Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hairpin Soup posted:

Dolores contacted Chad once since this. It was a one line email saying that he was dead to her. We responded with a nice letter from our attorney.

Hah, awesome, I love when stories get happy endings. :3:

quote:

And... that's about it. I guess I'll watch the thread for a bit in case someone has something to say, and close it when it derails too much. Question becomes do I abaondon this account or no?

Why abaondon an account you paid for? Stick around, talk about the stories other people are telling in other threads, join in the community. So long as you're not stupid when you post (and you've got liberal proof against that idea), you should find yourself at home here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's a parachute account so I would imagine she'll go back to using her normal account.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
OP, I am so glad you're recovering from this. I hope you have a blast at your wedding too.

Kung Food posted:

Well he isn't going to be jailed, but he will be in a prison of sorts, a self imposed one. He is moving to a rural area where the only person he is going to know is already a town pariah and it's not like he is able to socialize without having his hand held through it. So he has the rest of his life to look forward to being bitter, alone, and living in his own filth. What he is going to do to himself is worse than what the state would do. Sometimes living well really is the best revenge, and I hope Hairpin revenges hard.
I disagree only that this is worse than anything the state could do, prison is pretty miserable. Everything else is spot-on. The only way I can imagine it being worse for him is if he understood why his life sucks so completely now. But that would require enough insight for him to be able to possibly change for the better, and that's no good.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Thank you for the story OP.

It sucks it happened to you, but at least you're getting the help you need and will have an awesome husband, so yay! :)

Fazy3
Oct 24, 2012

Hairpin Soup posted:

About a month later, another frriend called me "Hey Hairpin. You know how you said you might be able to have Josh arrested if you had his computer? I totally could have stolen it for you." I asked why "Because I was just in Josh's house."

Fake story, good read.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Of all the things to call out as fake, you pick the guy going to an open house? :confused:

Berlin Swing
Jan 23, 2006

You know what, who even cares? If it's just a story, then it's a well-told and entertaining story, and I'd still want to read it.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fazy3 posted:

Fake story, good read.

Bad post, stupid poster.

Fazy3
Oct 24, 2012

Corn Thongs posted:

Of all the things to call out as fake, you pick the guy going to an open house? :confused:

The story is extremely well typed/told but I find it hard to believe 80% of what I just read. Now before I get lynched by this thread's angry mob, try not to be offended by my opinion (It means nothing).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fazy3 posted:

The story is extremely well typed/told but I find it hard to believe 80% of what I just read. Now before I get lynched by this thread's angry mob, try not to be offended by my opinion (It means nothing).

No one will ever know so who cares? I choose to believe it's real.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
gently caress, do you idiot threadshitters go to the movies, and at the credits when it says 'based on a true story' throw up your hands and start howling nonsense about what bullshit that is? Just shut the hell up.

Fazy3
Oct 24, 2012

Furnok Dorn posted:

gently caress, do you idiot threadshitters go to the movies, and at the credits when it says 'based on a true story' throw up your hands and start howling nonsense about what bullshit that is? Just shut the hell up.

You're not very good at taking advice are you?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Fazy3 posted:

You're not very good at taking advice are you?

In his defense, you're not very good at giving it either.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
good thread, good story. Happy for you, Hairpin, for moving on with your life.

time to close the thread (imo)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Y'all know you can just ignore people right? 50 people don't have to respond to every thread poo poo. Just saying that in advance because I know how this thread rolls.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

NESguerilla posted:

Y'all know you can just ignore people right? 50 people don't have to respond to every thread poo poo.

B-but all the cool kids were doing it. :smith:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

NESguerilla posted:

Y'all know you can just ignore people right? 50 people don't have to respond to every thread poo poo. Just saying that in advance because I know how this thread rolls.

If we don't respond, who will? :ohdear:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Wizard of Smart posted:

If we don't respond, who will? :ohdear:

Mods, that's who.

And I might as well chime in to say I really enjoyed this thread. Thanks, Hairpin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Hairpin Soup do you know how to make ice cream soup?