole drat planet explodes.

Which raises the question of why the LC needs to evacuate at all. I mean, if Earth is actually going to blow up for some strange reason, yeah, but if it's just in a new inhospitable orbit, that wouldn't affect the Moon much.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Now I'm curious if there's a special cutscene for running out of time.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Kind of odd that the UCS didn't get the UFO in its campaign, unless I missed a mention where it was lost.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

axeil posted:

The ED campaign is so hilariously broken between the UFO, way too many resource missions, NEO, and the Ion Cannon. I'm glad I ended up saving it for last.

I think it's pretty funny that you've got all this stuff and Earth isn't even looking bad yet.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Does the ED even have enough computers for NEO to use, though?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I'm mostly posting to try to get to the next page. Firefox heaves when I try to load this one.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I guess it makes sense if it's the "tutorial" campaign, but is there any indication that you're supposed to do the ED missions first?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Glazius posted:

Ah, this is why they let you get so much cash as the ED - they're expecting you to build all the nukes.

Maybe, but why wouldn't you? :v:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Weren't there missions for the LC if they sided with the ED?

And no worries about the editing. After all, what's a (pseudo-)Soviet campaign without political backstabbing? :ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I just realized the UFO is the alien fighter from Independence Day.

Also goddamn, what a bitch of a mission. I wonder how it managed to be shipped while literally unfinishable?

• Locked thread