Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
It was compared to Warzone 2100 a lot during development. I can recall an article in a magazine doing a side-by-side comparison between the two games, but please don't ask me for specifics. It's been far too long since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

As far as I remember, the game will also auto-grant you all ressources on the map if you destroy all the enemies. Hunting down that last enemy supply flier is always a bit annoying though.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Also, I think the Solar Powerplant works with less efficiency while there's bad weather.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Maybe they forgot between games that only one of those ships was built and based an entire LC fleet on the design.

Nuramor fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 18, 2013

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Since you have enough resources at home and you said the campaign will end immediately after you gathered enough resources, is there a way for you to finish that mission without completing Catharsis so we can see the "Mission complete" dialog? Those are always kinda funny.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

I'm voting for UCS as well

Plasma goodness for all.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Your description of the power grid is a bit misleading. Power transmitters can be placed in the blue area to extend the green area further outward. This can be done repeatedly. There is no need to build a new powerplant as long as the overall supply is sufficient.
It's common to see a chain of transmitters stretch across the map to reach some place you need powered for some reason.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

UCS Hellmaker posted:

But its then a weak link. Anything that takes out one part of the chain can shut down important defenses or part of your base.

Oh definitely. But remember, the UCS powerplant is essentially a big nuke waiting to happen, not to mention it's more unwieldy than the other two. If memory serves it's also more expensive. It is far easier to just build a transmitter to expand than to fit another powerplant somewhere.
The differences in how to organise your bases is in my opinion one of the more interesting things in the game.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Echoing 3 1 2. Let's get this teleporter working.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

You said earlier that the mission you have to do if you lose Japan is especially difficult and near unwinnable. What's so special about this "New York" mission?

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

The ED not having or using shields seems to make it rather easy, doesn't it?

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

According to the manual, the LC sent their first terraformers to the Mars as soon as 2090. They have most of the infrastructure already in place by now and so need less materials for their transport.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Well ,they could be European. It's not like the ED MUST be Russian all the time.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

axeil posted:

The AI will never intentionally target bridges. They will accidentally destroy them all the time if you engage them while on one, so care should be taken. I've lost Fang while he sat on a bridge and the ED blew the ground out from underneath him. Not fun.

Wait, can't Fang hover as well? Why would being dropped in the ocean cause damage to him?

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Attention
https://www.gog.com is currently running a Totally Topware Weekend promo. The entire Earth 21xx series 70% off, amongst other offers.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

axeil posted:

This update may have been even more fun to write than the Butterfingers Brigade one. :allears:

It did make that impression, yes. You always seem so happy when you get to use the tranporters in meaningful ways.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Hahaha! I like this ending. "We're going to capture their secret project to escape! What do you mean we have no idea how it works? And all the scientists are dead?" Very fitting for this campaign.
I'm looking forward to the LC campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Is it just me or do those in-game texts sound kinda weird? As if it was badly translated or something.

• Locked thread